PDA

View Full Version : Rick Santorum Will Santorum get pushed next?

gmc1988
12-10-2011, 10:42 PM
I am anxious to see if Santorum gets pushed next. I have stated that the reason why I don't believe Santorum has gotten the media push that other candidates have gotten is because he could explode like Huckabee did last election. Huckabee was pushed, in my view, solely to distract people from Ron and destroy the momentum he was starting to get around October/November 2007. Santorum is a lot like Huckabee, the only difference is Santorum doesn't have as much charisma. Huckabee was not an establishment candidate, and his support exploded to the point that he became a legitimate threat. He was marginalized after winning Iowa, though, and no longer received the front runner treatment. I think that Santorum would catch on big time with Evangelical voters with a media push, just as Huckabee did. I don't for a second believe that Santorum could get the same amount of support that Huckabee did, but I think that he could be similar to Huckabee in the sense that a non-establishment approved candidate could catch on and hurt the establishment's "golden boys." I know that this primary is all about keeping Ron from winning the nomination, but I also think that the PTB are trying hard to keep people that they don't approve of from getting too much momentum, and I think that Santorum fits that description.

Rant over, do you think that Santorum will get a push in the next few weeks leading in to Iowa?

gmc1988
12-10-2011, 10:43 PM
For the record, I am NOT saying that Santorum is a candidate that could have a good chance of winning with a media push, of course he wouldn't. I'm just making the point that Santorum COULD catch on like Huckabee did last time, and I don't think the establishment wants that to happen.

Agorism
12-10-2011, 10:44 PM
No time. Newt is heavily favored on intrude in iowa

gaazn
12-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Definitely. Santorum will surprise in Iowa. He personally visited places no one else would go.

pauladin
12-11-2011, 10:52 AM
nah. i don't think he'll get better than 4th in iowa. he's been all over the state in probably hundreds of meetings with voters, but hardly anybody shows up to his events (sometimes less than ten people at each stop). it's too late for him to get a push. this is newt's month.

randomname
12-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Santorum does not have the star quality that the other Flavors of the Month had. Out of all the candidates still in the race, Santorum is the least electable.

Other candidates might get little bumps from now on, but no meteoric rises anymore. They are out of new candidates to pump up. Just Huntsman, if he does well in NH.

Give me liberty
12-11-2011, 11:09 AM
No time. Newt is heavily favored on intrude in iowa

He is? well then if is, his almost broke and i am not seeing any huge fanbase support for him, expect few on SH forums and that other one but thats it.

Aratus
12-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Assuming Rick Santorum gets the media push assumes there is this undefinable
something about him that readily & happily leads into & leans into the media push.

COpatriot
12-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Mixture could do very well in the warmongering Christian voting block. His problem is his weak campaign. Almost no money and no solid support base like we have outside of a few mindless Glenn Beck listeners. He may perform well in Iowa, but I sincerely doubt any flame he picks up there will last through New Hampshire.

ShaneEnochs
12-11-2011, 11:18 AM
I think Santorum will garner more support in Iowa than most expect, but only from those outlying rural counties where no one else has bothered to show up at. I don't think it's going to make a difference in the caucuses though. To caucus for someone in -10 degree weather, you've got to really, really want your candidate to win. I think there are many in Iowa who like Santorum, but not enough to caucus for him. I know there are many in Iowa who will probably support Gingrich in a soft way because he's being pushes by the MSM, but can you really see anyone being excited over him the way people were excited over Cain? I can't.

If it's a very cold day in Iowa come time for the caucus, Ron Paul people will show up in droves. I don't know if that can be said for any of the other candidates.

InTradePro
12-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Rant over, do you think that Santorum will get a push in the next few weeks leading in to Iowa?

Not at all. Santorum doesn't service a purpose to be pushed up and has little support himself. If anything the push will be for Huntsman in NH, as Huntsman has money and backing.

milo10
12-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Legitimate concern. I think he just has too little charisma and is a little too whiny. I would have been worried more about Bachmann if she hadn't peaked last summer, but now she is kind of yesterday's news.

We could see small surges for Michelle and the two Ricks, but I'm guessing they would come out of Newt's support.

I'm okay with that. :D

Sola_Fide
12-11-2011, 12:14 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Santorum and Bachmann surprise the polls on Jan 3rd. Newt is going to take some heavy hits in the next couple weeks and Santorum has been campaigning hard in Iowa.