PDA

View Full Version : Campaign: "If we don't have a big day on December 16, we'll have to cut back."

qwerty
12-11-2011, 01:07 AM
The Tea Party Money Bomb is coming up soon on December 16th. This will be the last money bomb before the primary season starts.

Grassroots Website: http://www.teaparty11.com
Campaign Pledge Website: http://www.ronpaul2012.com/pages/mbpledge_teaparty.html

We need to make this one big, and Ron Paul's campaign is hoping that it will be, saying in an email today:

You see - even laying aside the importance to my campaign's effectiveness over this final stretch - this isn't just any Money Bomb.

On December 16, 2007 - the anniversary of the 1773 Boston Tea Party - my supporters shocked the political world by raising over $6 million in one single day.

There's no doubt it helped bring us to the point we're at today, where I'm a top-tier contender for the Republican nomination.

But there's something else I must tell you, as well.

Perhaps I shouldn't have. Perhaps it was the wrong thing to do.

But for weeks, I've been telling my campaign staff to pull out all the stops and bank on a big day on December 16.

We've really stepped up the spending over the past month, and we've seen a dramatic leap in the polls as a result.

But, to be frank, if we don't have a big day on December 16, we'll have to cut back.

My campaign could find itself hamstrung at the most critical time.

Those are the facts I need you to understand.

We need to make this as big as possible. Everyone needs to donate AS MUCH AS THEY CAN. We CAN NOT hold back now! Give as much as you can. Please pledge at least $100, or work to get others to donate. Please get your friends and family involved, this is our chance to make a HUGE impact for the beginning of the primary season.

Grassroots Website: http://www.teaparty11.com
Campaign Pledge Website: http://www.ronpaul2012.com/pages/mbpledge_teaparty.html

http://www.dailypaul.com/192001/tea-party-money-bomb-december-16-campaign-wants-us-to-push

I HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR A MONTH EVERYBODY TO STEP UP, I HOPE YOU ALL DO AFTER SEEING THIS!

PLEASE BUMP THE DAILY PAUL TOPIC IF YOU ARE THERE! :)

qwerty
12-11-2011, 01:13 AM
why arenīt this the number one topic ?

THIS IS CRUCIAL LIKE RON PAUL SAYS ? DOES IT MATTER TO YOU WHAT RON PAUL SAYS ?

Czolgosz
12-11-2011, 01:15 AM
I will be donating.

kill the banks
12-11-2011, 01:16 AM
bump

mport1
12-11-2011, 01:16 AM

Yes, please follow Ron Paul's call for help and promote the hell out of this. We cannot have this be a bust.

qwerty
12-11-2011, 01:17 AM
I will be donating.

Awesome!

But this time itīs not enough, we must encourage EVERYBODY TO DONATE!

THIS IS IT PEOPLE! ALL IN! THIS IS THE TIME I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR, WE HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS CLOSE TO WIN THE PRIMARIES!!!

bluesc
12-11-2011, 01:17 AM

Will you relax? You didn't do what Ron Paul said when he asked for money a week ago. Don't try to make people feel guilty when they don't reply to your damn thread.

qwerty
12-11-2011, 01:18 AM
COME ON PEOPLE! THIS IS IT! FOR LIBERTY! :)

Gravik
12-11-2011, 01:19 AM
Keeping this bumped to the top

qwerty
12-11-2011, 01:20 AM
Keeping this bumped to the top

AWESOME!

Last thing we need is them to CUT BACK NOW!

jacmicwag
12-11-2011, 01:23 AM
We'll do at least a million - maybe two or three. Who knows. Calling, posting, and talking to friends/family may do as much or more (good). I may be wrong but I don't think money is ever going to hold us back at this point, one way or the other.

Mckarnin
12-11-2011, 01:26 AM
I sure hope we can do as well as we did on 12/16/2008 but since there has been a more steady stream of donations it would be a stretch unless we get the newbies donating.

Czolgosz
12-11-2011, 01:29 AM
Not that qwerty needs help in this department, but .... http://smiliesftw.com/x/bump.gif

seeknshare
12-11-2011, 01:30 AM
Bump.

mport1
12-11-2011, 01:30 AM
I sure hope we can do as well as we did on 12/16/2008 but since there has been a more steady stream of donations it would be a stretch unless we get the newbies donating.

If so we really need to step it up. I've seen very little promotion for this compared to 2008 or even BTO.

Mckarnin
12-11-2011, 01:36 AM
I know! I remember a new inspirational youtube coming out almost daily promoting the 08'
moneybomb..of course part of the fun was making the designs and everyone hashing out what should be on the crates of "tea" in the various pictures...IRS, the Fed, War, lol. Then of course CNN popped onto the forum and pulled some of our designs for the moneybomb coverage. I was stoked when my Libertea one made it. :-D

Will try to do more promotion. Too bad he'll be on Leno too early for it to be covered but perhaps he'll mention it on the show and people can all go donate afterward. ;-)

qwerty
12-11-2011, 01:38 AM
If so we really need to step it up. I've seen very little promotion for this compared to 2008 or even BTO.

official pledging is going far better than with BTO!

qwerty
12-11-2011, 01:49 AM
THIS SHOULD BE ONE OF THE TOP PRIORITYS!

If we listen the official campaign it should be number one, but even if itīs not number one for you it doesnīt take much effort to tell everybody you about this!

Bergie Bergeron
12-11-2011, 01:57 AM
To those who haven't donated as much because of the way the campaign was done 4 years ago, it's time. He can win, it's within grasp and he needs all the help he can get.

qwerty
12-11-2011, 02:00 AM
We have MILLIONS of supporters this time (last time we got million votes) but only + 100 000 have donated!

WE NEED TO SPREAD THE WORD TO ENCOURAGE MORE PEOPLE TO DONATE! :)

EVERY DOLLAR HELPS!

qwerty
12-11-2011, 02:08 AM
we have HUGE volunteer army here! atleast 10.000 people!

If everyone could just get atleast 10 people to donate! :)

Bergie Bergeron
12-11-2011, 02:09 AM
After that debate performance I hope everyone sees that he's all-in and that your money is not wasted.

Lord Xar
12-11-2011, 02:23 AM
Hit up news story comments... bodybuilding forums ...mma forums.. etc..
Spread the word...... call into shows too!

kusok
12-11-2011, 02:37 AM

:D

Our Ron Paul thread on bodybuilding dot com has 30'000 views, new people asking about where to buy brochures, Ron Paul gear, about his policies, about donating daily. I'm on it. Gotta love that forum, 4'000'000 members...

Justinfrom1776
12-11-2011, 02:48 AM
I'm going all in on this one.. I'm also planning on wrapping up my Christmas shopping at the campaign store on that day.. Hoodies and Cookbooks for everyone!!

Gravik
12-11-2011, 02:59 AM
:D

Our Ron Paul thread on bodybuilding dot com has 30'000 views, new people asking about where to buy brochures, Ron Paul gear, about his policies, about donating daily. I'm on it. Gotta love that forum, 4'000'000 members...
I've created so many Ron Paul threads on bodybuilding dot com :D (jamesMUSCLE is my username)

Banned right now on there so sadly I can't post anything about Ron Paul :(

qwerty
12-11-2011, 04:27 AM
Please post this info to everywhere!!! :)

qwerty
12-11-2011, 05:18 AM

YEAH!!! :)

is anyone doing this now ?

qwerty
12-11-2011, 05:18 AM

YEAH!!! :)

is anyone doing this now ?

centure7
12-11-2011, 06:02 AM
I'm getting sick and tired of the campaign being constantly surprised when they ask us to donate early and then donate less later as a result. They specifically asked for their December 16 money two weeks early. And they got a bit of it. Now they are going to expect a huge day December 16th? What a joke. Its time for them to stop insulting us immediately. The money bomb will be half the size because they asked us to give half of it early. Period.

qwerty
12-11-2011, 06:04 AM
I'm getting sick and tired of the campaign being constantly surprised when they ask us to donate early and then donate less later as a result. They specifically asked for their December 16 money two weeks early. And they got a bit of it. Now they are going to expect a huge day December 16th? What a joke. Its time for them to stop insulting us immediately. The money bomb will be half the size because they asked us to give half of it early. Period.

please, donīt take i like that. they are just trying to rally the troops! :)

i fully understand that they needed one million before cause of the ads...

Matthew Zak
12-11-2011, 06:56 AM
Bump.

It's time to blitz Iowa.

anewvoice
12-11-2011, 07:20 AM

Yeah, it's pretty standard fundraising stuff.

bluesc
12-11-2011, 07:21 AM

It's just firing people up to give as much as possible dude. Relax.

qwerty
12-11-2011, 07:52 AM
BUMP!

Liberty74
12-11-2011, 08:13 AM
I am going to be donating (6th money bomb this year for me) and I have a co-worker who wants to donate but not directly through him. He doesn't have access to the internet except at work and practically everything is blocked. This co-worker just recently got a cell phone that is how cautious/paranoid he is about being tracked. Now I just have to convince him to registered to vote. Anyway, he is all Ron Paul.

Does anyone know if you are allowed to group money donations legally?

trey4sports
12-11-2011, 08:18 AM
I am going to be donating (6th money bomb this year for me) and I have a co-worker who wants to donate but not directly through him. He doesn't have access to the internet except at work and practically everything is blocked. This co-worker just recently got a cell phone that is how cautious/paranoid he is about being tracked. Now I just have to convince him to registered to vote. Anyway, he is all Ron Paul.

Does anyone know if you are allowed to group money donations legally?

it is illegal to do so.

Liberty74
12-11-2011, 08:24 AM

Very true. I wish the campaign was more aggressive in collecting donations. It seems like we do all of the work.

RP Facebook page now has 621,000 people. They should be doing a daily countdown to Dec. 16th over there. Advertise on the Drudge Report. Hit many of the Liberty and Free Market websites as well. I did not watch the debate last night but RP should have dropped teaparty11.com near the end.

"Father of the Tea Party"

ross11988
12-11-2011, 08:26 AM
The goal from December 16th until the caucus should be 5 Million. They should put up the ticker on December 16 and leave it up until the caucus!

bluesc
12-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Wow, those posts were deleted fast.

UtahApocalypse
12-11-2011, 08:29 AM
I am expecting my zazzle store (http://www.zazzle.com/muskman*) payment on the 15th. This is allowing me to double my original amount to donate. Even though not all of my products are Ron Paul, or Liberty related all of the profits are. If I can make more sales in the next month, I will get another check in January or February for another donation stream.

qwerty
12-11-2011, 08:34 AM
I am expecting my zazzle store (http://www.zazzle.com/muskman*) payment on the 15th. This is allowing me to double my original amount to donate. Even though not all of my products are Ron Paul, or Liberty related all of the profits are. If I can make more sales in the next month, I will get another check in January or February for another donation stream.

AWESOME! please ask your friends to donate too! ;)

Okie RP fan
12-11-2011, 08:58 AM
Those of us who can, should ask family to donate as a Christmas gift.

Bergie Bergeron
12-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Those of who can, should ask family to donate as a Christmas gift.
Or give you the money directly if they're not comfortable and you're not maxed out.

Okie RP fan
12-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Or give you the money directly if they're not comfortable and you're not maxed out.

Right. If you've maxed out, you can still buy items from the campaign store, right? And there's always RevPAC.

Bergie Bergeron
12-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Right. If you've maxed out, you can still buy items from the campaign store, right? And there's always RevPAC.
True. Still think the campaign needs the money more at this point for GOTV and keeping ad on the air.

Bergie Bergeron
12-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Pledges almost at $500,000

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/pages/mbpledge_teaparty.html?pid=1210

pauladin
12-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Pledges almost at $500,000

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/pages/mbpledge_teaparty.html?pid=1210

wow. i think this one could be pretty big despite the small amount of promotion.

bolidew
12-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Hoping for a 2MM day.

IterTemporis
12-11-2011, 10:07 AM

Buying from the campaign store counts as a donation, so, no, you cannot.

mczerone
12-11-2011, 10:09 AM

It's a political campaign. It has 2 goals: gain more supporters, and get supporters to give them money.

It's not insulting that they constantly ask for money from us, it's expected. If you haven't maxed out, then you shouldn't be complaining.

Matthew Zak
12-11-2011, 10:12 AM
How can you best utilize the next 4 days?

Okie RP fan
12-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Buying from the campaign store counts as a donation, so, no, you cannot.

Oh, ok. Thanks.

thehighwaymanq
12-11-2011, 10:25 AM
How can you best utilize the next 4 days?

Split your liberty time between calling Iowa and spreading the MB

AmberH
12-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Promoting the campaign pledge page on fb now

Elfshadow
12-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Out of curiosity when does the yearly contribution limit reset?

Bergie Bergeron
12-11-2011, 10:51 AM
I believe it's a limit for the primaries, then another limit for the general.

Bergie Bergeron
12-11-2011, 03:48 PM
big bump.

Nate-ForLiberty
12-11-2011, 03:51 PM

I could be mistaken, but I don't think it's a yearly limit. I think it's limited per campaign cycle. So once you've maxed for Ron's 2012 campaign, that's it.

Bergie Bergeron
12-11-2011, 04:00 PM
I could be mistaken, but I don't think it's a yearly limit. I think it's limited per campaign cycle. So once you've maxed for Ron's 2012 campaign, that's it.
2400$ for the primaries and another 2400$ for the general election.

trey4sports
12-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Hopefully when the start the next round of emails they can use the bachmann bump PPP is hinting at to drive up pledges.

seapilot
12-11-2011, 04:27 PM
My gut feeling is it will be BIG. Why? Because most libertarian type people hate to be told what to do (donating early not on 16th) and many probably were hoping for Nov 5th that never came. To top it off in 08 the guy that set up the pledge page for Nov 5th was selling the emails so people were then paranoid to sign up for Teaparty07. Then the recent fantastic debate performance might have convinced some fence sitters that RP can win.

There will be hundreds maybe thousands that have not donated in this cycle but donated in 08 that will be donating on the 16. Call it a we are back and ready to go again party.

PaulConventionWV
12-11-2011, 08:37 PM
2400$ for the primaries and another 2400$ for the general election.

It's $2500. How do people still not know this?

Bergie Bergeron
12-12-2011, 12:51 AM
bump

cooker263
12-12-2011, 01:20 AM
This last debate performance was fantastic. Hopefully we'll get more people on board.

Make sure to send out a few emails to your friends/family that may be willing to give him some.

I've held back a bit from what I'd have liked to contribute on the last few to make sure I can go big on this one.

Oddone
12-12-2011, 01:29 AM
I think we are already seeing some of the effect of the debate. Raised Today: $92,863 http://paul.depositwiz.com/ - This is since 3AM this past morning.

McDermit
12-12-2011, 01:40 AM
It's $2500. How do people still not know this?
Because 4 years ago, it was $2300.

LibertyProsperity_56
12-12-2011, 01:53 AM
Adjusted for "inflation" now. :)

qwerty
12-12-2011, 03:25 AM
BUMP!

dante
12-12-2011, 06:39 AM
I think we are already seeing some of the effect of the debate. Raised Today: $92,863 http://paul.depositwiz.com/ - This is since 3AM this past morning.

I saw that too. It would be super awesome if those were all new donors.

Feelgood
12-12-2011, 07:42 AM
Honestly, unless some new donator blood comes to the table, 2.5 million will probably be the peak. Doesn't matter how many annoying double/triple posts made by qwerty, it wont change anything. Hopefully the recent debate will bring in the new blood we need. The rest of us are pretty much tapped, and moneybombs are more bombs then money any more. I still think sending in what you can, as you can is the better way to go.

dante
12-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Honestly, unless some new donator blood comes to the table, 2.5 million will probably be the peak. Doesn't matter how many annoying double/triple posts made by qwerty, it wont change anything. Hopefully the recent debate will bring in the new blood we need. The rest of us are pretty much tapped, and moneybombs are more bombs then money any more. I still think sending in what you can, as you can is the better way to go.

I'm still cautiously optimistic. The last two money bombs its taken several emails from the campaign to get over 500k in official pledges. This time around they have over 500k pledged after only one email. I'm hoping they'll send out another email a day from here on out. It should get us to 1.5 million in pledges before the actual donation day. Then we'll see. Ask for your Christmas presents early - and ask for them to be donations to Dr. Paul!

Bergie Bergeron
12-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Important bump.

qwerty
12-12-2011, 09:47 AM

why you need to insult me ?

sailingaway
12-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Honestly, unless some new donator blood comes to the table, 2.5 million will probably be the peak. ... Hopefully the recent debate will bring in the new blood we need. The rest of us are pretty much tapped, and moneybombs are more bombs then money any more. I still think sending in what you can, as you can is the better way to go.

Ron has been gathering more supporters, so hopefully they will realize this is make or break time.

JK/SEA
12-12-2011, 10:47 AM
why you need to insult me ?

it makes him ..feelgood...

keep at it qwerty. we need more like you. i expect a great donation day.

Bergie Bergeron
12-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Nothing better than this thread title for people to see how important this is.

skyorbit
12-12-2011, 10:06 PM
I'm afraid a lot of us are feeling like we have Iowa in the Bag. That's not true.I would hate to loose because we didn't do everything we could. The Campaign needs $6 Million. Perry's goign to be spending about $50 Million between his superPAC and himself. We need to be able to outspend him. Our fundraising has been literrally dismall this time around compaired to 4 years ago. We desperately need that fundraising and energy combined w/ our newfound might, numbers, and organization.

Besides I want to Dominate Iowa, not just win it. I want to get 50%.

Oddone
12-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Our fundraising has been much better. Not in a single money bomb, but over all we have raised much more and take in much more on non-money bomb days.

neverseen
12-12-2011, 10:19 PM
LOTS of supporters on the politics section of your local craigslist. TONS of new blood on there that are not on facebook or RPF. WE NEED NEW BLOOD!

bolidew
12-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Big $$$ guys like Romney/Perry hasn't really bothered to run negative ads against Ron yet. I guess the campaign does need a lot more cash to defend those coming...

qwerty
12-13-2011, 05:26 AM
BUMP!

William R
12-13-2011, 05:52 AM
bump

Carole
12-13-2011, 06:09 AM
I agree this needs to be a big day. Glad to see the daily contributions have been nice, but I agree that we need to win Iowa and win it BIG! A small win will be marginalized completely.

Even though it hurts I will dig deep. :)

rich34
12-13-2011, 07:56 AM
Any chance on getting the two new football supporters to come out in support of this money bomb? And maybe they can convince a ton of their rich nfl friends to do the same! Get those guys and military guys and we could really raise a ton of money..

skyorbit
12-13-2011, 03:18 PM
We need a $6 Million Day or Better.

trey4sports
12-13-2011, 03:19 PM
We need a $6 Million Day or Better.

yeah that would be nice.... but i dont think it will happen. If we got 2 million I'd be happy. 3 million would be incredible!!

PaulConventionWV
12-14-2011, 12:12 AM

Uh, it's been 2011 for a while now... just in case you missed it.

Bergie Bergeron
12-14-2011, 06:19 AM
bump

trey4sports
12-14-2011, 06:24 AM
The attacks are COMING! We need to get the campaign PLENTY of money to fight off the baseless claims that are on their way.

pauladin
12-14-2011, 06:35 AM
after this moneybomb, we should have a moneybomb scheduled right after iowa.

dante
12-14-2011, 07:03 AM
after this moneybomb, we should have a moneybomb scheduled right after iowa.

I think if we win IA donations will come in fast and furious.

trey4sports
12-14-2011, 07:04 AM
it will be a spontaneous moneybomb after Iowa. Not planned.

Bergie Bergeron
12-16-2011, 01:10 PM
In case anyone needed more motivation.

squirekyle
12-16-2011, 01:19 PM
bump

blakjak
12-16-2011, 01:28 PM
it will be a spontaneous moneybomb after Iowa. Not planned.

let's plan a spontaneous one! ;)

Chrysamere
12-16-2011, 01:29 PM
1.5 MILLLLION DOLLARS

Keep promoting and donating!

sevin
12-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Dang, I think I'll donate again after seeing this.

pen_thief
12-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Guys, these are very hard times for my family. My mom just got diagnosed with cancer, my job pays little to nothing, and we can barely afford our groceries.
However, we've been spreading the word everywhere about Ron Paul, got our front window decked out with a huge "RON PAUL 2012" and Christmas lights, along with the bumper sticker. We've donated to two money bombs and gave the most we could. I know Ron Paul would understand, but I thank all of you who are helping out right now :) I'm off to post a video of Ron Paul with a reminder about the moneybomb on Facebook!

xRedfoxx
12-16-2011, 02:09 PM
No cutting back this week!! Great job everyone!!!! And thank those of you that continue to post videos, blog on other sites, blockwalk, hand out stickers, and those that are becoming delegates!!

libertygrl
12-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Guys, these are very hard times for my family. My mom just got diagnosed with cancer, my job pays little to nothing, and we can barely afford our groceries.
However, we've been spreading the word everywhere about Ron Paul, got our front window decked out with a huge "RON PAUL 2012" and Christmas lights, along with the bumper sticker. We've donated to two money bombs and gave the most we could. I know Ron Paul would understand, but I thank all of you who are helping out right now :) I'm off to post a video of Ron Paul with a reminder about the moneybomb on Facebook!

Good luck to you. There are lots of Americans hurting right now. We do what we can. The point is DO SOMETHING! And you are clearly doing that in a creative way. Every little bit helps! :)