PDA

View Full Version : what does it mean if Ron Paul wins Iowa?

jschaefer
12-11-2011, 01:28 PM
I know this sounds ridiculous but this is the first time I'm following this stuff and it's because of Ron Paul.

Next time, unless Rand runs, I will not follow it again.

can anyone tell me what it would mean and how it helps?

Again I'm very new to this process.

Thanks again.

BUSHLIED
12-11-2011, 01:37 PM
It would mean a lot. What I think it will do immediately is expose the rifts within the GOP that have been brewing for many years if not historically. To think that a so-called "fringe candidate" that everyone mocked in '08 because of his non-interventionist foreign policy could come back 4 years later and win Iowa is significant. It will throw the corrupt media into a tailspin. Of course they will find a way to minimize Paul's win by explaining it as a result of x,y,z rather than giving Paul and his ideas credit.

But most importantly, it helps Paul by indicating that Ron is electable and gives Paul a head of steam heading into New Hampshire, where people are respective to his message already. If Ron wins Iowa that means he beat Newt and that is good to keep the campaign going. So many possibilities open up if Ron wins IA.

The question I have is: How does winning Iowa and say a second place in NH, help Paul going into South Carolina and Florida. Would an Iowa win help Ron to skip over Romney in South Carolina and Florida? I mean to be realistic, Paul struggled in both SC and FL in 08 and two strong third place finishes in those states would be great for the campaign to pick up delegates. Does anyone think that a first place in Iowa and second place (or win) in NH actually can bump Paul from 8-10% in SC and FL to say 18-22% to get second?

Napolitanic Wars
12-11-2011, 01:39 PM
It means O'reilly will lose that bet. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmFjEA4vj9M

iamse7en
12-11-2011, 02:08 PM
It would immediately become "irrelevant" to the media and establishment politicians, which is saying alot, because the establishment LOVES to say how "relevant" Iowa really is. A RP win has important implications; it means liberty is more popular than you think. It means that the liberty message can win hearts and minds IN SPITE of all the lies and media propaganda. TBH, I don't think it means much with regards to the nomination. I think we are way behind in other important states and establishment hacks usually win those (like SC and FL), even though we get a bit of a boost from an Iowa win. We still have a lot of work to do.

The Free Hornet
12-11-2011, 02:17 PM
what does it mean if Ron Paul wins Iowa?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXwGVXD7qEQ

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-11-2011, 02:50 PM
If Ron Paul wins Iowa he will become the 45th President of the US. Go on to win the Nomination in a huge explosion of momentum, then trounce Obama in the General like the 1980 election with Reagan, and become one of the most beloved US Presidents in our history, and change the mindset and views of a great many people around the world. Hmmmm, maybe I should re-look that Mayan 2012 prophecy :p

As Juan said 'This is Ron Paul's age'. Imagine the growth of liberty here at home and around the world with a Ron Paul victory. It would be paradigm shattering.

dillo
12-11-2011, 03:00 PM
It absolutely infuriates me that preaching liberty, freedom and the United States Constitution is considered "whacko" by the most popular news show. Also most of the 9/11 attackers were from Saudi Arabia, not Afghanistan

Peace&Freedom
12-11-2011, 04:34 PM
1) Winning Iowa means from day 1 of the real voting, Paul gets the "Paul can't win" monkey off his back. This has been the big figleaf of legitimacy behind blacking out coverage of Paul by the major media. By 'coverage' I mean DAILY discussion of Paul as a FRONTRUUNER, and as a possible WINNER of the primary race. There will be no place for the MSM to hide from talking about him as much as they do Romney and Gingrich in the days following. When Paul is freed from the containment field barring regular people from hearing about him, game over, we win.

2) A Iowa win, coupled with proportional delegate pick up through March, deflates the importance of SC and FL. Those states have served as establishment devices to lock in (with MSM help) the expectation that the frontrunner winner of early primaries as the nominee. Because they and other races are not winner take all, there should not be as dramatic a bump in delegate lead by Mitt or Newt. In a scenario where Paul takes IA, Romney takes NH, and Newt takes SC, the race will appear wide open, long enough for long term activism by the Paul organization (us) to take a bigger bite out of the delegate pie.

economics102
12-11-2011, 05:20 PM
It means the headline the next day will be "Gingrich defeats Romney in Iowa."

It means we're going to get to continue this experiment of seeing how successful Ron Paul can be in campaigning before the people wake up and realize the huge disconnect between what's on their TV and what's really happening. We may yet get to see what happens when the people realize the media is not simply bad at their job, but is good at their job and attempting to subvert the people's democracy. We may get to see what happens when the people realize the media is arguably even more responsible for the current state of affairs than our our government.

And we'll get to see what other tricks the establishment has to resort to when the people no longer listen to the gatekeepers at ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX.

pauladin
12-11-2011, 05:24 PM
It means O'reilly will lose that bet. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmFjEA4vj9M

nope. o'reilly says "one primary". iowa is a caucus.

LibForestPaul
12-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Ron winning Iowa means Ron winning New Hampshire.
After that, expect a very bloody MSM attack. If ignoring doesn't work, next stage required.

TC95
12-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Unforunately, if Ron Paul wins Iowa, it means that Iowa will become irrelevant in future elections. CBS said so, so you know it's 100% credible.

"Among longtime observers of Iowa politics, there remains considerable concern, privately expressed, that Paul might actually win the caucuses -- a result that could make the state irrelevant in future cycles."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57335591-503544/in-iowa-the-ron-paul-factor-could-loom-large/

Keep in mind, Iowa will only become irrelevant if Ron Paul wins the state. If anyone else wins, Iowa will remain completely relevant. Why? Because CBS said so.

cindy25
12-11-2011, 09:45 PM
whoever wins IA and NH wins the nomination; if Ron wins IA and Romney wins NH the convention is brokered

ZanZibar
12-11-2011, 10:52 PM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100108063233/uncyclopedia/images/archive/b/b5/20100108063328%21Exploding-head.gif