PDA

View Full Version : Bill of Rights day suggestion

momof6
11-07-2007, 04:17 PM
One of the unique things about the Ron Paul campaign is that people are finding out more about their history and government. What if there were a website challenging people to read more about the Bill of Rights, Constitution, Declaration of Independence, Federalist Papers, etc? A suggested donation of $1 (or more) per reading to be donated to the Ronpaul2008 would encourage donations - kind of like the read-a-thon fundraisers in school. The type site could keep track of participants, target # of readings, total completed, and links to resources.

I don't think this type of fundraiser would compete with events of the 16th and might draw a different audience.

What do you think???

jgmaynard
11-07-2007, 04:22 PM
I like the read-a-thon idea, but after much discussion, it looks like the general consensus is now to keep the fund raising and activism totally seperate on the two days. I could see it being used on the BTP side of things though. Maybe find some good kids book on the BTP and use that for the fundraiser reading material? :)
Thank you!

JM

Paul4Prez
11-07-2007, 11:13 PM
How about handing out copies of the Bill of Rights as we go door-to-door, handing out Ron Paul literature?

Flirple
11-08-2007, 12:50 AM
How about handing out copies of the Bill of Rights as we go door-to-door, handing out Ron Paul literature?

Simple and well-targeted. I like it.

The bill of rights could easily be worked into a RP flyer. And while going door-to-door you could be promoting the impending money bomb in addition to campaign canvassing and educating folks on the Bill of Rights. It's a 3-in-1 deal!

Flirple
11-08-2007, 01:00 AM
sorry wrong thread

delete

jgmaynard
11-08-2007, 11:05 AM
The bill of rights could easily be worked into a RP flyer. And while going door-to-door you could be promoting the impending money bomb in addition to campaign canvassing and educating folks on the Bill of Rights. It's a 3-in-1 deal!

BINGO! That's one of the huge advantages to the volunteer day/ donation day three site compromise that we reached the other day - The volunteer day builds up the total for the donation day BIG TIME!

:D

JM