PDA

View Full Version : Media's increasing respect for Ron Paul

TRIGRHAPPY
12-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Now, I've been with RP since 2007..... His name has most often been used as a punch line in the media... Even when he did make the news, his name would always precede ", who has no chance of winning.". It's as if they were asking people to marganalize him....which worked for a very long time.

Now, I've seen a few articles here and there that spoke very positively of him, but they were usually written by people who support or have endorsed him. Such stories are great, and extremely helpful, but they cannot accurately be used to guage the public sentiment...

However, lately, I am seeing more and more outlets and authors that do not support Ron Paul admitting that he is a contender. Instead of the "its a two way race" pieces, conveniently leaving out Ron Paul completely.....more and more I am seeing RP mentioned as the one person positioned to either win or be kingmaker in this election. That's a step in the right direction.

Even Ron Paul's supporters are being mentioned in overwhelmingly positive lights this time around. If you weren't here last time, just take my word for it....we were villified and constantly insulted. Glenn Beck even went as far as calling us terrorists. This time around, we're being called Ron Paul's source of significant political clout. We're called dedicated, hard-working, and persistant.....and without a disclaimer about us being crazy. A common phrase used is "they would walk over hot coals for him".

They know we aren't going away. They know Ron Paul isn't going away. They know Ron Paul will never be short of money all the way to the convention. They are already taking for granted that, even if Ron Paul tanked TODAY, he would still control at least 15% of the electorate....which would absolutely determine who wins and loses.

I think the media is finally realizing this. Good job folks.

ItsTime
12-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Because the other candidates are pretending to respect him. They are trying to skim off votes from him to other candidates. We are a force and we can win!

Lothario
12-11-2011, 12:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAaTxXtDMZI&feature=g-u

Peace&Freedom
12-11-2011, 01:29 PM
They are also realizing, with Paul commanding a core of 15-20% of primary vote support, and the big split of much of the rest between Romney and Gingrich, that Paul may eventually acquire AT LEAST 25-30% of the delegates and numerically deny either Newt or Mitt a nomination win going into the convention. That means the wooing process has begun to get Paul to concede, endorse one of the other two, or at least not go third party.

Bruno
12-11-2011, 02:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAaTxXtDMZI&feature=g-u

I can't believe what I just saw!

Miss Annie
12-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Maybe not all of them want to live in a Communist USA. Maybe they are realizing that if Ron Paul wins, they won't be forced into such a thing. Maybe they are realizing that he really IS electable! :)

ronpaulitician
12-11-2011, 02:04 PM
It'll take an Iowa victory before they will really take him seriously. Even then, the Newt-fanboys will just play it as a Romney loss.

Liberty74
12-11-2011, 02:10 PM
What? We don't sway? GTFO really... :D