12-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Fantastic video. Thanks for sharing.

Endthefednow
12-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Kool vid, thanks for posting :cool:

LibertyEagle
12-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Let's see.

JFK wanted to disarm America and hand over our military to the U.N.
http://www.geoffmetcalf.com/7277.html

MLK was at the very least a communist sympathizer.

These guys are not what you call, loved, by most older traditional conservatives. So trying to equate them with RP, is probably not a banner thing to do while we are trying to win the REPUBLICAN nomination.

Save it for the general, I think.

LibertyProsperity_56
12-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Well-said! I second that.

Let's see.

These guys are not what you call, loved, by most older traditional conservatives. So trying to equate them with RP, is probably not a banner thing to do while we are trying to win the REPUBLICAN nomination.

justatrey
12-11-2011, 09:21 PM
You might scare some folks with the title of this thread. I don't even want to say what I thought it meant.

Personally I've always loved this video, but LibertyEagle makes a good point.

rambone
12-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Beautiful. Thank you. It is right to make these comparisons. 3 true patriots.

cdc482
12-11-2011, 09:31 PM
awesome video!

Boo to the haters

affa
12-11-2011, 09:32 PM
it was great and relevant then. it is great and relevant now.

LibertyEagle
12-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Not if you are trying to attract Republican voters, it's not.

LibertyProsperity_56
12-11-2011, 09:37 PM
Agreed. This is not about "haters" or "non-haters." This video is simply inappropriate and irrelevant because comparing Ron Paul to the communist sympathizer MLK is insulting. As a lifelong Republican, I can tell you that it is not well-received over here.

Not if you are trying to attract Republican voters, it's not.

Uriah
12-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Everyone should watch the Ron Paul highlights from the 2007/2008 debates. He was and still is the lone voice of reason.

Nastynate
12-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Let's see.

I don't think many people old enough to remember Kennedy and MLK are surfing around the internet enough to find this. Also The video is very well done and wouldn't change a thing, just because you disagree with someone on one issue or a multitude of issues doesn't mean you dismiss everything they've ever said. You agree where you can agree at and with Kennedy and MLK in this video sounding a lot like Ron Paul on his foreign policy and secrecy issues makes this quite a powerful piece.

LibertyProsperity_56
12-11-2011, 09:52 PM
I am old enough to remember MLK, and I am surfing around the internet to see this. And I don't like the MLK-RP comparison.

I don't think many people old enough to remember Kennedy and MLK are surfing around the internet enough to find this. Also The video is very well done and wouldn't change a thing, just because you disagree with someone on one issue or a multitude of issues doesn't mean you dismiss everything they've ever said. You agree where you can agree at and with Kennedy and MLK in this video sounding a lot like Ron Paul on his foreign policy and secrecy issues makes this quite a powerful piece.

justatrey
12-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Come on guys, obviously there is good and bad when it comes to MLK and JFK. This video tries to relate the good to Ron's message.

It's good for picking up support from the millions of Americans who consider both heroes. With that said, LibertyEagle is right that we wouldn't want to be sending this video to registered Republicans and asking them to support Ron. It's probably best to show Obama supporters actually.

LibertyEagle
12-11-2011, 09:55 PM

I understand and it might be good for the general election. But, it is not for the Republican primary. That is all I am saying.

Perception is everything and attempting to tie RP to MLK and JFK is not a wise move to win over undecided Republicans.

Nastynate
12-11-2011, 09:56 PM
I understand and it might be good for the general election. But, it is not for the Republican primary. That is all I am saying.

Perception is everything and attempting to tie RP to MLK and JFK is not a wise move to win over undecided Republicans. Agreed.

Carole
12-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Excellent video. Thank you.