JordanL
11-07-2007, 04:39 PM
How does this look?

http://ondecember15th.com/
http://ondecember16th.com/

I registered them as companion sites.

NinjaPirate
11-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Not feeling the graffiti font, and the mosaic is really busy. Stay with the Boston Tea Party theme. I apologize if I come off as being blunt. I'm on my 2nd glass of wine and it's already hitting me.... :p

JordanL
11-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Check on the Tea Party part.

JordanL
11-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Bump... I have both designs up now.

Just want feedback on the design.

Gimme Some Truth
11-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Not classy enough imo. Too detached from the theme and time of the BTP. The "16th" graphic looks out of place aswell.

Sayin that, mixing the BTP graphic with the more up- to-date "hip" design of the feathered black around the edges looks quite good. The font is bad tho .

Still I think somethin more classy ( i like http://thisnovember11th.com/ ) is the way to go.... its important that all 3 sites/pages look similar aswell

JordanL
11-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Not classy enough imo. Too detached from the theme and time of the BTP. The "16th" graphic looks out of place aswell.

Gotcha.

Well, clearly I'm bounding with ideas that no body likes, so I guess at this point I'll leave it all up to Trevor.

Gimme Some Truth
11-07-2007, 05:20 PM
check out my edit. Its not all bad :P

Mckarnin
11-07-2007, 05:20 PM
The pictures and sprayed borders are good...I do not like the fonts. The softness of the oval shaped sprayed on borders calls for a font with crisper lines. You could use a more "traditional" font but then put it into that silver color you are using on the numbers. The silver and the sprayed border make it look "edgy" already.

K

JordanL
11-07-2007, 05:24 PM
check out my edit. Its not all bad :P

Naw, I wasn't seeking pity or a soft word. :P I think I just am appealing to a completely different idea.

Although, that would bring in a completely different crowd... perhaps I should keep it going just to try and get that addition crowd involved.

And I'll take a look at those fonts. :)

Tidewise
11-07-2007, 05:34 PM
I would like to see an historical, patriot theme fitting with the occasion. This was a gnarly event for the forefathers! Let's evoke that spirit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_tea_party

Gimme Some Truth
11-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Id maybe think about making the black dirt-like smudging abit more liquidy ,hazy or dreamlike to kinda symbolize that until now the act of defiance has been pretty much forgotten . Lets face it, supporting Ron Paul is an act of defiance to the status quo and all those who benefit from it.

If you could mix that with a more historical/patriot theme ,fitting with the occasion , as Tidewise mentions, i think it could be a winner. Possibly abit more red, white and blue and some dashes of 16/17 century feeling in there.

I doubt they could be mixed too well tho

Austin
11-07-2007, 05:38 PM
I think it's a bit too busy, as NinjaPirate said. The font is somewhat hard to make out. Also, it's quite dark.

The design itself is quite good, I'm just not sure that it reflects the purpose of the day.

JordanL
11-07-2007, 05:52 PM
I would like to see an historical, patriot theme fitting with the occasion. This was a gnarly event for the forefathers! Let's evoke that spirit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_tea_party

Well I fixed the fonts so they don't looks so.... grunge.

Any ideas on how I can add patriotism without making it too busy?

dfalken
11-07-2007, 06:56 PM
How about putting together a concise but informative essay about Dr. Paul and the December 16th money drive on the teaparty website so that we can copy and paste that text into an email that we can then send to our friends and family in our address books. I have been convincing people by word of mouth to check out Dr. Paul and many of them are ready to vote for him. A well drafted email can spread very quickly and provide tons of free publicity for Dr. Paul and also garnish a bunch of new donors for the Dec 16th effort. If we do this right Dec 16th will resonate throughout the world. Maybe we can even get the official campaign promoters to give us the text or part of the text for that email. Beating the 6 million mark on the 16th is not even going to be a challenge given the momentum this campaign is carrying....I could see us collecting 20 or 30 million if we do this right and if the Paul website can handle the traffic. At this point the support is about to go parabolic (actually it already is) and I think Dec 16th is going to be larger than even most of us dream of.

David

JordanL
11-07-2007, 07:11 PM
How about putting together a concise but informative essay about Dr. Paul and the December 16th money drive on the teaparty website so that we can copy and paste that text into an email that we can then send to our friends and family in our address books. I have been convincing people by word of mouth to check out Dr. Paul and many of them are ready to vote for him. A well drafted email can spread very quickly and provide tons of free publicity for Dr. Paul and also garnish a bunch of new donors for the Dec 16th effort. If we do this right Dec 16th will resonate throughout the world. Maybe we can even get the official campaign promoters to give us the text or part of the text for that email. Beating the 6 million mark on the 16th is not even going to be a challenge given the momentum this campaign is carrying....I could see us collecting 20 or 30 million if we do this right and if the Paul website can handle the traffic. At this point the support is about to go parabolic (actually it already is) and I think Dec 16th is going to be larger than even most of us dream of.

David

You mean like this?

Ron Paul. His name is that of a political rockstar, but as he has told his crowds before, his revolution is not about the man, but about the message. And that message is an important one, that harkens back to Jefferson and Franklin, who gave us the society which we have squandered.

Ron Paul is hard to describe as a politician. He holds many views, and few people agree with all of them, but unlike most other politicians, people are not repulsed from him by their disagreement, but rather intrigued, the way you might find a particularly challenging project interesting.

America needs to be broken from it's daily grind of "business as usual", and the only way to even get that going is by getting Ron Paul into the White House, which would both establish an honerable, trustworthy and smart man our forefathers would be proud of in the Executive Branch, but also send a message to politicians around the country: you work for us, not the other way around.

Like an employee who is consistantly tardy and disruptive and unproductive, it is time to fire the current political leadership, and send them a message that America will not put up with their shennanigans any longer. But before we can send that message to the politicians, the message must be heard by the people themselves. Not everyone has heard of Ron Paul, or heard what he stands for.

We sent this message on November 5th, 2007 by organizing 37,000+ everyday people to donate a total of $4.3 million dollars to Ron Paul's campaign, openning the media's eyes to the fact that Ron Paul not only stands a chance, but represents the views of a signifigant amount of Americans.

We intend to send that message again. On December 15th and 16th, Ron Paul supporters around the country will be organizing a Weekend For Liberty designed to draw attention to the campaign and the message. The goals are two-fold: to raise additional funds for the candidate of the Constitution, and to raise awareness.

To this end, we are organizing Saturday December 15th, which is Bill of Rights Day as a day of campaigning. Money is great, but what really counts is votes. On Saturday, we will be organizing country wide gatherings, sign brigades, and any actions we can take to raise awareness of our candidate and his message. The important thing for Saturday is to be active and be visible. Talk with people, be friendly, and above all else be tollerant. We know that we are in the right, so we have no reason to be quick to anger. The truth shines thru whether or not others believe you at first.

On Sunday December 16th we will be celebrating the 234th anniversary of the Boston Tea Party. The colonists boycotted and then dumped tea in protest of unfair and unrepresented taxes. Similarly we have much to say about our current state of civil liberties, debts, taxes, and everything this country originally stood for.

So our goal for Sunday the 16th is to raise $13 million dollars for Ron Paul's campaign, $1 million for each of the original 13 colonies of the United States of America.

Join us in the biggest weekend of grassroots campaigning ever!

austin356
11-07-2007, 07:24 PM
You seem to have changed them up a bit..... (am I wrong there?)

If so the new version is definitely better. I like the idea of companion sites, though it is not 100% necessary. Maybe a little bit more historic looking would improve it.

dfalken
11-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Beautiful and pardon my ignorance that I didn't know this existed. I suppose it will be on the teaparty site right?

austin356
11-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Beautiful and pardon my ignorance that I didn't know this existed. I suppose it will be on the teaparty site right?

The two links in the OP are the draft versions of the bottom two links below.

Three sites:

www.weekendforliberty.com; Broad site with graphics/links to the two sites below:
www.rightsrally07.com; focus on BoRs day and its activities
www.teaparty07.com; focus on donations.

JordanL
11-07-2007, 07:38 PM
The two links in the OP are the draft versions of the bottom two links below.

Three sites:

www.weekendforliberty.com; Broad site with graphics/links to the two sites below:
www.rightsrally07.com; focus on BoRs day and its activities
www.teaparty07.com; focus on donations.

If they'll use my designs and such. If not, I'll just operate the two site independently to attract a different crowd, keeping open discourse with the other sites so that we're all spreading the same message. :)

JordanL
11-07-2007, 07:39 PM

Ah, you were referrign to the essay I posted?

Yeah, I wrote that last night. :) Writing is a hobby of mine.

JordanL
11-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Sorry to triple post here, but just wanted to let you guys know that I added some things to both sites to up the historicalness.

Tidewise
11-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Hey Jordan, I think the design is looking great. I know you will get a lot suggestions, but you obviously have good design instincts.

My humble suggestions:

Some cool founding father quotes.
Ron Paul quotes.
Links to the Declaration/Constitution/Bill of Rights.
I assume you will have a counter of some sort.

I look forward to seeing the sites evolve. I will be donating both days! Thank you for your efforts.

JordanL
11-07-2007, 11:43 PM
Hey Jordan, I think the design is looking great. I know you will get a lot suggestions, but you obviously have good design instincts.

My humble suggestions:

Some cool founding father quotes.
Ron Paul quotes.
Links to the Declaration/Constitution/Bill of Rights.
I assume you will have a counter of some sort.

I look forward to seeing the sites evolve. I will be donating both days! Thank you for your efforts.

:)

Thanks. I'll take those suggestions under consideration.

dfalken
11-08-2007, 06:29 AM
Tidewise said he/she will be donating on both days...isn't this what we want to avoid? To maximize the media impact (which should be one of our main goals here) we need to focus the donations all on one day. It seems many people are going to get confused and donate on the 15th. I've also been thinking about the donation amount selection boxes....we should definitely have a smaller amount option like say $10. Personally I think the amount of individual donors is going to be more important for media coverage than the total amount collected. Breaking the all time record is not going to be a challenge at all but if we could make headlines with say 100k individual donors, that would go a long way. Let's not risk driving away anyone that can't afford $100 and doesn't realize that smaller amounts are welcome...heck let's have a $1 donation amount that even people that don't truly follow this campaign can click on just to feel like they are making part of history.

David