PDA

View Full Version : GOP debate: Newt Gingrich survives, Rick Perry and Ron Paul score

WIwarrior
12-10-2011, 11:12 PM
hxxp://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/12/10/gop-debate-newt-gingrich-survives-rick-perry-and-ron-paul-score/

Paul had a particularly good debate, although he probably won’t get much credit for it from the national media. It’s hard to fathom why he’s not more of a target – -he’s running second in the polls of Iowa caucusgoers. He’s running an attack ad against Gingrich and repeated his claims the former speaker is a hypocrite. Yet, both Perry and Romney praised Paul when asked what they’ve learned from other candidates during this race.

Oddone
12-10-2011, 11:15 PM
No need to break this link. Good Article.

InTradePro
12-10-2011, 11:17 PM
http://http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/12/10/gop-debate-newt-gingrich-survives-rick-perry-and-ron-paul-score/

Legend1104
12-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Good points. I will say one thing. I think it is best that Dr. Paul has not been at the top of polls for one simple reason. He would be destroyed. I agree with most all his positions, but we all know that a lot of issues are so ill with main stream republican voters that if he was ever truely attacked on them, then he would have a hard time staying high. If he is ever to rise it is definitely best to do it starting with a win in Iowa. That way, by the time we are up and all of these touchy issues start to come up, most of our anti-Romney replacements has already dropped out and it is really too late.

matt0611
12-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Good points. I will say one thing. I think it is best that Dr. Paul has not been at the top of polls for one simple reason. He would be destroyed. I agree with most all his positions, but we all know that a lot of issues are so ill with main stream republican voters that if he was ever truely attacked on them, then he would have a hard time staying high. If he is ever to rise it is definitely best to do it starting with a win in Iowa. That way, by the time we are up and all of these touchy issues start to come up, most of our anti-Romney replacements has already dropped out and it is really too late.

I agree, I think its better that Ron flies under the radar for now until its too late for the media to stop him.

Fermli
12-10-2011, 11:27 PM

incorrect assessment. Paul is the only one in the race who isn't a hypocrite, and can defend his positions. If people got to know more about him and his positions, he would do better, not worse.

Also, Paul doesn't really lose supporters like the other candidates. Once he rises, he won't fall. People don't support Paul before they understand him. You can't say that for any other of these candidates.

Karsten
12-10-2011, 11:29 PM
I don't care whether he rises or not as long as we WIN IOWA.

asurfaholic
12-10-2011, 11:30 PM
My Norton blocks that site hard.... Wonder why..