PDA

View Full Version : The official Illinois for Ron Paul 2012 is here on Meetup now

lauriebluedorn
12-11-2011, 01:46 PM
http://www.meetup.com/Illinois-for-Ron-Paul/

Fellow Ron Paul supporter,

The official Illinois for Ron Paul 2012 campaign is here on Meetup now. Please take time to join our group as we need volunteers now to get Dr. Paul and his delegates on the primary ballot in Illinois.

We are currently only half way to our goal of 16200 and need your help!

The ground battle is here and now as we have until the end of this month to get our petitions filed with the Illinois State board of Elections.

Let me remind you that if Ron Paul and his delegates are not on the ballot in Illinois, all the "rallying" for him will be for nothing.

All you need to do is join http://www.meetup.com/Illinois-for-Ron-Paul/ and you will be tied directly into every event that will directly affect the campaign in your area.

Please help us out by telling everyone where to get involved.

The entire Ron Paul campaign and I would really appreciate it!

For Liberty,
Christian Sass

Illinois Congressional District 8 Coordinator and Delegate for Ron Paul 2012
sastian@gmail.com
630-631-1196

lbadragan
01-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Let me remind you that if Ron Paul and his delegates are not on the ballot in Illinois, all the "rallying" for him will be for nothing.

What was the end result? Is Ron Paul and his delegates on the ballot?

cachemaster
01-06-2012, 12:38 AM
Yes Dr.Paul is on the Illinois ballot. I'm not sure about the delegates though.

lbadragan
01-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Yes Dr.Paul is on the Illinois ballot. I'm not sure about the delegates though.

Thanks for the response. Anyone know what the status is with the delegates? I read somewhere online that in Illinois, the vote for the president is just a popularity contest and it's really the delegates that matter. Is that true?

sastian
02-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Tuesday 20 March 2012: 54 (3 from each of the 18 congressional districts) of Illinois' 69 delegates to the Republican National Convention will be directly elected in the Illinois Presidential Primary.

This is a so-called "Loophole" primary (a Delegate Selection Primary combined with an Advisory "beauty contest" presidential preference vote). The popular vote in the Illinois Republican Primary will have nothing whatsoever to do with the presidential preference of the 54 separately elected National Convention delegates.

Each of the State's 18 congressional districts is assigned 2 to 4 National Convention delegates- the number of delegates assigned to each district being based on the relative strength of that district's vote for the Republican presidential nominee in the previous Presidential election: a total of 54 district delegates to be directly elected by the voters and individually listed on the ballot with their presidential preferences indicated.

CD 1: 3
CD 2: 3
CD 3: 3
CD 4: 2
CD 5: 3
CD 6: 3
CD 7: 2
CD 8: 3
CD 9: 3
CD 10: 3
CD 11: 3
CD 12: 3
CD 13: 3
CD 14: 3
CD 15: 4
CD 16: 3
CD 17: 3
CD 18: 4

Friday 8 June - Saturday 9 June 2012: The Illinois Republican Party State Convention convenes in Tinley Park and chooses the remaining 12 delegates.

Illinois' 12 (10 at-large + 2 bonus) delegates are chosen by the State's Republican Party Convention will go to the Republican National Convention officially unbound.
In addition, 3 party leaders, the National Committeeman, the National Committeewoman, and the chairman of the Illinois Republican Party, will attend the convention as unbound delegates by virtue of their position.:D