PDA

View Full Version : Called Campaign - Debate not official

JerzieJennie
11-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Hello everyone,

Because we all heard a lot of different things from a lot of different sources, I called the National RP Campaign phone number and asked about the Fox Iowa Debates.

I asked, "Are you able to confirm that Ron Paul is definitely invited to the Iowa Debates? The message boards are going pretty crazy with speculation right now, and I'd love to be able to clarify."

His answer, not perfectly word for word, but almost " The Iowa Debate's regulations are that the candidate must be polling at 5%. However, the poll is at Fox's disgression, and no one knows to what poll they will refer, nor to what standard they will hold that poll."

"No candidate has been officially invited, to my knowledge, as they dont know how the poll is going to turn out."

What was not known was when the poll would be taken - by whom - of whom - etc. So we're up in the air.

He did express that we were close to 5% nationally at this point, and that he expected that our numbers would go up after the money bomb to make this happen.

So, thats the info from National HQ.

We can all just work hard to get the word out in the meantime.

MY ORIGINAL POST WAS THAT THE CAMPAIGN HAD URGED US NOT TO CALL IOWA GOP OR FOX, BECAUSE THEY WANT TO STAY ON GOOD TERMS WITH THE IA GOP. They mentioned this several times today.

Jennie

misconstrued
11-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the info. Time to start spamming pollsters with our phone numbers? ;)

UtahApocalypse
11-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Wow, thats what ive said all morning.

JerzieJennie
11-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Wow, thats what ive said all morning.

Hopefully this will end the confusion. :)

freelance
11-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Thanks JerzieJennie,

That's what I've been trying to let people know, along with UtahApocalypse.

Mandrik
11-07-2007, 04:47 PM
As long as our buddy Frank ain't running said poll, we'll be fine.

UtahApocalypse
11-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Bump, people need to see this one.

freelance
11-08-2007, 06:34 AM
bump

SwooshOU
11-08-2007, 06:40 AM
I'm excited to see what the latest post-November 5th poll will reveal for the good doctor.

thehittgirl
11-08-2007, 06:44 AM
bump

10thAmendmentMan
11-08-2007, 07:20 AM
This is the reason to not go nuts over unconfirmed things. Take a deep breath and reevaluate after a few days.

freelance
11-08-2007, 07:49 AM
bump

ladyliberty
11-08-2007, 07:52 AM
Is Fox conducting their own poll by any chance???? :D

ladyliberty
11-08-2007, 07:58 AM
Hannity will need to be hospitalized if Ron Paul is included in this debate. :D
The question is - does Hannity represent the views of Fox News and Rupert Murdoch or is his act just a schill to get higher ratings?

http://mparent7777-2.blogspot.com/2007/10/ron-paul-wins-another-gop-fox-debate.htm

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
11-08-2007, 08:07 AM
This is obviously a big scam. It's EITHER 5% in Iowa under ARG (look at Dr Pual's ARG numbers -- they're extrememly low comparatively; ARG's methodology is heavuly biased vs dr paul) OR whatever ational pols Fox determines.

WHy isn't an Iowa debate based on campaign performances in Iowa? Didn't Dr Paul beat McCain and Rudy in Ames despite the rigged diebold machines?

FoxNews' NYC and DC offices should also be protested all day of this debate. Let's have people out there screaming over ther crappy morning show and Brit hume etc...

SWATH
11-08-2007, 08:16 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I hope they try to exclude him! It will be the Iowa tax forum x1000. This will get him more publicity than if he actually attended the debate. I hope Fox has him polling lower than 5% because then there will be such a backlash, the media may FOR THE FIRST TIME have to address the issue of whether or not these polls are accurate. We will demand it. Then of course...egg on Fox's face.