PDA

View Full Version : Gingrich had HUGE lead in Iowa

cdc482
12-12-2011, 10:00 AM
What happened after the debate? When's the next poll gonna come out? We're in a decently strong second, but Gingrich seemed leaps ahead in the least poll.

12-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Gallup updates the national polling daily at 1. Newt peaked at 37% on the 6th and has been falling down to 33% yesterday. Ron is at 9% nationally now.

Ronulus
12-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Well unfortunately the news media praised him after the debate and told the public that he was clearly now the front runner and awesome. Didn't mention Ron at all. So the polls I don't think will change much.

sailingaway
12-12-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm interested in Iowa and New Hampshire primarily. PPP is polling for an Iowa one but their assumptions about caucus make up is different from the other pollsters and as a result they have Bachmann ahead of Perry and nipping at Ron's heels, which the other polls hadn't shown. I think that comes out tomorrow.

12-12-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm interested in Iowa and New Hampshire primarily. PPP is polling for an Iowa one but their assumptions about caucus make up is different from the other pollsters and as a result they have Bachmann ahead of Perry and nipping at Ron's heels, which the other polls hadn't shown. I think that comes out tomorrow.

PPP says on twitter Newt in the lead with Ron, Bachman and Romney tied for third.

LibertyEagle
12-12-2011, 10:17 AM
PPP says on twitter Newt in the lead with Ron, Bachman and Romney tied for third.

What happened to 2nd?

bluesc
12-12-2011, 10:19 AM
What happened to 2nd?

It is 2nd. I really don't like it at all. She could win Iowa.

ShaneEnochs
12-12-2011, 10:21 AM
What happened to 2nd?

Newt ate it.

LoneWolf
12-12-2011, 10:23 AM
lol

12-12-2011, 10:28 AM
What happened to 2nd?

Sorry typo. tied for 2nd

12-12-2011, 10:29 AM
It is 2nd. I really don't like it at all. She could win Iowa.

No possibility.

Jandrsn21
12-12-2011, 10:29 AM
A RECORD 7.6 million watched that debate, they got to see Newt squirm when asked about infidelity, watch him call butcher the lobbying question, expose the fact that he was for an individual mandate, on and on. Let that debate sink in a little, let BOTH sides of the media attack him, along with prominent conservatives, and we will see Newt go down, it is only a matter of time. My hope is the holidays gets people together and they start talking politics. I'm sure each family has a member that despises Newt enough to speak up and say HEY WTF ARE YOU THINKING.

CaptUSA
12-12-2011, 10:33 AM
A RECORD 7.6 million watched that debate, they got to see Newt squirm when asked about infidelity, watch him call butcher the lobbying question, expose the fact that he was for an individual mandate, on and on. Let that debate sink in a little, let BOTH sides of the media attack him, along with prominent conservatives, and we will see Newt go down, it is only a matter of time. My hope is the holidays gets people together and they start talking politics. I'm sure each family has a member that despises Newt enough to speak up and say HEY WTF ARE YOU THINKING.It doesn't work like that. Unfortunately. The only thing that does is soften support. It makes supporters less enthusiastic. That's a good thing and it will help, but people will still vote for Newt even if they don't like him.

Unless they are given an alternative. Until that happens, he will remain high in the polls. We really need to understand this.

mwkaufman
12-12-2011, 10:40 AM
PPP will release their weekly Iowa poll Tuesday night.

bluesc
12-12-2011, 10:47 AM
No possibility.

She has better organization than Romney. She can compete, given the right poll numbers.

mwkaufman
12-12-2011, 10:55 AM
She has better organization than Romney. She can compete, given the right poll numbers.

I agree. Ron should go after her for her "everyone needs to pay" nonsense. Taxing more is not a conservative solution.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Bachmann likely picked up a lot of votes by reminding people she was born in Iowa. Really stupid how people can pick their candidate because they are both from the same state but this happens all the time.

Ronulus
12-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Bachmann likely picked up a lot of votes by reminding people she was born in Iowa. Really stupid how people can pick their candidate because they are both from the same state but this happens all the time.

Will be good when Perry drops out before Texas :).

samsung1
12-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Bachmann may have convinced some perry supporters to switch to her bandwagon.

trey4sports
12-12-2011, 11:29 AM
stop wetting your panties. Just worry about what you can control. Phone from home, and donating. Besides, no one will get a free pass. If Bachmann is a threat then the campaign will plan accordingly.

ronpaulfollower999
12-12-2011, 11:36 AM
I thought what PPP was talking about on twitter was just the first round of polling. Today's calling could be completely different. We don't even know the demographics of who they called.