12-12-2011, 08:58 AM
[vmnnmmn

trey4sports
12-12-2011, 09:01 AM
nice!

+rep for posting

ShaneEnochs
12-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Not quite the same effect as the other one, but still nice.

specsaregood
12-12-2011, 09:02 AM
I'm wondering if this is in direct response to newt's "I was in the private sector" response during the debate.

revgen
12-12-2011, 09:03 AM
I like the first one better, but this one is great too.

Revolution9
12-12-2011, 09:03 AM
hehehe.. Cool

Rev9

bluesc
12-12-2011, 09:04 AM
Yeah, first one was better, but hopefully this gets Ron some more media. It's still pretty damn brutal.

TwoJ
12-12-2011, 09:04 AM
I like the first one better, but this one is great too.

Same

Agorism
12-12-2011, 09:05 AM
meh, it's a decent ad, but I'd say slightly not as good as the previous serial hypocrisy ad. I think it's got a too much "mission impossible" going on.

I'm not sure what this ad does that the previous one didn't though, but if he wants just a variation of the previous ad to attack Gingrich I guess it's ok.

12-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Ouch, they aren't letting up. Good.

Agorism
12-12-2011, 09:07 AM
I'm wondering if this is in direct response to newt's "I was in the private sector" response during the debate.

That's what they should have done, and then said no you're a lobbyist Newt!

Call the ad "word games"

Democrats call tax hikes "fees" in California. Newt calls working as a lobbyist being a historian.

WD-NY
12-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Meh.

Music stinks. Ergo, commercial = not nearly as devastating as it could've been.

Also, why add the girl interacting with the computer screen? I don't get it.

The add also lacks any semblance of a narrative. In the first Newt ad, Ron used newt's own words (delivered in a speech) to create an outline/narrative for the commercial.

This ad, on the other hand has no anchor and so drifts about.

Edit: building an ad around the "I was in the private sector" clip and returning to that clip multiple times (re: repeating after each brutal example of newt being the worst kind of politician/lobbyist) set to the same kid of gritty music used in Serial Hypocrisy would've been 10x more effective.

This ad may end up hurting more than it helps bc it allows the press to play the Teflon newt card.

robmpreston
12-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Not crazy about it tbh. A little slow and unconvincing for me.

Agorism
12-12-2011, 09:11 AM
I didn't like Big Dog either. His earlier ads were all better.

Sola_Fide
12-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Not the best, but hey, the campaign has set the bar pretty high with the best ads of 2012.

low preference guy
12-12-2011, 09:12 AM
Ron Paul has no mercy! That's what happens to someone who campaigns for a Democrat against Ron Paul!

CaptUSA
12-12-2011, 09:12 AM
Swing and a miss on this one for me...

They got a lot of mileage out of the last one, I'm not sure doubling down on the same theme will add to anything.

No Free Beer
12-12-2011, 09:14 AM
the lady should have voted for ron paul at the end...

12-12-2011, 09:14 AM
It'll take off for one reason, the clip of newt saying the speaker of the house is an insider.

brendan.orourke
12-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Just like Paul said, if the media isn't going to talk about Newt's abhorrent record, he has to. Keep it up!

Lafayette
12-12-2011, 09:17 AM
I think they should have done a video contrasting Paul's warning of the housing bubble vs Gingrich's support for Freddie Mack and the bailouts.
Show old speeches and such. May have made for a longer video but i think it would have been a better way to go.

JohnGalt23g
12-12-2011, 09:17 AM

They need to work that into an ad, pronto!!

Carole
12-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Powerful ad.

Agorism
12-12-2011, 09:19 AM
I think they should have done a video contrasting Paul's warning of the housing bubble vs Gingrich's support for Freddie Mack and the bailouts.
Show old speeches and such. May have made for a longer video but i think it would have been a better way to go.

That would be cool 60 second ad.

kojirodensetsu
12-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Overall it was good, but I could have done without the high pitched beeping noises constantly going off.

IndianaPolitico
12-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Not too bad, not as good as the first anti Newt ad, but then again that was awesome! I would really like to see more pro Paul ads though, showing he can beat Obama. That is what we need to get out.

rich34
12-12-2011, 09:22 AM
I wonder if these two have personal beef against each other? This is getting funny.

ForLiberty2012
I LOVE this... People, stop hating so much, seriously. If you are such a hard-core critiquer then go make your own video instead of hating on what the campaign comes out with.... Negative nancys! lol

Cinderella
i thought the ad was great! i wish that they would have shown a bit of newts record and then had the girl click Ron Pauls name and show his record...then have her vote for Dr. Paul at the end....either way pretty cool ad...young voters will like the video game style of it....stop being so critical and give credit where credit is due...the campaign has done a great job IMO :) keep up the good work!! i hope to see a Carol Paul ad soon :)

tremendoustie
12-12-2011, 09:23 AM
It's ok, but not as good as the last one.

How about one pointing out that newt voted to create the federal department of education, continually voted for gun control (earning a D rating from GOA), and cosponsored both the fairness doctrine and global warming legislation?

12-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Not too bad, not as good as the first anti Newt ad, but then again that was awesome! I would really like to see more pro Paul ads though, showing he can beat Obama. That is what we need to get out.

He can't beat Obama if he doesn't get out of the primary and Newt is polling over 30%. Priority 1 is to knock him back to earth.

tsetsefly
12-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Im glad they are hitting newt, his record is his own worst enemy. I liked this add, the start was sort of wtf but th bring up some new stuff and contiue to point out he is for individual healthcare mandate.

brushfire
12-12-2011, 09:25 AM
I like these ads - they should include a website reference for more details backing the claims. Just for those 1 or 2 people that dont take things at face value.

ETA - serialhypocrisy.com is available for $12 a year. ..Back the tv ad campaign with a web site.

silk30
12-12-2011, 09:26 AM
EXCELLENT ad. Loved how it started off showing a voter actually looking at the candidates' records. RP does not even have to put forth the claims about Newt's corruption and anti-conservative, globalist agenda. Newt does it himself so well.

12-12-2011, 09:27 AM
I wonder if these two have personal beef against each other? This is getting funny.

Newt lobbied a democrat to switch to republican to run against Ron when Ron was returning to congress in the 90's. That's personal IMO.

specsaregood
12-12-2011, 09:27 AM

Dr. Paul gave up his medical practice (something that made him happiest) for the 2nd time in order to take part in the republican revolution of the 90's. In response Newt got the democrat incumbent to switch to republican and run against Dr. Paul in the primary. And got Bush and all the establishment GOP to endorse the "ex" democrat incumbent. Then there is the whole newt doing his thing as speaker destroying any chance at a conservative revolution.

So yeah, I think you could say it is personal.

roversaurus
12-12-2011, 09:29 AM
If they want to continue to attack Gingrich I'd go with an ad that attacks what voters care about. His electability. Focus on how independents just hate Gingrich and Gingrich is unelectable.

Everyone already knows he's a hypocrite but Republicans will ABANDON anyone they think can't beat Obama.

Cody1
12-12-2011, 09:32 AM
I LOVE this... People, stop hating so much, seriously. If you are such a hard-core critiquer then go make your own video instead of hating on what the campaign comes out with.... Negative nancys! lol

I agree. Looks like we have a lot of pro media producers on the forums lately.

I'll be looking forward to a whole slew of cheaply priced, professional looking ads coming from the grass roots. And if it doesn't have the magic that I personally am looking for i'll post how it was a bad add buy. :toady:

specsaregood
12-12-2011, 09:34 AM
If they want to continue to attack Gingrich I'd go with an ad that attacks what voters care about. His electability. Focus on how independents just hate Gingrich and Gingrich is unelectable.

Everyone already knows he's a hypocrite but Republicans will ABANDON anyone they think can't beat Obama.

But will people show up and caucus for a hyopcrite just because they think he might beat Obama? I have faith that Dr. Paul's pollsters know what they are doing here.

Aratus
12-12-2011, 09:34 AM
i'm in a good mood.
i'm repping all in this
thread. i am happy.

tremendoustie
12-12-2011, 09:38 AM

I'll be looking forward to a whole slew of cheaply priced, professional looking ads coming from the grass roots. And if it doesn't have the magic that I personally am looking for i'll post how it was a bad add buy. :toady:

Dude, I've been enthusiastic about every other ad they've produced this cycle. I'm just trying to be objective here -- people from the campaign probably read this, and they should know if this one's not going to be as effective.

I really think we've got to hit him on the fairness doctrine, creating the federal department of education, gun control, global warming legislation, and maybe GATT. Also, quotes from newt are fantastic, and quotes from reporters are good -- but voice overs should be used as little as possible, because it just sounds like the opinion of the ad creator.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth. It's not a bad ad, just not as great as the others have been.

kill the banks
12-12-2011, 09:40 AM
i liked this ad ... running the two hypocrisy ads drills it home reinforcing the image in votes minds ... first a strike down the middle , then a change up pitch to get them thinking newt is insider sleaze

ShaneEnochs
12-12-2011, 09:40 AM
What's important is that this is an internet ad, thus it didn't really cost anything.

LawnWake
12-12-2011, 09:42 AM
It's not bad or anything, but 2 attack ads against Newt within a week? I think it makes us look afraid and weak. They really should've just made an add all about how he predicted the housing bubble.

Cinderella
"if youve been speaker of the House, youre always an insider." -- Newt

Agorism
There were better grassroots ads than the big dog ad in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Med926aDBoc&feature=youtu.be

This one wasn't bad

Cody1
Dude, I've been enthusiastic about every other ad they've produced this cycle. I'm just trying to be objective here -- people from the campaign probably read this, and they should know if this one's not going to be as effective.

I really think we've got to hit him on the fairness doctrine, creating the federal department of education, gun control, global warming legislation, and maybe GATT. Also, quotes from newt are fantastic, and quotes from reporters are good -- but voice overs should be used as little as possible, because it just sounds like the opinion of the ad creator.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth. It's not a bad ad, just not as great as the others have been.

I see where you are going. Just like you this add didn't make me fall out of the seat either, it seems to me personally that this add is meant to start drilling the insider notion into people's heads....even making them feel gross for voting Newt. I think the campaign believes if they can make Newt toxic enough it will start to hurt him.

qwerty
12-12-2011, 09:43 AM
VOTE THIS COMMENT UP!

you can see this post in top!

teaparty11(dot)com, an amazing website, go there right now!

LibertyEagle
12-12-2011, 09:43 AM
But will people show up and caucus for a hyopcrite just because they think he might beat Obama? I have faith that Dr. Paul's pollsters know what they are doing here.

Yup, me too.

I am just glad they are not letting that hack get away with his twisting of words. Gingrich represents everything that is wrong with government today.

LibertyEagle
12-12-2011, 09:44 AM

The ad was not for you. You were not the target audience.

trey4sports
12-12-2011, 09:47 AM

This.

Frankly, what you or I think doesn't matter. What focus groups and joe and suzy the average voter think is what really matters.

realtonygoodwin
12-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Not bad! Next they need to put out a big buy that shows Ron in a positive manner. Make it clear why he is the best choice for early state voters.

kill the banks
12-12-2011, 09:49 AM
yup agree on above

LEK
12-12-2011, 09:51 AM
Being a Congressperson is quite lucrative - why I beliecve it is so hard to get rid of them once they get their foot in the door.

That was excellent...a little Minority Report, a little Iron Man...FULL of facts.

Very nice.

kill the banks
12-12-2011, 09:52 AM
seeing most did not watch debate maybe relive the endorsements by perry and mitt as part of new positive ad

tremendoustie
12-12-2011, 09:53 AM
What's important is that this is an internet ad, thus it didn't really cost anything.

Is this true? In that case, there's no downside.

specsaregood
12-12-2011, 09:56 AM
it seems to me personally that this add is meant to start drilling the insider notion into people's heads....even making them feel gross for voting Newt. I think the campaign believes if they can make Newt toxic enough it will start to hurt him.

They don't even need to "hurt" him in IA, they just need to make it so people don't care enough to show up to caucus for him.

tremendoustie
12-12-2011, 09:56 AM
I see where you are going. Just like you this add didn't make me fall out of the seat either, it seems to me personally that this add is meant to start drilling the insider notion into people's heads....even making them feel gross for voting Newt. I think the campaign believes if they can make Newt toxic enough it will start to hurt him.

You may be right -- hey, if the focus groups were overwhelmingly positive, who am I to second guess that.

I'm just saying what I, when I was more of a mainstream republican, would have found convincing -- and a guy who supported the fairness doctrine, the dpt. of education, an individual healthcare mandate, carbon caps, gun control, and TARP, would be DOA for me, no matter what hannity was telling me to believe.

I say make an ad that hits him on all these issues in sharp succession.

Fredom101
12-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Why does anyone like Newt? He seems to me like the fat kid in school who is now going to prove everyone wrong and take power over the people and steal their money in the process to get revenge. I'd love to see a psychologist analyze this guy. I didn't like John McCain but I understood WHY people fell for him- there was an element of authenticity in McCain that I think some people resonated with. But Newt? Other than just a recognizable name and face, I see no reason why he would be popular at all.

I think RP has the right idea in running attack ads to "catapult the propaganda". ;)

Cody1
12-12-2011, 10:02 AM
You may be right -- hey, if the focus groups were overwhelmingly positive, who am I to second guess that.

I'm just saying what I, when I was more of a mainstream republican, would have found convincing -- and a guy who supported the fairness doctrine, the dpt. of education, an individual healthcare mandate, carbon caps, gun control, and TARP, would be DOA for me, no matter what hannity was telling me to believe.

You must have been one hell of a mainstream Republican! Most people in the "mainstream" that I talk to don't comprehend those talking points you mentioned. The one SOLE DESIRE that drives them all is getting Obama out of office with which I usually counter with "And then what?". Everything else is propagandist trash from the MSM talking heads. PS: I live in Columbia, SC. It's pretty bad here.

Aratus
12-12-2011, 10:03 AM
there was a sleek neat quick demographic for the net ad -------------- ^this^ the above could be a new tv ad if...

green73
Drudged!

Just went up
http://drudgereport.com/

jtbraine
mnnmmnmnmnmn

No Free Beer
12-12-2011, 10:05 AM
it's all about reinforcement

LibertyEagle
12-12-2011, 10:08 AM

I have to admit, I'd like to see one like this too. Iowa is in the heartland of America. These issues are red meat for conservatives. Bye, bye Newty.

JakeH
12-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Solid video. Not as good as "Serial Hypocrisy" but solid nonetheless.

LibertyEagle
12-12-2011, 10:10 AM
I think RP has the right idea in running attack ads to "catapult the propaganda". ;)

It's not propaganda when it is the truth.

LibertyEagle
12-12-2011, 10:11 AM
//

kylejack
12-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Is there any polling on how negative advertising affects Iowans? The punches in these ads have all been above the board (e.g. nothing about adultery), but I still wonder if some voters will react negatively to this kind of advertising.

sailingaway
12-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Wow. This is brutal to the point of potential backlash. I hope they are gearing up another positive ad. We need to promote the money bomb!!

Jandrsn21
12-12-2011, 10:22 AM
BAMM! Another Drudge link to a crippling anti newt ad! Let's hope this one goes viral and is talked about in next debate!

ShaneEnochs
12-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Is this true? In that case, there's no downside.

Yeah, a couple hundred dollars max to the person who did the effects, and maybe a hundred to the woman standing there the entire time. Since it's an internet ad, you don't have to pay for television time. All in all, this cost less than a thousand dollars.

EBounding
12-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Although I groaned at the whole "Minority Report" screen at the beginning, I'm glad they're sticking with using Newt's words and the media against him.

sailingaway
12-12-2011, 10:30 AM
The lady was probably used to get the female vote.

I didn't get the woman bit either. I think it was supposed to add a 'Mission Impossible' type feel, but it was out of place imho.

sailingaway
12-12-2011, 10:33 AM

I agree that record should get out there. However, I think Ron Paul is personally offended that Newt Gingrich of all people is the front runner, he has been so much the exact opposite of these practices all these years. And only Ron has a clean enough record to do this. But it could still turn people against him, and to another candidate, not Newt. That is the issue with ads this strong in a multiparty primary. It isn't just a 'my guy or this guy' scenario.

WD-NY
12-12-2011, 10:33 AM

I think the ad was actually for the MSM - here's why: without them picking it up and writing about it (as they did Serial Hypocrisy), very few people who don't already support Ron Paul will see this.

Then again, things can go viral without their coverage so perhaps this ad will be sent around more than I suspect it will. That said, I honestly don't think it's an A+ (or A) effort. Romney's attack ad against Newt was also a bit scatter shot and didn't receive much play in the press. Luckily for us, he his PAC is putting a couple $million behind it :)

(on the positive side, this ad introduces a lot of new & devastating video and audio clips of Newt. They just undermine the seriousness of said clips with the stupid music and Mission Impossible graphics... )

LibertyEagle
12-12-2011, 10:44 AM
It's only my opinion, but I think it's time for a why you need to vote for Ron Paul ad.

brendan.orourke
12-12-2011, 10:50 AM
That was fantastic, and far more glaring, I think, than the serial hypocrisy ad. Great job RP team!

Muttley
12-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Cool, but I'm with a lot of other people...the first one was better. I wouldn't run this due to cost constraints.

Oklahoman
12-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Here in Oklahoma, we are only 6 votes, so I'm not sure how applicable to the rest of the nation we are. I realize all states have individual issues (Ohio anyone?).

But I can make it simple for Oklahoma:

Show an ad with Newt's record on Gun Control.

Coburn already can't stand Newt, and the entire demographic of 65+ years and older (which vote habitually) in Oklahoma will dump Newt in 2 seconds.

As I said, I don't know how far reaching that is, but I know Georgia is taking a stand against Newt right now, and if the right ad will be placed, Ron can pick up delegates from several states.

Trust me.....even those who "LOVE" Newt will dump immediately if he's for Gun Control.

Look who "Gun Owners of America supports"

http://motherjones.com/mojo/2011/12/gun-owners-take-on-newt-gingrich

Mitt Romney has also been smeared by gun groups for supporting gun control laws earlier in his career. Although the other GOP candidates, such as Gov. Rick Perry, Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota, Buddy Roemer and Gary Johnson have solid pro-gun records, Rep. Ron Paul of Texas may be the most zealous pro-gun supporter. Paul introduced the Second Amendment Protection Act to Congress in 2007, which aimed to repeal the federal rule requiring five-day waiting period and background checks on individuals purchasing firearms, as well as the ban on semi-automatic weapons.

Taken from: http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/262523/20111207/newt-gingirch-attacked-anti-gun-supporting-initiative.htm

JohnGalt23g
12-12-2011, 10:58 AM
It's not bad or anything, but 2 attack ads against Newt within a week? I think it makes us look afraid and weak. They really should've just made an add all about how he predicted the housing bubble.

It makes us look like a campaign in second place, taking it to the campaign in first place.

And doing so successfully, BTW.

Forty Twice
12-12-2011, 10:59 AM
I think they missed the most powerful visuals of the campaign and also a chance to show the media's hypocrisy. The media is calling Newt Gingrich the winner of Saturday night's debate. Saying he knocked out of the park everything thrown at him. On the contrary. If you watch the actual debate at the point where Ron claimed he took money from Freddie Mac that was eventually bailed out by taxpayers, Newt responds by claiming he did not represent or lobby to earn that money, he was advising and being a historian for them. The key part is that the crowd broke out into laughter. Then Ron Paul started laughing. Then Newt started laughing, which was a smart way to defuse the situation. I would not call this hitting it out of the park. In fact, I've seen the media crucify politicians over less damaging 20 second clips (Ross Perot, Howard Dean, Rick Perry). It is the media hypocrisy on their debate coverage plus Newt's serial hypocricy that comes through in this debate exchange. Another powerful visual was during Ron's Meet the Press interview Sunday morning where he explained that Newt's behavior was not illegal, but Ron would not have done it because it is immoral. Whoooooaaaaaaahhhhh! That's powerful stuff.

I wish their new add contained those two powerful clips.

parocks
12-12-2011, 11:16 AM

I personally would love to see the grassroots come up with great ads. I think the official campaigns ads are great, and I'm not saying that the grassroots ads are needed.

LibertyEagle
12-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Here in Oklahoma, we are only 6 votes, so I'm not sure how applicable to the rest of the nation we are. I realize all states have individual issues (Ohio anyone?).

Coburn already can't stand Newt, and the entire demographic of 65+ years and older (which vote habitually) in Oklahoma will dump Newt in 2 seconds.

As I said, I don't know how far reaching that is, but I know Georgia is taking a stand against Newt right now, and if the right ad will be placed, Ron can pick up delegates from several states.

Trust me.....even those who "LOVE" Newt will dump immediately if he's for Gun Control.

Mitt Romney has also been smeared by gun groups for supporting gun control laws earlier in his career. Although the other GOP candidates, such as Gov. Rick Perry, Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota, Buddy Roemer and Gary Johnson have solid pro-gun records, Rep. Ron Paul of Texas may be the most zealous pro-gun supporter. Paul introduced the Second Amendment Protection Act to Congress in 2007, which aimed to repeal the federal rule requiring five-day waiting period and background checks on individuals purchasing firearms, as well as the ban on semi-automatic weapons.

Taken from: http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/262523/20111207/newt-gingirch-attacked-anti-gun-supporting-initiative.htm

Yup... GUNS, GUNS, GUNS. This works well in the heartland.

Note: I'm from Oklahoma too. :) Welcome to the forums.

trey4sports
12-12-2011, 11:19 AM
I have to admit, I'd like to see one like this too. Iowa is in the heartland of America. These issues are red meat for conservatives. Bye, bye Newty.

My guess would be that the campaign will leave no stone unturned with Newt. We very well could see 2 or 3 more web ads against Newt in the coming weeks. Now, if he starts to fall we can hit Romney. (or Bachmann, if we must)

iamse7en
12-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Weird minority report theme, music isn't great, but excellent content.

Feeding the Abscess
12-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Why does anyone like Newt? He seems to me like the fat kid in school who is now going to prove everyone wrong and take power over the people and steal their money in the process to get revenge. I'd love to see a psychologist analyze this guy. I didn't like John McCain but I understood WHY people fell for him- there was an element of authenticity in McCain that I think some people resonated with. But Newt? Other than just a recognizable name and face, I see no reason why he would be popular at all.

Next RP grassroots ad:

Newt Gingrich as Eric Cartman.

trey4sports
12-12-2011, 11:25 AM
It's only my opinion, but I think it's time for a why you need to vote for Ron Paul ad.

Or an electability ad. I still think hitting the airwaves showing polls of Ron beating Obama/fairing better than others would be great. If the campaign genuinely believes that we are going to win Iowa we might save that ad for the day after we win. That would start setting up the narrative and hit it at exactly the right time IMO. Of course that is dependent on us winning Iowa though which is not exactly a given.

Cool, but I'm with a lot of other people...the first one was better. I wouldn't run this due to cost constraints.

it's just a web ad so it wont be part of a major ad buy unless they redo the ad.

yup. That is red meat.

I personally would love to see the grassroots come up with great ads. I think the official campaigns ads are great, and I'm not saying that the grassroots ads are needed.

personally, I think those ads are more for supporters than undecideds. They generally seem to have a fanboy vibe. The campaign uses focus groups and comes up with ads that are targeted directly to specific audiences.

bluesc
12-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Looks like the Drudging of this ad was successful, unfortunately Romney's new web ad is above it.

Birdlady
12-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Not as hard hitting, but I liked it. The information within the ad is important to get out. People really do forget what Newt has done over the years. I remember as a kid, my mom would shout at the TV any time Newt Gingrinch came on during the 90's. :p Republicans really shouldn't like him at all...

V3n
12-12-2011, 11:40 AM
I liked it.

It reminded me of this:
http://blogs.e-rockford.com/willpfeifer/files/2011/08/starshiptroopers2.jpg

jmdrake
12-12-2011, 11:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRdqGKA782A

Awesome ad! +rep. I was about to Facebook it then I noticed that the YouTube is unlisted. Is this a gun they are holding back for the moment?

FSP-Rebel
12-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Prepare for trolling on the comment section via neos descending from Drudge. I've already diffused one.

hammy
12-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Take out the clip of Newt saying he's a "perpetual insider" and throw it in serial hypocrisy. What a devastating line.

Birdlady
12-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Take out the clip of Newt saying he's a "perpetual insider" and throw it in serial hypocrisy. What a devastating line.

Yes that's the best clip out of the whole ad.

affa
12-12-2011, 12:42 PM
I liked this ad. I even liked the minority report beginning. We're going in knowing it's a Ron Paul ad, and have a ton of expectations. The minority report style lead in warms up the person that isn't us. Gets them ready for some hi-tech truth. Perfect? Nah. But not as bad as some of you seem to think, in my opinion.

I also notice many of you want a different ad; just remember, that this ad was made doesn't mean we won't get more ads. This was, overall, a pretty simple ad. I'm sure they have more in the works. Right now Ron Paul's main task (along with Romney, really) is to score a critical hit on Newt's already shaky base. Remind voters of their previous dislike for Newt, remind them he's not trustworthy. That's key, because his base will crumble.

There are still several weeks to the primary, and this is all timed quite well. Keeping the media focused on 'can we trust Newt' is good. I mean, seriously, most people will realize (either slowly, or immediately) that if you even have to ask that question, the answer is no.

PauliticsPolitics
12-12-2011, 12:46 PM
I like the ad.
Jack Bauer loves this ad.

NorfolkPCSolutions
12-12-2011, 12:51 PM
My goodness! I had no idea this was coming - discovered it via Drudge! Just imagine how many folks are even more "out of the loop" than I, despite every effort on my part to keep myself seated in the very middle of said loop.

Just imagine the effectiveness of this approach; more specifically, just imagine how awesome it is that the Ron Paul campaign is taking its inspiration from us here on teh intarwebz LOL!

But seriously, hell yeah, Dr. Paul. <clapclapclapclap> Thanks for doing the heavy lifting. Glad to be of service!

To arms, to arms, my fellow Patriots - politely spread this and all the others via email like wildfire...and throughout Christmastime, we just might, God willing, cross the Delaware under cover of night (with the good Dr. playing the role of Mr. Washington) only to discover Iowa! :-)

NorfolkPCSolutions
12-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Oh - I forgot to mention...

Great ad. I liked it very much.

tremendoustie
12-12-2011, 01:03 PM
You know, I just watched this again, and liked it a lot more the second time.

ShaneEnochs
12-12-2011, 01:10 PM
http://libertysolutions.org/2011/12/12/ron-pauls-high-tech-ad/

SpiritOf1776_J4
12-12-2011, 01:10 PM
So now you know why Newt Gingrich has 86 ethics violations.

Follow the money.

ShaneEnochs
12-12-2011, 01:11 PM
You know, I just watched this again, and liked it a lot more the second time.

Yeah, I agree. I've watched it probably about eight times, and the more I watch it, the more I like it. I didn't like the Big Dog ad the first time either.

Paul Fan
12-12-2011, 01:18 PM
I like it. The futuristic graphics emphasize how Newt is from the past.

speciallyblend
12-12-2011, 01:28 PM
i likey, spread afar!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cShYbLkhBc<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cShYbLkhBc">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cShYbLkhBc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cShYbLkhBc)

AmberH
12-12-2011, 01:30 PM
I didn't like Big Dog either. His earlier ads were all better.

I didn't care for Big Dog, but my husband and his friends are still talking about it. They love it and they have been quoting it.

IndianaPolitico
12-12-2011, 03:18 PM
I didn't care for Big Dog, but my husband and his friends are still talking about it. They love it and they have been quoting it.
Great to hear! Sounds like that ad is working! I must admit, I quote it now and then as well. What is hilarious, is our family has a Shi Tzu...

ams5995
12-12-2011, 03:32 PM
i actually think this shows newt being more of a hypocrite than the first one did. i do like this one better, but not sure i like the way the girl's back is turned towards the audience.

Muwahid
12-12-2011, 03:34 PM
I think the content of this ad hits Newt harder than the first. The high-tec feel though puts me off.

thehungarian
12-12-2011, 03:37 PM
I like it. This is some hard hitting shit.

tempest
12-12-2011, 03:49 PM
EXCELLENT ad. Loved how it started off showing a voter actually looking at the candidates' records. RP does not even have to put forth the claims about Newt's corruption and anti-conservative, globalist agenda. Newt does it himself so well.That should have been repeated. This add needed a recurring narrative that gets mentioned repetitively. For example since the narrative is Gingrich's record, some grapics-slogan involving the word "record" needs to appear on screen lots of times... for example "Newt's Record" or "Gingrich track record #1" "...#2" etc. You need a theme that should hammered more than once in such ads. Huntsman for example used a flipping toy-monkey in his anti-Romney attack ad. That's better than just flashing a laundry list of Newt's evil acts on the screen .

evilfunnystuff
12-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Would have been nice to get something along the lines of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1RKPfMqGOg

opinionatedfool
12-12-2011, 04:10 PM
meh, it's a decent ad, but I'd say slightly not as good as the previous serial hypocrisy ad. I think it's got a too much "mission impossible" going on.

I'm not sure what this ad does that the previous one didn't though, but if he wants just a variation of the previous ad to attack Gingrich I guess it's ok.

They obviously have some marketing experts on the team. The reason being they want to reduce perceptual blocking that occurs if people see the same ad more than once. if people saw the first one and liked it, there interests will be peaked when the other ad plays. This will enhance the stickiness factor of the message. The general marketing rule of thumb is that a person needs to encode a message at least three times before its stored in long term memory with a high percentage rate. If perceptual blocking happens, a person can see the message, but not actually percieve the message.

AggieforPaul
12-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Now Romney needs to put out some tough attack ads to knock Newt down. Paul and Romney can make a gentleman's agreement not to attack each other ahead of New Hampshire. Paul takes Iowa, romney takes NH and then hopefully its a 2 man race from there.

opinionatedfool
12-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Let's make sure to pledge for the 16th! Its not too far away...

rp713
12-12-2011, 07:12 PM
i liked it. though they shouldnt have used some of the same material from the last ad. he's the only one putting out creative ads. using cgi and what not. great ad. its 100x better than "he's catchin on!" stop complaining, the campaign knows what its doing.

danbeaulieu
12-12-2011, 07:53 PM
like this ad a lot...

Feelgood
12-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Hardcore. Eviscerating! I love it!

Feelgood
12-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Ok, this is what I would like to see. A video with Gingrich and all his globalist crap, with Hannity pimping Gingrich of late, and throw in a mix of Hannity crying to RP about not being a statist. Go through this several times with different clips, each time showing Gingrich being a statist, Hannity pimping him, and then yet another clip of Hannity crying about being called a statist.

THAT would totally make my millennium!!!

PatriotOne
12-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Dang. I thought this was awesome. If I didn't already know about Gingrich, I sure would have done a double take seeing this ad.

milo10
12-13-2011, 01:32 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Med926aDBoc&feature=youtu.be

This one wasn't bad

That is a killer ad. They should run something very much like this in the general.

milo10
12-13-2011, 01:37 AM
I actually think the new ad is better for independents.

The original ad showed clips of Rush Limbaugh, brought up Paul Ryan, and some other stuff that was not directly about corruption. This one assumes less ideological agreement, but focuses almost entirely on Newt profiting from his political position.

Nice work! The two ads complement each other well.

Aratus
12-13-2011, 02:24 AM
milo10 is correct. it cuts to the quick.

Dianne
12-13-2011, 02:49 AM
I like this one better than the first one. This really hits hard !!

speciallyblend
12-13-2011, 07:32 AM
They obviously have some marketing experts on the team. The reason being they want to reduce perceptual blocking that occurs if people see the same ad more than once. if people saw the first one and liked it, there interests will be peaked when the other ad plays. This will enhance the stickiness factor of the message. The general marketing rule of thumb is that a person needs to encode a message at least three times before its stored in long term memory with a high percentage rate. If perceptual blocking happens, a person can see the message, but not actually percieve the message.

yep and the way i look at it. Is if a ron paul supporter doesn't like the ad ? Then it hit the right demographic;) These ads are not being put together for our entertainment;) They must be spot on if a die hard ron paul supporter doesn't like it;):) I like all the ads this campaign and i even like hes catching on;) which was ahead of its time and still applies;) He's Catching on I'm tellin ya;)

Jani
12-13-2011, 08:02 AM
Flicked on the TV this AM while getting ready for work, CBS Early Show (of all networks) was doing a piece about republican candidates, mostly pitching Newt Romney, but at the tail end they did give RP a few sentences and did show the last 7 - 10 seconds of this video.

For liberty,

Jani

FlatIron
12-13-2011, 08:18 AM
I dont think it will be effective. 1 web ad is enough. 2 attack web ads, in my opinion, will cause blowback

Carole
12-13-2011, 08:20 AM
Love this ad. Hard-hitting.

nobody's_hero
12-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Eh, this is sloppy.

It's definitely not as hard-hitting as the first ad, and, let me say, that charging ludicrous amounts for giving speeches is *not* unethical. It might be dumb to pay $60k to hear Newt speak, but it's not shady. The campaign seems to be grasping at straws, when the big juicy hay field is all around them. Heck, Newt's own words, even when taken in-context (which this ad did NOT do), should be enough to ruin him.

The ad-makers need to focus strictly on Newt's involvement in the housing bubble, ties to Fannie and Freddie's giving of tax-dollars to Newt, the fact that Newt doesn't understand the business cycle, etc. I don't mind the attack ads, heck I've changed my mind on that this time around and I'm actually glad to see Ron Paul finally 'rolling up his sleeves', but let's stick to Newt's *obvious* flaws, and leave the *probable* ethical concerns out of it. Otherwise it comes across as desperation.

I hope this one stays on the web, because it definitely doesn't need to be on T.V.

donnay
12-13-2011, 10:29 AM
This ad is great. It nicely and succinctly lays it out that Newt is more of the same. He made $675,000 as a speaker of the house, imagine what his net-worth would be as President! To think Ron Paul would be willing to take $39,000 as President and cut a Trillion dollars his first year! That is the point we need to drive home to the people as well!!

Newt is an invented Con-servative.

Snowball
12-13-2011, 04:44 PM
The ad would be better without the background music, which distracts attention.

Snowball
12-13-2011, 04:44 PM
9/11 Links, Big Money Swirl Around Newt
submitted by pfgetty on fri, 03/25/2011 - 9:21pm
CFR IEDCO Larry Silverstein Michael Collins Piper Newt Gingrich
9-11 Links, Big Money Swirl Around Newt

http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/9-11_links_newt_262.html

By Michael Collins Piper

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich—who left office under a cloud in 1999—has pivotal political backing in elite global financial and corporate circles and can count on friendly support from the controlled media in pursuing his aspirations for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.

Despite his efforts to portray himself as a “conservative” alternative to politics-as-usual, Gingrich is an unabashed New World Order internationalist and a long-standing advocate of destructive “free trade” policies and American military adventurism abroad.

As such, it is no coincidence Gingrich is a longtime member of the Rockefeller family-financed Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), the New York-based affiliate of the Royal Institute of International Affairs, the policy-making apparatus of the global empire of the Rothschild banking dynasty that is intricately intertwined with those predatory plutocrats on American soil who dominate the unconstitutional Federal Reserve System, the privately owned money monopoly Ron Paul has worked to bring into line. These facts about Gingrich point to where his real loyalties lie.

DIRTY MONEY

On Feb. 26 The Washington Post reported Gingrich has assembled a multi-level, wide-ranging political conglomerate of his own, described as “a financial empire that could prove crucial” in advancing Gingrich’s presidential ambitions. He has already raised more money than possible GOP primary opponents including Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney.

In addition, Gingrich controls an operation known as American Solutions for Winning the Future—a virtual private money machine that Gingrich uses to promote himself. The Post says this Gingrich venture has raised “more money than any other organization of its kind nationwide,” to the tune of more than $50 million, “much of it as large donations from casino, energy and banking interests.”

By far the most generous backer of Gingrich is Las Vegas-based casino tycoon Sheldon Adelson—a hardline supporter of Israel who once described himself as “the richest Jew in the world.” Adelson has given Gingrich some $6 million over the last four years.

Gingrich also has an unusual connection to Larry Silverstein, a controversial figure whose name has been in the forefront of the circumstances surrounding the cover-up of the 9-11 terrorist tragedy.

While in Congress,

Gingrich benefited from the lucrative Israeli-connected activities of his then-second wife, Marianne, who was on the payroll of the Israel Export Development Company (IEDCO), which promoted the importation into the United States of Israeli products—even as Gingrich was using his influence as a member of Congress to advance U.S.-Israeli trade.

The aforementioned IEDCO was an operation run by mob-connected Silverstein, the billionaire owner of the World Trade Center towers at the time of the 9-11 tragedy, best known for his now infamous urging—“pull it”—in reference to the Trade Center’s Building 7. That skyscraper was deliberately imploded, a point 9-11 researchers have documented relentlessly.

Mrs. Gingrich’s lucrative deal with IEDCO was cut in August 1994 after she and her husband traveled to Israel at the expense of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, a lobby for Israel. Although Mrs. Gingrich took home a monthly salary of $2,500, plus “commissions,” she refused to disclose the size of those “commissions.”

And while Mrs. Gingrich responded to criticisms of her sweet deal that “If I were going to get a political payoff, it would not be for the amount of money I am making,” the fact is that the sums she received are precisely of the level often seen linked to political payoffs.

IEDCO’s Silverstein once even admitted to The Wall Street Journal that Gingrich was one of a number of members of Congress who was lobbied to support Silverstein’s company’s proposals—when his wife was on Silverstein’s payroll.

INTERNATIONALIST AT HEART

Going back as far as 25 years, evidence was emerging that suggested that Gingrich was not the kind of Republican that could be considered “traditional.” A front-page exclusive published in the Jan. 28, 1985 issue of The Spotlight revealed that, while he was then a little-known junior member of the House of Representatives, Gingrich was the brains behind a clique of internationalist Republicans who were working to scrap the GOP’s historic nationalist stance in foreign policy making. Unfortunately, this honest effort to expose Gingrich’s internationalist bent was greeted with a mixture of outrage and scorn by many conservatives, who were hoodwinked by the mainstream media into following the Georgia congressman’s peculiar brand of “leadership.” Gingrich and his fellow GOP lawmakers dubbed themselves the Conservative Opportunity Society (COS).

The Spotlight revealed that Gingrich, along with several other House
Republicans, including Reps. Vin Weber (Minn.), Connie Mack (Fla.), and Robert Walker (Pa.), had attended a secret meeting with Donald Graham, publisher of The Washington Post, and Meg Greenfield, the Post’s editorial page editor. At that meeting Gingrich and his colleagues effectively agreed to work to revamp the so-called “conservative wing” of the Republican Party and use their influence to push the GOP into the internationalist camp.

In return, the liberal Post’s power-wielders agreed to give Gingrich and his colleagues widespread favorable publicity in the pages of their influential daily. Until that time Gingrich and company had been relegated to “backbench” status by the media, sometimes painted as “extremists” and “troublemakers.”

Gingrich and his colleagues told the Post that they would come out swinging in favor of economic sanctions against the anti-communist, pro-American regime in South Africa. This was a 180-degree reversal of the traditional “conservative” stand in support of South Africa and in opposition to sanctions. In no short time they did, in fact, call for sanctions, causing syndicated columnist Pat Buchanan to comment that Gingrich and company were “turncoat[s]” who were guilty of “stabbing South Africa in the back.”

By adopting the new position, Gingrich and his COS clique had signed on with the liberal internationalists in Congress who had been waging war against South Africa for decades. Soon—as promised—The Washington Post published a laudatory profile of Gingrich. This set the stage for many future such puff-pieces promoting Gingrich and placing him in line for his ultimate election as House minority whip and then as House speaker. Then, to the outrage of nationalist-minded Republicans,

Gingrich’s COS colleague, Weber, authored a prominently placed op-ed column in the Post (never permitted as a forum for GOP conservatives) which called upon the GOP to become “America’s new internationalist party.” Ultimately, The Spotlight’s world exclusive on the secret meeting between Gingrich and the Post was confirmed by the Post itself—but only after Gingrich had reached a position of influence. In short, The Spotlight’s “conspiracy theory”—as some called it—proved to be a fact.

None of this surprised long-time Gingrich watchers. In 1968 when then-California Gov. Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon were vying for “conservative” support in their respective bids for the GOP presidential nomination, Gingrich opted instead to sign on as the southeast regional coordinator for their opponent, New York Gov. Nelson Rockefeller. Later, Gingrich taught at the Rockefeller-funded Emory University in Atlanta.

What he represents is reflected in the critical role played by Gingrich in railroading the sovereignty-robbing, job-exporting North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) through Congress. He rallied enough GOP votes to enable enactment, a major victory for fellow CFR-member, then-President Bill Clinton. Gingrich, in fact, was almost single-handedly responsible for ensuring NAFTA’s passage.

On Sept. 3, 1995 The Washington Post assured its readers that Gingrich was “okay” despite criticism of Gingrich by some liberal critics. The Post rushed to this defense and pointed out in a headline that “For the ultraright,
Gingrich is just a tool of the world government plot.” The Post said that “anyone who glances at The Spotlight, the weekly newspaper of the far-right Liberty Lobby . . . knows that . . . Gingrich is hardly the leader of their movement; in their eyes, he is actively working to subvert it.”

However, the Post was careful not to mention that it was The Spotlight that first blew the whistle on the secret deal between Gingrich and the Post. According to the sarcastic and less than factual commentary by the Post, “Those with a paranoid bent are convinced that the Georgian is in cahoots with President Clinton, the Rockefellers, the Freemasons, the Council on Foreign Relations and the entire Eastern Establishment to abrogate the Constitution and forge a New World Order under the thumb of Jewish central bankers and the United Nations.”

The Post smeared patriots, saying: “It is important for national opinion-makers to understand the chasm between most House Republicans and the loony right. Gingrich and his GOP revolution may be controversial and provocative, but they are not the source of violent extremism.”

GINGRICH THE CENTRIST

Another point to keep in mind: As AFP has reported exclusively, there is evidence Gingrich may be cooperating with a high-level scheme to launch an ostensibly “independent” political movement in the 2012 election, a so-called “centrist” third party that will be used to corral grassroots opposition to the New World Order establishment.

So even if Gingrich does not ultimately wind up as the GOP presidential nominee, he may have other options in the 2012 election arena.

A journalist specializing in media critique, Michael Collins Piper is the author of The High Priests of War, The New Jerusalem, Dirty Secrets, The Judas Goats, The Golem, Target Traficant and My First Days in the White House All are available from AFP.

Tina
12-14-2011, 02:34 PM
BrasscheckTV is running this ad with the following blurb:

Here are the facts...

NEWT GINGRICH:

- Voted to create the Department of Education
- Supports global warming & cap & trade
- Advocates mandatory drug testing for all Americans to stop drug abuse
- Member of the CFR, whose stated goal is one world government
- As speaker, he supported foreign aid & refused to cut it by 1%
- He forced a vote by a lame duck congress to expand the powers of GATT

Wait...
What party nomination is he running for?

BrasscheckTV (http://www.brasschecktv.com/videos/campaign-2012/newt-gingrich-selling-access-.html)