PDA

View Full Version : Body language reveals phase shift

febo
12-11-2011, 06:51 AM
The body language of RP's opponents, when RP was talking was noticeable. It said "OK, I give in." but in a good way, like they've realised its great news that the country has a leader like this.

I think RP's decision to go on the attack in the past couple of weeks, the timing and the way it was done was superb - I think the Newts and Mitts were hoping that RP would remain the perfect gentleman and not talk about thier hypocricies and flip flops. In retrospect, the rather surprising raised level of repect he started getting from interviewers at the beginning of this campaign may have been an attempt no to rile Paul, to stop him from exposing the very great difference between his record and the others.

The establishment are in retreat right now, looking for a new line in the sand. Ron Paul may have pulled off a phase shift.

bluesc
12-11-2011, 06:55 AM
Ron's body language was great, Newt's was awful when Ron was attacking. What was more telling, though, was when Newt was asked to respond. He refused to continue the discussion, and instead tried to focus on agreements - something he didn't do for Mitt. Ron then came back with another attack.

Ron put Newt on the defensive completely. Very effective. He could have given the final blow with a devestating soundbite at the end that would be replayed all throughout the day today. Newt lives on to face Ron another day.

So... Where are the people who said Ron could never face Newt in a debate? Oh yeah, he got banned :D

febo
12-11-2011, 07:02 AM
I must confess I've underrated RP's long game completely...

bluesc
12-11-2011, 07:05 AM
I must confess I've underrated RP's long game completely...

Be sure never to again, he can play politics with the best of them, and always wins.

TheDuke
12-11-2011, 07:06 AM
I don't know if Ron had any training since his last campaign, or even since the beginning of this one... because he radiates so much more self-confindence then he used to.

febo
12-11-2011, 07:12 AM
I think events are part of it - the western financial system is clearly entering a new crisis

NaturalMystic
12-11-2011, 07:23 AM
Every time I question or doubt the tactics of the Dr I am delightfully proven wrong. It is a testament to his character. America needs Ron Paul and he recognizes that this is his moment

dante
12-11-2011, 08:21 AM
I don't know if Ron had any training since his last campaign, or even since the beginning of this one... because he radiates so much more self-confindence then he used to.

Go back and watch the early debates. I think the shift happened during this campaign. Ever since the "Restore America Plan" was released he has had so much more confidence, and consequently so much better 30-60 second answers in the debates.

I also think the last four years of constant media interviews greatly helped him in this regard.

affa
12-11-2011, 08:31 AM
Agreed. The body language was surprisingly in Ron Pauls favor... they cowed when he attacked, looked like students when he taught, and laughed when he joked. Twilight zone, really.

RonRules
12-11-2011, 08:31 AM
Loose fitting suits, with a two inch gap behind the neck are the new fashion trend! Mark my words!

Revolution9
12-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Loose fitting suits, with a two inch gap behind the neck are the new fashion trend! Mark my words!

It doesn't cut off blood to the rear of the brain. A clue as to why mega-suit dudes seem so stupid to many of us. The tight neck tie and double chin bloat is another blood to the brain killer.

Rev9

ctiger2
12-11-2011, 11:00 AM

It's a common thing to happen as you amass massive amounts of positive feedback for YOUR IDEAS.

MrTudo
12-11-2011, 11:03 AM
It has nothing to do with "training" and everything to do with "age". Go back in time and see how RP was and even with one of the biggest scumbags and certainly biggest mouth's morton downey. Go to youtube and search for that and you'll see that Dr Paul was no marshmellow.
I used to bang out 100 presentations a day in my business, when I was in my early 20's. Now I'm 56 and the aches and pains have started, open heart surgery 5 years ago and things start catching up after a while. Remember ( maybe you're too young to remember ) how even senior citizens critized Reagan when he was in office as being too old? Like it or not you are not going to be as sharp, not as quick with the responses whether driving a car or in the midst of a debate and yes there's a big difference between 68 and 75 ( traitor gingrich/Dr Paul ) as there is between 58 and 65, 48 and 55, 38 and 45, 28 and 35 and the fact that those changes are much more pronounced in the older years and barely recognizable in the younger. It's a fact of life.
Now do you see why this is our last chance? Who is even remotely behind Ron Paul on promoting the Constitution? I saw a post on youtube from a Brit earlier, check out his statement:
In the UK we have our own Constitutions (MagnaCarta-1215, Petition Of Rights-1628, Bill Of Rights & Coronation Oath-1689, Acts Of The Union-1707 etc..) which were put in place to protect us from the Devine Right Of Kings & Tyrannts. Guess what... nobody is talking about them on TV. That's because we have been pushed without a vote into our own Super Congress of 27 Un-Elected Members of the EU Commission/Dictatorship. At least in the US you have the Judge, please send him to us ! ;-)

And my response:
Thanks for the mini-info on England's equivilent to the Constitution. America has gone the same way as you pricks in England and will suffer the same or similar consequences as the empire breaks down.
No offence on the pricks statement. That's for the masses. You're obviously one of us, the "lunatic fringe". One of these days some of us lunatics are going to lose our tempers. "Collectively" too.

The link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgWA3fmfVrI&feature=youtu.be

I think I'll be in a pissed off mood for at least a little while longer after watching only 5 minutes of that scumbag announcer on meet the press dis Dr Paul and ALL OF US. You all do realize that they know they are disrespecting all Ron Paul supporters when they do that?

speciallyblend
12-11-2011, 11:13 AM
It doesn't cut off blood to the rear of the brain. A clue as to why mega-suit dudes seem so stupid to many of us. The tight neck tie and double chin bloat is another blood to the brain killer.

Rev9

thanks for the laugh lmfao!

BUSHLIED
12-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Paul's debate performance was superb and it was his best debate in 2011. Some members were saying he could have done better BUT from my perspective, he did what he needed to do based on what Ron is comfortable doing. He actually took off the gloves and hit Newt while staying out of Newt's personal life. He made several good points and got tons of cheers. It was a very important debate for Paul and he will definitely pick up support in Iowa based on his performance.

Let me just add that for whatever reason, it seems to me that Newt is getting a pass from the media. We are going to have to work harder in Iowa to win if the polls are accurate for Newt and it isn't just a flavor of the week type rise. Only time will tell.

ItsTime
12-11-2011, 11:21 AM

We forced him to do it last time, we forced him to start this time. Now he wants it, he wants to help restore America and it is showing.

Crystallas
12-11-2011, 11:24 AM
The best was when the cameras turned to Newt's wife. She tried her best to smile and keep a straight face. Newt said something about his "loyalty" and her left eye just twitched ever so slightly. LMAO! You can't hide it!

Diashi
12-11-2011, 11:26 AM

HAHAH! Leading the way in politics and fashion.

Diurdi
12-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Hahaha. Win.

Birdlady
12-11-2011, 11:40 AM
We forced him to do it last time, we forced him to start this time. Now he wants it, he wants to help restore America and it is showing.
^This.

I actually think Ron wants to win now. His confidence, attitude and the way he is carrying himself has shifted in the past few weeks... I was pretty worried about how RP would handle these attacks on Newt, but I think he actually dislikes Newt so much so that it was easy for him. I don't think he dislikes the other candidates as much, so I wouldn't be surprised if the less aggressive Ron Paul still comes out from time to time in interviews. Let's hope the attacks continue to be on Newt because RP has this!

MrTudo
12-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Newt Gingrich's is a TRAITOR. Some offenses against the American people:
-Voted for the creation of the Federal Dept. of Education in 1979 under Jimmy Carter
-Big supporter of Foreign Aid - including Russia and China
-In one year (1994-1995) Gingrich voted for nearly $45 billion in foreign aid.
-He helped push through Federally-funded loan guarantees to Communist China
-Urged the House to repeal the War Powers Act and give the Presidency more power

Kregisen
12-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Newt Gingrich's is a TRAITOR. Some offenses against the American people:
-Voted for the creation of the Federal Dept. of Education in 1979 under Jimmy Carter
-Big supporter of Foreign Aid - including Russia and China
-In one year (1994-1995) Gingrich voted for nearly $45 billion in foreign aid.
-He helped push through Federally-funded loan guarantees to Communist China
-Urged the House to repeal the War Powers Act and give the Presidency more power

On top of that he is liberal on every issue except abortion...

skyorbit
12-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Even on abortion is supported taxpayer funding to planned parenthood