PDA

View Full Version : My Speech May Have Swayed Voters

ItsTime
12-11-2011, 06:04 PM
My speech to Republican insiders here in New Hampshire got a great response. Many more Ron Paul supporters were there than the last meeting. I started off with a paraphrased statement from the campaign about Cain suspending his campaign and wished Cain and his wife the best. I then went on to talk about Ron Paul's foreign policy with a focus on Israel.

I used a quote from Ron Paul's debate performance "You know if we took that oath of office seriously in Washington, we'd get rid of 80% of the Government; the budget would be balanced; we would have sound money; and we would have prosperity, and we wouldn't be the policemen of the world..." I then juxtaposed it with the speech that Netanyahu gave to congress. "“You do not need to do nation building in Israel we are already built. You do not need to export democracy to Israel we already got it. And you do not need to send American troops to Israel we defend ourselves.”

Then I went to outline how Ron Paul would handle an attack on Iran. Saying that he would not get in Israels way and if Israel asked for our help, he would go to congress, see if congress thought we were in immediate danger then if they thought so to declare war. He would then bring down the might of the US military, win the war and come home. Meaning no more nation building and most importantly bringing us back to a constitutional foreign policy.

After the speech during mingle time I talked with two undecided voters who after listening to the speech said, 1 I had the guts to bring up the subject and 2 thanked me for helping them understand Ron's position better and are now leaning towards voting for him.

Get boots on the ground and we can win this!

Okie RP fan
12-11-2011, 06:08 PM
+rep, excellent!

We all have to keep pushing, pushing, and pushing! Can't slow down now!

GunnyFreedom
12-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Ron Paul 2007 "Get involved with the GOP" Ron Paul = genius.

GeorgiaAvenger
12-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Republican insiders?

ItsTime
12-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Republican insiders?

State reps, senator, town chairs, and the like.

InTradePro
12-11-2011, 07:23 PM
My speech to Republican insiders here in New Hampshire got a great response. Many more Ron Paul supporters were there than the last meeting. I started off with a paraphrased statement from the campaign about Cain suspending his campaign and wished Cain and his wife the best. I then went on to talk about Ron Paul's foreign policy with a focus on Israel.

I used a quote from Ron Paul's debate performance "You know if we took that oath of office seriously in Washington, we'd get rid of 80% of the Government; the budget would be balanced; we would have sound money; and we would have prosperity, and we wouldn't be the policemen of the world..." I then juxtaposed it with the speech that Netanyahu gave to congress. "“You do not need to do nation building in Israel we are already built. You do not need to export democracy to Israel we already got it. And you do not need to send American troops to Israel we defend ourselves.”

Then I went to outline how Ron Paul would handle an attack on Iran. Saying that he would not get in Israels way and if Israel asked for our help, he would go to congress, see if congress thought we were in immediate danger then if they thought so to declare war. He would then bring down the might of the US military, win the war and come home. Meaning no more nation building and most importantly bringing us back to a constitutional foreign policy.

After the speech during mingle time I talked with two undecided voters who after listening to the speech said, 1 I had the guts to bring up the subject and 2 thanked me for helping them understand Ron's position better and are now leaning towards voting for him.

+Rep for taking action

sailingaway
12-11-2011, 07:54 PM
+rep!

ItsTime
12-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Ron Paul 2007 "Get involved with the GOP" Ron Paul = genius.

Yup I wish more had listened!

Paulitics 2011
12-11-2011, 08:54 PM
That's really great. I think we should all look into doing something locally like that.

ItsTime
12-12-2011, 02:07 PM
That's really great. I think we should all look into doing something locally like that.

This is how we win. boots on the ground.

Feeding the Abscess
12-12-2011, 02:19 PM

My main concern with this line of reaching out is that the end result will be a Reagan to Ron's Goldwater. In a little more detail, people buy into that message, don't learn the underlying philosophy behind the message, and we end up with someone who talks a conservative game while tripling the national debt/selling out the cause.

Don't confuse my long-term outlook as a dismissal of your excellent speech to the group, though; that is to be applauded for sure.

ItsTime
12-12-2011, 02:21 PM
My main concern with this line of reaching out is that the end result will be a Reagan to Ron's Goldwater. In a little more detail, people buy into that message, don't learn the underlying philosophy behind the message, and we end up with someone who talks a conservative game while tripling the national debt/selling out the cause.

Don't confuse my long-term outlook as a dismissal of your excellent speech to the group, though; that is to be applauded for sure.

Well I got the line (paraphrased) from what Ron Paul said in a debate.

Feeding the Abscess
12-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Well I got the line (paraphrased) from what Ron Paul said in a debate.

I know. I'm just putting thoughts to words.

ItsTime
12-12-2011, 02:25 PM
I know. I'm just putting thoughts to words.

I get what you mean.

Nate-ForLiberty
12-12-2011, 02:29 PM
tube?

ItsTime
12-12-2011, 02:31 PM
tube?

No videos allowed in the meetings. :( No joke, they use to have democrats come and film their meetings and get strategy from them.

Nate-ForLiberty
12-12-2011, 02:33 PM
No videos allowed in the meetings. :( No joke, they use to have democrats come and film their meetings and get strategy from them.

aww well. If you give a speech in front of common folk be sure to video that! :)

Anti Federalist
12-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Great work, +rep.

A solid showing in NH is possible, with an Iowa win.

Must Win Iowa.

phill4paul
12-12-2011, 02:50 PM
+ rep!

Icymudpuppy
12-12-2011, 05:44 PM
I cannot stomach my local Republicans. I tried to attend in 07-08. I am a veteran, and they called me a traitor for espousing a constitutional non-interventionist foreign policy. I haven't been back.