PDA

View Full Version : If you notice, you will find they will always ask Ron certain question in the mainstream m

Delivered4000
12-12-2011, 05:53 AM
media

"Do you plan to make a third party run?"

This is a ploy to paint him as not belonging to the Republican party and trying to alienate him from the Republican voter base.

There are other questions that are like that, maybe you all have noticed any other ones?

asurfaholic
12-12-2011, 06:03 AM
Well to be fair he ran as a libertarian once before.

Delivered4000
12-12-2011, 07:13 AM
Well to be fair he ran as a libertarian once before.

The point is, they try to emphasize his third partiness in EVERY interview

Simple
12-12-2011, 08:06 AM
This is true. They are trying to imply that voters would be throwing away their vote by supporting Ron Paul.

tbone717
12-12-2011, 08:26 AM
I don't have an issue with the question. They have asked that very same question to others in Paul's position in the past, and there is historical precedent for them to so. (Anderson in 1980).

Personally, I think the best answer he could give to this question would be: I have no intentions of running as a third party candidate at this time. I have a realistic and serious chance of winning this nomination. However, if for some reason I do not win, I would imagine that a large percentage of my base would vote for a third party candidate since the other GOP candidates contending for the nomination represent the status quo and offer little difference in policy from the current administration. I represent a change of course from the status quo, and those that support my candidacy are looking for that change.

musicmax
12-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Yes they do ask that and Ron STILL hasn't come up with a satisfactory answer for it and it REALLY pisses me off ($2000 donor in 2008 who has given ZERO this time around PRECISELY because he REFUSES to answer this question).

Listen up RP, you want some of my cash? Say THIS:

"Let me ask you David/Wolf/Bob/Megyn: Why don't you ever ask that question of any other candidate? I'll tell you: because they don't have the level of support that I do. And because I have a level of support that no other Republican candidate has, my plan is to win the Republican nomination and the polls showing me in the top tier of candidates validates my plan to win as a Republican. Now if you'll promise me that you'll ask Newt Romney that question, I'll let you ask it of me as well. Until then, understand that I am running to win the Republican nomination and the presidency."

Tod
12-12-2011, 08:42 AM
This is true. They are trying to imply that voters would be throwing away their vote by supporting Ron Paul.

True dat!

Tod
12-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Yes they do ask that and Ron STILL hasn't come up with a satisfactory answer for it and it REALLY pisses me off ($2000 donor in 2008 who has given ZERO this time around PRECISELY because he REFUSES to answer this question).

Listen up RP, you want some of my cash? Say THIS:

"Let me ask you David/Wolf/Bob/Megyn: Why don't you ever ask that question of any other candidate? I'll tell you: because they don't have the level of support that I do. And because I have a level of support that no other Republican candidate has, my plan is to win the Republican nomination and the polls showing me in the top tier of candidates validates my plan to win as a Republican. Now if you'll promise me that you'll ask Newt Romney that question, I'll let you ask it of me as well. Until then, understand that I am running to win the Republican nomination and the presidency."

Sounds pretty bogus to me. I want RP to get the Presidency, whether it is under the R or the L banner doesn't matter to me. RP has found that the R banner is the preferred route, but should he not get the nomination, he shouldn't be forced to sit out just because he promised he would. I'd rather he didn't make the promise than break it to stay in the race.

1stAmendguy
12-12-2011, 08:55 AM
Gov. Rick Perry, do you plan to run for the Democratic party nomination?

V3n
12-12-2011, 11:44 AM
I know why they keep asking him, they want to marginalize him, and if he ever does say "Absolutely not!" they each want to be the one host that gets him to say it.

So I understand why they keep asking, I just don't know why he answers the way he does. The man is a genius, and understands politics, he must have some reason to say what he is the way he is. Unless he's just sort of trolling them now, and doesn't want to give them the satisfaction of being the one who got him to say absolutely no.

aclove
12-12-2011, 11:51 AM
The reason he never denies it absolutely is this: as long as he leaves the door open a crack, it's an implicit threat aimed straight at the RNC and Republican establishment. As long as that threat is hanging out there, he has leverage with the others, or at least he's perceived to have leverage. He knows that the moment they aren't worried about him running third party, they'll think they can safely ignore us and that we'll get in line like good Republicans.

Of course, we won't. Ron knows this, but the other don't, and Ron knows they don't, so this is part of the game he has to play with them to force them to take him and his positions seriously.

unknown
12-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Its literally a concerted effort. Its a propaganda matrix not news organizations.

JamesButabi
12-12-2011, 12:14 PM
This is usually packaged with a ....."who will you endorse in the Republican party?" It is absolutely deliberate.

EBounding
12-12-2011, 12:42 PM
Should he just flat out say "NO" and then deal with it later if he does actually goes 3rd party?

Ekrub
12-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Should he just flat out say "NO" and then deal with it later if he does actually goes 3rd party?

I think the line of reasoning isn't that he'll go third party (he wont) but the msm will be in full on attack mode if he rules it out. He has leverage over them if he dangles it out there and they have to treat him with some respect.

DanielF17
12-12-2011, 02:00 PM
I noticed this. It really annoys me. A few weeks ago they were asking Ron about his thoughts on Herman Cain when Cain was the "frontrunner" and now they ask him about Newt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS1Bz0UGIak

Delivered4000
12-12-2011, 02:04 PM
This is usually packaged with a ....."who will you endorse in the Republican party?" It is absolutely deliberate.

YES, that's the other one

Delivered4000
12-12-2011, 02:05 PM

No, he shouldn't. The threat of 3rd party run gives him leverage over the RNC as aclove mentioned earlier in this thread(assuming R's and D's are actually competing)