PDA

View Full Version : "I Think Ron Paul Will End Up Seeing A Surge From This" (Debate) Gov Jennifer Granholm

Xelaetaks
12-11-2011, 02:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa1pT1mJ3UU&feature

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuQONgtqvqE&feature

Karsten
12-11-2011, 02:10 AM
You mean I have to look at Al Gore? I think i'll pass.

AlexG
12-11-2011, 02:11 AM
Al Gore is for the Fed? Big surprise there. I'm glad true progressives like Cenk realize that Ron Paul would be better for the country than the other candidates

Karsten
12-11-2011, 02:13 AM
Al Gore is for the Fed? Big surprise there. I'm glad true progressives like Cenk realize that Ron Paul would be better for the country than the other candidates
Of course. Anytime you need an establishment politician or media hack, picture Al Gore. He's the archetype.

RonPaulCult
12-11-2011, 02:14 AM
What minute in?

bluesc
12-11-2011, 02:15 AM
Al Gore owns the TV network. He can step in and set the agenda to a certain point as much as he likes.

messana
12-11-2011, 02:19 AM
What minute in?

First video. 1:25 in.

jct74
12-11-2011, 02:21 AM
First video. 1:25 in.

yeah, that's the only thing worth watching in the first video. The second video is all about Ron Paul though.

12-11-2011, 02:36 AM
Wow. A LOT of people are going to see this. Current is the biggest network in America!

pauliticalfan
12-11-2011, 02:37 AM
Damn, Al Gore is looking busted. Dude seriously looks off.

The_Ruffneck
12-11-2011, 02:49 AM
Ron Paul wants out of the UN so of course Al Gore isn't a fan.

TheNewYorker
12-11-2011, 02:53 AM
Wow. I've never heard of the current network but this piece is very positive.

BUSHLIED
12-11-2011, 03:00 AM
I agree with the analysis here: Ron's views when you get right down to it, is going to run up against the GOP over the last decade for sure...and there are deep fissures in the GOP...the question is, where do you people go? has Ron shifted the debate, I think he has, it's more of the establishment people in gov, in the gop that are pushing against Paul, not the people in Iowa and that is why Newt is getting the pass...but if that is all that can come up...then Ron has a clear shot running on his record...it's not Pauls problem the gop can't get their act together, it's the gop

Justinfrom1776
12-11-2011, 03:05 AM
Damn, it's too bad all my extra cash is going to Ron... The Moxnews dude deserves some love for digging shit off of Current.. That's dedication!

Muwahid
12-11-2011, 03:23 AM
Cenk is doing a good job it seems, hasn't gone mainstream yet. It's good to see liberals atleast respecting Paul because that's where politics in this country needs to be, mutual respect between parties even if they disagree on certain policies.

row333au
12-11-2011, 03:30 AM
I have to hugely distrust al gore for what he is, surely no one is warming up to his global climate scaming that somehow effect you to change your cap and then trade in your principles to this excruter of CO2 emission charms .... really??? global cooling is cause by global warming??? everyone should feel insulted unless your greening to progress in becoming a sick demi-liberal screaming for eco debts...

brenton
12-11-2011, 03:45 AM
i was at the current launch party in manchester in 2008, was pretty cool. i was underage at the time and fellow RP supporters snuck me in through the back door >_>

bluesc
12-11-2011, 03:50 AM
i was at the current launch party in manchester in 2008, was pretty cool. i was underage at the time and fellow RP supporters snuck me in through the back door >_>

Did you get to meet Al Gore?

CableNewsJunkie
12-11-2011, 03:51 AM
Central banking leads to environmental destruction by incentivizing rampant consumerism, the misallocation of resources, and urban sprawl.

And Al Gore defends it.

enoch150
12-11-2011, 04:11 AM
Wow. A LOT of people are going to see this. Current is the biggest network in America!

Maybe more than you might think. It was the only station with post-debate coverage.

brenton
12-11-2011, 04:14 AM
Did you get to meet Al Gore?
I don't think he was there actually, but I met mike gavel(sp?)

bluesc
12-11-2011, 04:33 AM
I don't think he was there actually, but I met mike gavel(sp?)

Gravel. He's a cool dude (and a self described libertarian now). Shame about some of his awful positions though.

Tinnuhana
12-11-2011, 04:46 AM
Best comment: "He's (Ron's) the only candidate up there who's not at war with himself."

TheNewYorker
12-11-2011, 06:01 AM
I have to hugely distrust al gore for what he is, surely no one is warming up to his global climate scaming that somehow effect you to change your cap and then trade in your principles to this excruter of CO2 emission charms .... really??? global cooling is cause by global warming??? everyone should feel insulted unless your greening to progress in becoming a sick demi-liberal screaming for eco debts...

Well, global warming certainly is real. Or climate change. Whatever you want to call it. Jeeze, it's almost mid December here in NY and we still don't have any snow. We usually have two feet of snow on the ground before mid November. Next week it's supposed to be in the high 40's here, while normally it's in the low 20's for temperature. At this rate it doesn't even look like we are going to have a winter, the first time since at least I've been alive. What about that huge iceberg that broke off the ice shelf and floating to New Foundland? Anyone remember that? How about the fact the continental ice shelfs are rapidly melting.

Yes, global warming does mean global cooling (eventually). Simple explanation - as the ice melts at the poles, it melts into the ocean, causing the average ocean temperatures to drop because now that cold water flows around the world. This eventually causes worldwide air temperatures to drop. But as this all happens, the temperature will fluctuate from year to year, along with weather patterns. And we've certainly had wacky weather the last decade, I'd say. Simple meteorology and science. Whether the current climate change is caused by Humans or just another of Earth's cycles, is anyone's guess. It would be naive to think that with all the factories worldwide and just how much smog is being put out we don't have at least something to contribute to global warming/cooling/climate change.

One thing, we as Ron Paul supporters cannot forget: Ron Paul is not anti-environment. As a Doctor, I'm sure he understands how important it is to be environmentally friendly, for our health, and our children's health. Radiation = bad (fukishima). Pollution = bad. He knows this. Ron Paul merely wants to eliminate the EPA because it's horribly inefficient. It wastes money and does little to actually help anything. Most of the time the EPA just gets bought out by lobbyists. Being anti-EPA does not mean the good doctor is anti-environment. The only thing I like about the EPA is their Radon Maps, which helped me when I was buying a house and finding out which counties in my area had high radon averages. Of course my county was the highest, lol.

hazek
12-11-2011, 06:19 AM
Hahahahahahahaha look at the smug subtle smile on Gore's face at 1:59 in the second video, I bet he's thinking to himself: "what are you crazy bitch talking about, you have no idea, that old guy has zero chance and we together with the media already made sure of it"

EDIT: Bwahahahhaha and then he goes on later in the video spewing the same BS propaganda talking points of ceiling because of foreign policy, FED position, libertarian ideas, ect. ect

Just so obvious.

bluesc
12-11-2011, 06:22 AM
Hahahahahahahaha look at the smug subtle smile on Gore's face at 1:59 in the second video, I bet he's thinking to himself: "what are you crazy bitch talking about, you have no idea, that old guy has zero chance and we together with the media already made sure of it"

I hope you agree that we're going to prove him wrong.

hazek
12-11-2011, 06:26 AM
I hope you agree that we're going to prove him wrong.

I don't. I understand the power the media propaganda machine has over the masses and I know there's 0% chance we can win until this propaganda machine exists.

Xelaetaks
12-11-2011, 06:33 AM
I don't. I understand the power the media propaganda machine has over the masses and I know there's 0% chance we can win until this propaganda machine exists.

Of course we can win. Look how good our orginization is in Iowa. I'm convinced if Newt starts to spiral soon we may just kill it! We've gotten really far without the media helping us and winning will only show how powerful the movement is.

How many people do u know that are enthusiastic about Romney or Gingrich lol

bluesc
12-11-2011, 06:35 AM

Then why are you here? I'm sick of people like you who use your excuses to quit without even trying.

HOLLYWOOD
12-11-2011, 06:52 AM
Michael Shure, the dude with the beard, is a Marxist commie. Normally he puts the hate on Ron Paul anytime he can, but in this case he restrained from derogatory statements because his boss and the panel were neutral or positive about Ron.

TYT's first show, Cenk plugged for Ron as a contender and others agreed, except Shure.

a tweet, duh

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1063989113/tytmsshot_normal.png
michaelshure (https://twitter.com/#!/michaelshure) Michael Shure
Was just hanging at the new @tytontv (https://twitter.com/#!/tytontv) @theyoungturks (https://twitter.com/#!/theyoungturks) @tytoncurrent (https://twitter.com/#!/tytoncurrent) studio with the boss, @algore (https://twitter.com/#!/algore). Pretty cool. He looks exactly like Al Gore.

TheDuke
12-11-2011, 07:00 AM
I met Al Gore once in the European Parlement, at a presentation of his documentary. This guy is a genuine treehugger. I was thinking to myself: How on earth this guy could have been vice-president of the US???

"We need a monetary policy", yeah, so his rich friends can become even richer.

The_Ruffneck
12-11-2011, 07:06 AM
I met Al Gore once in the European Parlement, at a presentation of his documentary. This guy is a genuine treehugger. I was thinking to myself: How on earth this guy could have been vice-president of the US???

"We need a monetary policy", yeah, so his rich friends can become even richer.
USA would have carbon taxes by now if Gore did win in 2000

Dianne
12-11-2011, 07:11 AM
Kewl stuff, let's hope she's right !!

anewvoice
12-11-2011, 07:12 AM
If Al Gore is speaking against Ron Paul, this is a good thing.

Keith and stuff
12-11-2011, 07:13 AM
Al Gore should take better care of his body. Also, he is wrong. FL is winner take all.

Matthew Zak
12-11-2011, 07:16 AM
I'm starting to think this might catch on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_0DHwiIVOU

row333au
12-11-2011, 07:17 AM
Well, global warming certainly is real. Or climate change. Whatever you want to call it. Jeeze, it's almost mid December here in NY and we still don't have any snow. We usually have two feet of snow on the ground before mid November. Next week it's supposed to be in the high 40's here, while normally it's in the low 20's for temperature. At this rate it doesn't even look like we are going to have a winter, the first time since at least I've been alive. What about that huge iceberg that broke off the ice shelf and floating to New Foundland? Anyone remember that? How about the fact the continental ice shelfs are rapidly melting.

Yes, global warming does mean global cooling (eventually). Simple explanation - as the ice melts at the poles, it melts into the ocean, causing the average ocean temperatures to drop because now that cold water flows around the world. This eventually causes worldwide air temperatures to drop. But as this all happens, the temperature will fluctuate from year to year, along with weather patterns. And we've certainly had wacky weather the last decade, I'd say. Simple meteorology and science. Whether the current climate change is caused by Humans or just another of Earth's cycles, is anyone's guess. It would be naive to think that with all the factories worldwide and just how much smog is being put out we don't have at least something to contribute to global warming/cooling/climate change.

One thing, we as Ron Paul supporters cannot forget: Ron Paul is not anti-environment. As a Doctor, I'm sure he understands how important it is to be environmentally friendly, for our health, and our children's health. Radiation = bad (fukishima). Pollution = bad. He knows this. Ron Paul merely wants to eliminate the EPA because it's horribly inefficient. It wastes money and does little to actually help anything. Most of the time the EPA just gets bought out by lobbyists. Being anti-EPA does not mean the good doctor is anti-environment. The only thing I like about the EPA is their Radon Maps, which helped me when I was buying a house and finding out which counties in my area had high radon averages. Of course my county was the highest, lol.

RON PAUL: "A major victory in sanity and market play ... the greatest hoax has been around in many, many years if not hundreds of years has been this hoax on the environment and global warming...do you notice they don't call it global warming, its weather control, but it is a monster

Ron Paul on Fox Business: Global Warming is a Hoax - 11/04/2009 (starts at 06:25 about global warming)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCc5Gk1nops

Ron Paul Answers Global Warming Question at Iowa Straw Poll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vbMly74cZ8&feature=related

Al Gore sued by over 30.000 Scientists for Global Warming fraud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfHW7KR33IQ&feature=related

JohnGalt23g
12-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Al Gore, you're lucky you grew up in a wealthy family that could get you elected to Congress.

Because you really aren't all that bright.

anewvoice
12-11-2011, 07:57 AM
I'm starting to think this might catch on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_0DHwiIVOU

That's awesome!

Sweman
12-11-2011, 08:32 AM

EDIT: Bwahahahhaha and then he goes on later in the video spewing the same BS propaganda talking points of ceiling because of foreign policy, FED position, libertarian ideas, ect. ect

Just so obvious.Someone should put together a video with talking heads who talks about Ron's ceiling. Over time it has been 5%, 8%, 10%, 12% and now maybe 20%. His ceiling is a really flexible construction, I must say.

TheNewYorker
12-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Ron Paul on Fox Business: Global Warming is a Hoax - 11/04/2009 (starts at 06:25 about global warming)

Ron Paul Answers Global Warming Question at Iowa Straw Poll

Al Gore sued by over 30.000 Scientists for Global Warming fraud

I agree with Ron on most all issues, but last I checked he's not a meteorologist or scientist. Are there people profiting off of the global warming frenzy like Al Gore, making it a scam? Yes. But is global warming real? Yes. It's not hard to measure average temperatures from year to year and see that the earth has been rapidly getting warmer and warmer since the industrial revolution.

I can't watch those videos right now that you posted. Does Ron argue that global warming doesn't exist at all? Or does he argue it's not man-made? Or that people just profit off it, like I said?

bluesc
12-11-2011, 08:37 AM
I agree with Ron on most all issues, but last I checked he's not a meteorologist or scientist. Are there people profiting off of the global warming frenzy like Al Gore, making it a scam? Yes. But is global warming real? Yes. It's not hard to measure average temperatures from year to year and see that the earth has been rapidly getting warmer and warmer since the industrial revolution.

I can't watch those videos right now that you posted. Does Ron argue that global warming doesn't exist at all? Or does he argue it's not man-made? Or that people just profit off it, like I said?

Does it really fucking matter?

Koz
12-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Granholm could possibly go down as one of the worst governors in American history. Not sure I put much confidence in anything she says.

anewvoice
12-11-2011, 08:40 AM
Does it really fucking matter?

Exactly, in the grand scheme of things I'd expect this to be handles as a property rights issue, not as a government mandate issue by a Ron Paul administration anyhow. So whether you agree or disagree personally, it's okay since the fed govt is not going to be forcing you to agree.

anewvoice
12-11-2011, 08:40 AM
Granholm could possibly go down as one of the worst governors in American history. Not sure I put much confidence in anything she says.

I was going to note that too, not right about a whole lot here in MI that's for sure. Hoping she's right this time, for once!

UtahApocalypse
12-11-2011, 08:41 AM

The earth got warmer, and colder longer before man were here. Yes we currently have "Global Warming" but it is not man made but part of the natural cycle

Koz
12-11-2011, 08:43 AM

I met the head of the Yale climatology dept. a couple years ago and he told me it is inconclusive whether or not the planet is warming. So this guy is a climatologist and is not buying into it. He said most data published in these reports that show warming were not collected properly. Global Warming is a scham promoted by progressives to control the populace.

PismoPam
12-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Try the great website WattsUpWithThat.com
Plenty of great information to enjoy and distribute.

Jamesiv1
12-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Good grief. Who the heck listens to Al Gore anymore? He's a punchline.

Revolution9
12-11-2011, 09:52 AM

Well aren't you a charming little puffball of negativity. Artificial penis enlargement often gives your kind a better outllook in the mirror. Oh.. I know what you meant, but next time yer throwing spitballs make sure you have your syntax correct.

HTH
Rev9

Revolution9
12-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Someone should put together a video with talking heads who talks about Ron's ceiling. Over time it has been 5%, 8%, 10%, 12% and now maybe 20%. His ceiling is a really flexible construction, I must say.

It is a telescoping structure. Just wait till the next strut comes up and into place.

Rev9

Revolution9
12-11-2011, 09:57 AM

The entire solar system is heating up. All the planets have become hotter. This is because we are going through the densest part of the accretion disc of the milky way. It has nothing to do with cars and factories and everything to do with friction and plasma/electric effects. We are actually heading for a mini ice age and the seasons of fall and spring will blend into a new paradigm of simply winter and summer..

Rev9

neverseen
12-11-2011, 10:50 AM
that 2nd video was great :D

neverseen
12-11-2011, 10:51 AM
The entire solar system is heating up. All the planets have become hotter. This is because we are going through the densest part of the accretion disc of the milky way. It has nothing to do with cars and factories and everything to do with friction and plasma/electric effects. We are actually heading for a mini ice age and the seasons of fall and spring will blend into a new paradigm of simply winter and summer..

Rev9

Sooooo the world will be like florida? Nice.

steph3n
12-11-2011, 11:13 AM

The sarcasm here is coming out the downspout as a torrent :D

seapilot
12-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Did Al show a picture of this?

http://nicedeb.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/man_bear_pig.jpg

anaconda
12-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Damn, Al Gore is looking busted. Dude seriously looks off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbLK4RZDdzI

malkusm
12-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Well, global warming certainly is real. Or climate change. Whatever you want to call it. Jeeze, it's almost mid December here in NY and we still don't have any snow. We usually have two feet of snow on the ground before mid November. Next week it's supposed to be in the high 40's here, while normally it's in the low 20's for temperature. At this rate it doesn't even look like we are going to have a winter, the first time since at least I've been alive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_evidence

The expression anecdotal evidence refers to evidence from anecdotes. Because of the small sample, there is a larger chance that it may be true but unreliable due to cherry-picked or otherwise unrepresentative of typical cases.

Misuse of anecdotal evidence is a logical fallacy and is sometimes informally referred to as the "person who" fallacy ("I know a person who..."; "I know of a case where..." etc. Compare with hasty generalization). Anecdotal evidence is not necessarily representative of a "typical" experience; statistical evidence can more accurately determine how typical something is.

Also, since you live in New York (as I do as well)....how'd you like the snow that we had in late October?

rp08orbust
12-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Well, global warming certainly is real. Or climate change. Whatever you want to call it. Jeeze, it's almost mid December here in NY and we still don't have any snow. We usually have two feet of snow on the ground before mid November. Next week it's supposed to be in the high 40's here, while normally it's in the low 20's for temperature. At this rate it doesn't even look like we are going to have a winter, the first time since at least I've been alive.

Well, global cooling certainly is real. Or climate change. Whatever you want to call it. Jeeze, it's almost mid December here in Melbourne, Australia and we still don't have any sun. We usually have a couple 40+ C days before mid November. Next week it's supposed to be in the high 20's C here, while normally it's in the high 30's C for temperature. At this rate it doesn't even look like we are going to have a summer, the first time since at least I've lived in Australia.

angelatc
12-11-2011, 10:44 PM
Kewl stuff, let's hope she's right !!

ONe big problem is that Granholm is a certified idiot.

ronpaulitician
12-12-2011, 01:45 AM
There is definitely a ceiling on the GOP voters who will agree with Ron on most issues.

But people don't vote based on issues. They vote based on who they think can beat the other team's guy.

If Paul's ceiling is 30% (probably a reasonable number in the GOP), merely reaching that number could be enough to win the whole thing. "I disagree on Israel, but he could win, and I dislike the other team's guy sooo much." Of course, as we all know, once we're talking about the general election, he'd draw all the GOP voters, all the libertarian voters, and all the anti-war voters. Think he polls well against Obama now? Just imagine how he'd poll once GOP voters get behind him.

WD-NY
12-12-2011, 01:53 AM
Someone should put together a video with talking heads who talks about Ron's ceiling. Over time it has been 5%, 8%, 10%, 12% and now maybe 20%. His ceiling is a really flexible construction, I must say.

Great idea - try pinging one of the video creators via youtube

PierzStyx
12-12-2011, 03:52 AM
"And I could be wrong" Yeah, Gore, no kidding. Could be wrong? How about almost always wrong.