PDA

View Full Version : Steve Deace tweet on Ron at the debate

sailingaway
12-11-2011, 08:09 AM
SteveDeaceShow Steve Deace
#RonPaul's answer linking marriage fidelity with the oath of office was one of his best ever as a presidential candidate.

//

Sola_Fide
12-11-2011, 08:11 AM
From a Christian perspective, I thought it was a profound answer, because it speaks to integrity.

affa
12-11-2011, 08:14 AM
not just one of his best ever, but best in the past several elections imo. certainly my all time favorite, modern, televised debate answer.

Sola_Fide
12-11-2011, 08:17 AM
not just one of his best ever, but best in the past several elections imo. certainly my all time favorite, modern, televised debate answer.

I agree, because the issue of taking your oaths seriously strikes at the heart of the evil and corruption that government breeds.

UtahApocalypse
12-11-2011, 08:35 AM
That could be his "I paid for this microphone" moment and will change Iowa for sure.

Mordan
12-11-2011, 09:08 AM
that guys Steve Deace thinks Gingirch was the clear winner

http://stevedeace.com/news/iowa-politics/gop-debate-recap/

matt0611
12-11-2011, 09:12 AM

How can any objective person think that? Wow.
I think this was Gingrich's worse debate yet.

Sola_Fide
12-11-2011, 09:12 AM

Dude, he said Ron Paul was the winner too. His praise of Paul was better than Newt.

Sola_Fide
12-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Read the link guys...read it....

sailingaway
12-11-2011, 09:14 AM

He was speaking of style. He doesn't like Gingrich, can't fathom why :rolleyes:

Right under Gingrich he wrote this:

Winner—Ron Paul
This was perhaps the best overall debate performance Paul has had in either this or the previous presidential cycle. He was alert, avoided rabbit trails, on message, and even dare I say at times charming. He did a good job of deconstructing Gingrich without coming across as angry in their lone exchange. His linking marriage fidelity with the oath of office was one of the best answers he has ever given in a debate. Paul buoyed his improving chances to win on January 3rd.

But definitely read the link. Since when don't we reward writers for coverage?

anewvoice
12-11-2011, 09:16 AM
He puts this as a Gingrich adn Paul contest at the end, that was a positive piece!

Sola_Fide
12-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Conclusion

Unless either Bachmann, Perry, or Santorum has an out-of-this world debate on Fox News Thursday night, in the final weeks the Iowa Caucuses will become a race between Gingrich’s surging popularity an Paul’s organization—barring a Gingrich implosion.

He's right.

pauladin
12-11-2011, 09:19 AM
ron did great last night. he needs to keep the momentum of enthusiasm going with a great performance in the next debate and on leno.

rich34
12-11-2011, 09:22 AM
This was Gingrich's worst debate. You could tell at times he was visably out of sync. I don't think he was expecting to be getting attacked the way he did. He did remain calm which is what I think voters like about him, but his come backs weren't exactly the best.

On a side note, I think Ron needs to do a better job at letting the people know that he's the real "consistent conservative.." Michelle Bachmann makes me sick at my stomach up there acting as if she's more consistent and more of a real deal than Ron Paul. And to think she used to go to his meetings and is or was no doubt friends with him she's pretty low imo.

bluesc
12-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Well, good to know Deace really is open to Ron, and wasn't trolling us as some here suggested. Sending emails, especially coming from Christians, would be great.

Cap
12-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Hell, I'm celebrating today. After Ron's stellar debate performance last night and home run after home run hit on Meet the Press. This last 24 hours have been good for us. Liberty and Freedom are popular.

GeorgiaAvenger
12-11-2011, 04:04 PM
We don't even need an endorsement, though it would be great. We just need people to "open up".

wgadget
12-11-2011, 04:10 PM
When listening to "who won the debate" conversations from the talking heads, it's almost as if they are asking WHO IS BEST AT DEBATING? But the real question should be one of SUBSTANCE, shouldn't it? Ron has already admitted that he hates the way he comes across, that he has trouble speaking his mind with clarity. But on SUBSTANCE, Ron was the champion and always is.

Now whey don't these talking heads talk about the guys' ideas, not whether they made stupid wagers on national tv, whether they attacked each other, etc., etc.? Isn't this election about policies and solutions? I'm fed up with the media.