PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for BoRs Day site?

jgmaynard
11-07-2007, 04:31 PM
OK! Looks like the cats are herding!!! :)

So if we go with the two day, three-site activism/fundraising plan, let's brainstorm some ideas here for the BoRD site (I volunteered a couple days ago to do the BoRD site):

I'll go first: I had a dream last night about the site, and I dreamt it had a flash animation that showed the Bill of Rights in full color when someone volunteered (close enough ;) ), and would go to grayscale as time went on until someone else volunteered.

What other ideas are there? Spit 'em out!

JM

JustAnotherV
11-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Maybe there could be a similar pledge/email address type deal with people saying they will attend/go out in certain areas, and/or links to group activities.

examples:
- a gerneal list of anyone planning to get out wiht signs, to a rally, etc.
- links to Ron Paul groups at Meetup.com which are going to participate (they handle their own groups individually)
- specifically targeted publicity/rally sites which are likely to get the most attention on that day, public areas, holiday traffic areas, etc., including an emphasis on early primary states

jgmaynard
11-07-2007, 09:00 PM
I think that is exactly what we are looking at... :)

JM

Brian Bailey
11-07-2007, 09:05 PM
A live counter for the volunteers that shared some vague aspects of the counter on the official page would be phenomenal.

Thanks for bringing this topic up.

OK! Looks like the cats are herding!!! :)

So if we go with the two day, three-site activism/fundraising plan, let's brainstorm some ideas here for the BoRD site (I volunteered a couple days ago to do the BoRD site):

I'll go first: I had a dream last night about the site, and I dreamt it had a flash animation that showed the Bill of Rights in full color when someone volunteered (close enough ;) ), and would go to grayscale as time went on until someone else volunteered.

What other ideas are there? Spit 'em out!

JM

FreeTraveler
11-07-2007, 09:09 PM
The BoR should be featured on the page, and perhaps a few PDFs that can be handed out, maybe one with the BoR on one side and RP contact info on the other as a start. Also, some background on the BoR and the fact that several states refused to adopt the Constitution until the BoR was added, to protect the rights of the Individual and the States.

Gimme Some Truth
11-07-2007, 09:10 PM
A small chat window for immediate communication and requests?
A way to know how many people are gonna be taking part? (i dont fancy trawling thro meetup to find out)
Access to printable banners etc for signs ?

Keep in mind not everyone will want to join meetup groups. It would be advantageous to help people ,who will be doin stuff on their own, as much as possible

jgmaynard
11-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I like a LOT of these ideas! You people are thinking!

It's brainstorming time kids!!!

JM

FreeTraveler
11-07-2007, 09:45 PM
The official BoR site at the National Archives (http://www.archives.gov/national-archives-experience/charters/bill_of_rights.html) has lots of background information. We can borrow liberally from that site for the background information.