PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry: Ron Paul got me interested in the Federal Reserve

bobbyw24
12-12-2011, 06:46 AM
DES MOINES, Iowa — Asked to compliment a rival, Texas Gov. Rick Perry said on Saturday night that Ron Paul is the reason he started reading up on the Federal Reserve.

“Congressman Paul is the individual on the stage that got me most interested in a subject that I found to be quite interesting and at the root of a lot of the problems that we have, and I thank you for that,” Perry said at the debate.

Perry said he’s “really intrigued” with the Federal Reserve and he’s now “spent a substantial amount of time” reading about it.

Paul has called for ending the Fed.

“There is no greater threat to the security and prosperity of the United States today than the out-of-control, secretive Federal Reserve,” his website states.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/12/11/perry-ron-paul-got-me-interested-in-the-federal-reserve/#ixzz1gK9toCU2

Bern
12-12-2011, 06:48 AM
Yeah, but he also said that he was reading Rickards' book Currency Wars. Does anyone really believe that he is reading a book?

Seraphim
12-12-2011, 06:49 AM
Yeah I believe him. I doubt he understands much of it though. LOL.

Yeah, but he also said that he was reading Rickards' book Currency Wars. Does anyone really believe that he is reading a book?

123tim
12-12-2011, 08:07 AM
I don't think that he's stupid just because he's not eloquent.
Now he's obviously thinking. He may be a great asset someday.

And isn't it awesome that the obvious rival to pay a complement to would be Ron Paul? Who else?

Simple
12-12-2011, 08:13 AM
He said he spent a lot of time studying then he mentioned only one book so I'm thinking he just read the one book, lol :rolleyes:

MikeStanart
12-12-2011, 08:16 AM
Don't let him fool you, folks. He's a life-time politician. He knows our movement is growing and is merely trying to gain favor.

Bruno
12-12-2011, 08:17 AM
He needs to read The Creature from Jekyl Island.

But it was a great moment in debate history. :)

trey4sports
12-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Considering there are no pictures in the book I doubt he understood any of it.

Bern
12-12-2011, 08:21 AM
I don't think that he's stupid just because he's not eloquent.

There is much, much more. The "oops" moment in a previous debate (where he could not remember the cornerstones of 'his' plan) is just scratching the surface.

Don't let him fool you, folks. He's a life-time politician. He knows our movement is growing and is merely trying to gain favor.

Yep.

InTradePro
12-12-2011, 08:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biy_EdGW1Fg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biy_EdGW1Fg

Athan
12-12-2011, 10:27 AM

Aww, it is encouraging. You don't learn about the fed in one sitting so being dismissive is actually something none of us should partake in on this.

PaulConventionWV
12-12-2011, 11:42 AM
There is much, much more. The "oops" moment in a previous debate (where he could not remember the cornerstones of 'his' plan) is just scratching the surface.

Yep.

The man isn't stupid by any means. It's a myth that people like George Bush are stupid simply because they lack eloquence and sometimes forget things. Making fun of them just reinforces the idea that they're idiots who can't do anything right. In fact, it's not the fact that they are too stupid to get it. It's that they're fighting for the other side. They don't want real solutions, so they're playing the American public for favor. I don't know just how smart they are, but acting like they belong in special ed is really just over the top and annoying sometimes. Be reasonable.

Jingles
12-12-2011, 11:50 AM
I like that he said this because it points out how we are guiding the views of the Republican party. It points out that Ron Paul is the intellectual leader of the Republican party.

Rothbardian Girl
12-12-2011, 11:55 AM
He's not stupid, and he is just a politician pandering for some votes. Don't be fooled. He's playing heavily off his aw-shucks image, and who knows, it may actually gain him some votes. I know I was fooled for about five minutes, and then I thought about it.

Hopefully, it will convince some voters who haven't thought about what I just mentioned about the viability of Ron Paul's positions if nothing else.

Philhelm
12-12-2011, 01:13 PM
The important thing is that Ron Paul was the only candidate during the debate to get mentioned by two opponents as having taught them something. That says a lot. Granted, I'm sure there was a lot of calculation involved.

PastaRocket848
12-12-2011, 01:29 PM
rick perry is not stupid. he is terrible at public speaking and gets flustered easily (remind you of anyone?), but he isn't stupid.

xFiFtyOnE
12-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Don't bash Perry because Paul taught him about the Fed. Paul taught MOST of us here about the Fed. Just because Perry is a politician doesn't mean he can't learn. :P