PDA

View Full Version : Forget everything else.. This is how to REALLY make this the biggest moneybomb ever.

Esoteric
12-12-2011, 01:59 AM
Social fundraising. Our campaign has done ZERO on this front. Herman Cain used this strategy just a few weeks ago, and raised over $1 million in 3 days in an online moneybomb. If Herman Cain can utilize social fundraising and have a successful moneybomb, Imagine how we could benefit.

I've built a sample here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ron-Paul-for-President-2012-Test/259052557482211?sk=app_118336218263641

Simply, here is what is needed:

1) A "donate" tab (page) on Ron's official facebook page. This page could (and should) be the first page that people see when they visit Ron's facebook on the day of the moneybomb. Most other candidates have this implemented on their facebook pages. I'm not sure why we've dropped the ball here.

2) Allow donors to post a story to their Facebook newsfeed after they donate, ie. "John Smith just donated to the Tea Party Moneybomb for the Ron Paul Presidential Campaign! What have YOU done for liberty today? Donate Here!"

This will create an ENORMOUS amount of buzz for the moneybomb on Facebook, and reach exponentially more individuals than our moneybombs have reached in the past. Not only does this expand the moneybomb's reach, but it also gives people more encouragement to donate.

The sample page that i've linked to above utilizes a 3rd party platform, which takes a pretty standard Credit Card processing fee of 3.5% and charges a $499 monthly fee, but if the campaign wants to use an in-house solution, which uses the payment processing that they already have in place, I would be able to design this as well, for free, as a donation to the campagin. The only problem is, I need to know if the campaign would utilize it!

Problem: From what I've heard, some of the decision-makers in the campaign may not be familiar with facebook / social media.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who sees that we are painfully dropping the ball here.

If you support this idea, please post your support, and if you have the contact info of anyone in the campaign, please post it and/or send them a link to this thread.

Also, if anyone has suggestions as to how we can get in contact with the right people and get this implemented, PLEASE post your input. I think there is an agreement, at least among the people I've spoke with, that this is absolutely crucial. I have no idea why we haven't implemented at least some form of this a LONG time ago. Thanks!

PS - Does anyone know who developed the campaign's website?

dolphin
12-12-2011, 02:13 AM
My thinking is that unless this is officially authorized by the campaign staff which would obviously include mass e-mailing the details to everyone and using the Campaigns donation account you can't do anything.

There are legal aspects to campaign contributions to consider.

I recollect a phone number to call the Campaign HQ voice listed somewhere within the "Phone From Home" instructions.

See if you can find that number, or you could just call the Texas Congressional Office and inquire as to who best to speak with about it.

Consider though that for all intensive purposes we already use Facebook for the money bombs to at least get the word out.

Oddone
12-12-2011, 02:17 AM
"I support this." Now who can we get in touch with in the campaign to make it happen? This should have been done months ago. Other campaigns have it right when you enter their Facebook page.

Esoteric
My thinking is that unless this is officially authorized by the campaign staff which would obviously include mass e-mailing the details to everyone you can't do anything.

There are legal aspects to campaign contributions to consider.

I recollect a phone number to call the Campaign HQ voice listed somewhere within the "Phone From Home" instructions.

See if you can find that number and just call in and inquire as to who best to speak with about it.

As far as the contribution is concerned, as long as it is valued under 2500, then it can be given as an in-kind donation to the campaign.

I'm putting this out there in hopes that someone can put me in touch with who I need to be in touch with. We don't have much time.

WD-NY
Couldn't agree more... I posted the below messages (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?336511-OFFICIAL-CAMPAIGNS-PLEDGE-FOR-DEC-16th!!!!&p=3835010&viewfull=1#post3835010) in another Tea Party Money Bomb thread... so far, nada...

You're actually taking it one step further...

No one, myself included is going to make a big fuss if the campaign acknowledges the idea and says "no, not for us"... but radio silence = FAIL.

I'm really getting frustrated by the campaign's non-communication with the grassroots. All we're/I'm asking is for them to acknowledge that the idea has been heard and that they are either working on it or not working on it (and if working on it, what the eta is).

We're busting our butts for them. It's the LEAST they can do imo.

I know I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but why doesn't their pledge form have a "share your pledge on facebook" and "share your pledge on twitter" button???

Seriously, this is beginning to go beyond the absurd. This isn't advanced 'social media marketing'. This is, literally, level 101.

COME ON JOHN TATE!!!!!!! WE NEED SOME HELP MAN.

Topping again in hopes that someone (anyone) can at least let me/us know that some of our requests regarding promotion of the tea party money bomb have been delivered to whoever heads up web promotion in the campaign and/or has the ability to update the landing page.

If they're going to send out an email that says:
"If we don't have a big day on December 16, we'll have to cut back."
...then they need to at least add the ability to share one's pledge on facebook/twitter on the post-pledge thank you page.

AlexG
12-12-2011, 02:25 AM
This has been suggested many times to the campaign, I'm not sure why they havn't taken it up. It's not hard to set up a donation tab or even a welcome tab like other candidates have. It's all about using social media in their benefit. For so long we, the grassroots, have mastered social media but the campaign refuses to catch up.

dolphin
12-12-2011, 02:27 AM
An alternative would be to do a private fundraising seperate from the official campaign, but to do that you would have to get through the natural distrust factor people would have in not knowing for sure if it was on the up and up.

I have seen numerous private projects funded. The Airplane that was contracted for Florida for instance.

The only way to get through the distrust factor that I can think of would be to have someone everyone already knows and who most people would trust be the one in charge of receiving the funds. The first and only person I can personally think of that might fit that bill would be the guy that runs the Daily Paul.

You might try running the idea by him. I suggest him because he actually has the face recognition from a great deal of media that has been used in the past as well as a well respected history and track record to include publicized in person visits with Ron Paul.

CableNewsJunkie
12-12-2011, 02:33 AM
Another option would be to turn the Phone-From-Home program into a fundraising program for JUST THE DAY OF DECEMBER 16TH. We could call known supporters / donors on Ron's nationwide contact list with a new script tailored for just this purpose.

Esoteric
12-12-2011, 02:41 AM
An alternative would be to do a private fundraising seperate from the official campaign, but to do that you would have to get through the natural distrust factor people would have in not knowing for sure if it was on the up and up.

I have seen numerous private projects funded. The Airplane that was contracted for Florida for instance.

The only way to get through the distrust factor that I can think of would be to have someone everyone already knows and who most people would trust be the one in charge of receiving the funds. The first and only person I can personally think of that might fit that bill would be the guy that runs the Daily Paul.

You might try running the idea by him. I suggest him because he actually has the face recognition from a great deal of media that has been used in the past as well as a well respected history and track record to include publicized in person visits with Ron Paul.

Very interesting idea. Maybe we could have RevPac act as "bundlers" for the campaign, and set up a "tea party '11 moneybomb" facebook page where people could donate so they can share it on facebook and make it viral that way.

gerryb
12-12-2011, 02:59 AM
sent you a pm

gerryb
12-12-2011, 03:00 AM
Very interesting idea. Maybe we could have RevPac act as "bundlers" for the campaign, and set up a "tea party '11 moneybomb" facebook page where people could donate so they can share it on facebook and make it viral that way.

It really sucks having to go through 3rd parties. I found RevPAC very frustrating to try and get in touch with to present other projects as well.

1stAmendguy
12-12-2011, 08:44 AM
I agree, whoever is the admin for Ron's official facebook needs to allow someone to place a donation tab on there Dec. 16.

Esoteric
12-12-2011, 03:22 PM
I agree, whoever is the admin for Ron's official facebook needs to allow someone to place a donation tab on there Dec. 16.

Bump. Does anyone know who developed the campaign's website?

Sentinelrv
12-12-2011, 04:09 PM
I agree with this. It's absolutely nuts that the campaign hasn't implemented these ideas themselves. The internet marketing aspect of this campaign has been a complete failure. I've tried to do what I can to help money bomb promotion without the campaign getting involved, but it would be great if they could help us out on this one. It's to their own benefit.

Is there anyone here that has contact details? Have you tried messaging Doug Wead on Facebook? Maybe he can get you in touch with the right person.

The Free Hornet
12-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Contribution question: Being maxed out, can I endorse a check from a renter and mail it in? I DO NOT want to do anything shady.

MrAustin
12-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Bump. Someone with connections needs to get the campagin together with the OP. THIS will help the moneybomb A LOT in my opinion - not to mention fundraising in general.

mport1
12-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Bump. The campaign should have been doing this sort of thing a long time ago.

Paulitics 2011
12-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Another option would be to turn the Phone-From-Home program into a fundraising program for JUST THE DAY OF DECEMBER 16TH. We could call known supporters / donors on Ron's nationwide contact list with a new script tailored for just this purpose.

I really think this idea is worth doing. Maybe we should send it to the campaign. But time is of the essence.

Kluge
12-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Bump. Does anyone know who developed the campaign's website?
Oh. Please disregard my PMs. Miscommunication. :o

Lavitz
12-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Contribution question: Being maxed out, can I endorse a check from a renter and mail it in? I DO NOT want to do anything shady.

I'm not a lawyer, but I do work for a bank, and I would definitely say no, there's no way that would work.

WD-NY
12-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Does anyone have jack hunter's email?? I'm thinking that he would at least know who to forward this to within the campaign.

For the older gents among us... if you think having a button that makes it 1-click easy to 'share you pledge/donation confirmation on facebook/twitter' = silly/trivial/not-a-big-deal, I promise you that it is not.

The facebook widget alone could add $1million to December 16th's total. 30-40,000 donors sharing/posting their donation to facebook could easily double the number of donors to the money bomb...

Bergie Bergeron
12-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Just call and e-mail them until they respond :D

qwerty
12-13-2011, 03:27 AM
THIS IS SO GREAT IDEA! WOW!

beardedlinen
12-13-2011, 07:32 AM
bump

FriedChicken
12-13-2011, 07:40 AM
The idea sound awesome.
If the campaign does it I bet there is even a few people who would find it tempting to donate again just to add to the "trending" status of this.

nayjevin
12-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Closing thread