PDA

View Full Version : I need your thought about breaking the law..

knarf
12-11-2011, 03:18 PM
I had someone write to me telling me to take an Ebay item down
This is what the person wrote to me:
"The Congressman obviously didnt know about the law when he signed that note. I dont blame him since there are thousands of Federal laws. But he did violate the law, and he is currently running for President of The US. Do not advirtise his indiscretion in this case. Do the right thing and take this auction down. What if one of his rival compaigns finds out; your advirtising this on the Dailypaul and who knows where else. Sell the Zimbabwe note, but please, for the good of the movement, take this auction down now."

This person also sent me this:
""Whoever mutilates, cuts, defaces, disfigures, or perforates, or unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, or Federal Reserve bank, or the Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt unfit to be reissued, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both."
Source(s):
United States Code
TITLE 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
PART I - CRIMES
CHAPTER 17 - COINS AND CURRENCY
333. Mutilation of national bank obligations"

Do you think I should take this down? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150717126476

paulpwns
12-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Ron Paul is exempt from that law anyways.

ShaneEnochs
12-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Here's the important part of that law:

with intent to render such bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt unfit to be reissued

As long as you can see all the information, you're good to go.

knarf
12-11-2011, 03:25 PM
I think the key word in the law is "unfit to be reissued" It is now better than before and worth a whole Hell of a lot more than when the Federal Reserve's 2 Dollar value on it.

trey4sports
12-11-2011, 03:28 PM
It's fine.

erowe1
12-11-2011, 04:31 PM
As with any other law, the level of seriousness you ought to give it has to consider what the consequences are and what the likelihood is of facing them. It's a pragmatic decision, not an ethical one. In this case, I'd say there's a 0% chance of any legal consequences.

Also, paper money is still good as long as it still has both serial numbers, so unless the defacing ruined one of those, I don't think it even counts as defacing.

Nate-ForLiberty
12-11-2011, 04:38 PM
It's against U.S. Law to deface foreign currency? Ffs.

eduardo89
12-11-2011, 04:40 PM

What are you talking about? I didn't know foreign countries issue FRN's...

xFiFtyOnE
12-11-2011, 04:58 PM
You could just go ahead and end the auction if you're that worried. $100 for a $2 bill ain't bad...

VIDEODROME
12-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Apparently Zimbabwe currency has more problems then just from people writing on it.

LeJimster
12-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Is the Zimbabwe note worth anything? or is it old and unusable? And is the law for all currencies or just Federal Reserve notes? If the latter, I don't believe so.

specsaregood
12-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Its not illegal, whomever wrote you that is wrong. Feel free to tell them so.

Lavitz
12-11-2011, 05:41 PM

No, the OP has two items up for auction: a $2 bill and a Zimbabwe bill, both signed by Ron Paul. The person who messaged him only wanted him to take down the auction for the $2 bill and was trying to say that he had no problem with selling the Zimbabwe bill. This person is still wrong about the law as explained above.

And I encourage everyone to click the link and read the OP's product description for the bill; it's pretty funny.

ShaneEnochs
12-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Wait, just wondering, can you sell money for more money? That seems weird.

eduardo89
12-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Wait, just wondering, can you sell money for more money? That seems weird.

FRN's are not money. Only gold and silver are money ;)

Wesker1982
12-11-2011, 05:57 PM
keep it up imo

Nate-ForLiberty
12-11-2011, 06:00 PM
No, the OP has two items up for auction: a $2 bill and a Zimbabwe bill, both signed by Ron Paul. The person who messaged him only wanted him to take down the auction for the $2 bill and was trying to say that he had no problem with selling the Zimbabwe bill. This person is still wrong about the law as explained above.

And I encourage everyone to click the link and read the OP's product description for the bill; it's pretty funny.

that's what i missed.

Perry
12-11-2011, 06:04 PM
That looks like a fake signature. Why is the signature either blurry or shaded in every pic? Even with the blurry pic it looks too smooth to be Ron Pauls sig.

knarf
12-11-2011, 06:19 PM
That looks like a fake signature. Why is the signature either blurry or shaded in every pic? Even with the blurry pic it looks too smooth to be Ron Pauls sig.
It is certainly Ron Paul's signiture. He signed it in his DC office last week along with Ron Paul Signed Zimbabwe One Hundred Trillion Dollar Bill http://www.ebay.com/itm/150717122641?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

My camera isnt the best in the world. I bought it for 50 bucks when Circuit City was going out of business.

iGGz
12-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Dude, don't listen to that fool.

If anything, you should just have this thread erased and let the auction finish and be done with it.

Artie Fufkin
12-11-2011, 07:08 PM
It's a pretty good song. Maybe the best on the album.

aGameOfThrones
12-11-2011, 07:26 PM
I had someone write to me telling me to take an Ebay item down
This is what the person wrote to me:
"The Congressman obviously didnt know about the law when he signed that note. I dont blame him since there are thousands of Federal laws. But he did violate the law, and he is currently running for President of The US. Do not advirtise his indiscretion in this case. Do the right thing and take this auction down. What if one of his rival compaigns finds out; your advirtising this on the Dailypaul and who knows where else. Sell the Zimbabwe note, but please, for the good of the movement, take this auction down now."

This person also sent me this:
""Whoever mutilates, cuts, defaces, disfigures, or perforates, or unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, or Federal Reserve bank, or the Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt unfit to be reissued, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both."
Source(s):
United States Code
TITLE 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
PART I - CRIMES
CHAPTER 17 - COINS AND CURRENCY
333. Mutilation of national bank obligations"

Do you think I should take this down? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150717126476

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr-Lrqbnseg

Johnny Appleseed
12-11-2011, 07:31 PM
yeah I was gonna post a utube of JP ...I was hoping this was about knocking off a armored car....

iGGz
12-11-2011, 07:32 PM
I like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X17wfLXaREE

LibForestPaul
12-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Have you not witnessed cashiers marking bills to test for counterfeits? Do you believe they are breaking the law?

dillo
12-11-2011, 09:42 PM

Rothschil d s currency notes are everyones currency notes

Rael
12-12-2011, 12:17 AM
Breaking the law? If you feel as if nobody cares if you live or die, might as well begin to put some action in your life.

Pauls' Revere
12-12-2011, 12:36 AM
Here's the important part of that law:

As long as you can see all the information, you're good to go.

If someone accepts that bill as payment for debts both public or private it's "fit" for use.