PDA

View Full Version : Should we get prepared for Bachmann in Iowa?

rich34
12-10-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm just throwing this out there because I could see the establishment using her to try and cut into Paul's support in an attempt to head him off just as they did in the Ames Straw poll. She's done stole tons of Ron's talking points domestically and then tries to be the hardest of neocons when it comes to foreign policy. He claim that she is the "only" consistent conservative is getting old and she knows she's lying right through her highschool cheerleading teeth. ABC didn't do us any favors either when they kept panning over to her husband for whatever reason, maybe he's got connections in Iowa?

Rand needs to get out there as soon as possible to head off her so called tea party support and get those folks lined up behind Ron as the only real deal and the only one they can trust with their vote. I could just be fretting, but we're to close to let this thing slip away. And I'm not buying the abcnews commentators post debate acting as if Newt came out smelling like a rose. I thought both he and Romney took a beating in this debate and should be reflecting in the polls soon. These people will spread out to Paul, Bachmann, Perry and to a lesser extent Sanotorum. What do you guys think?

RonPaul101.com
12-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Bachmann is the zit that mostly disappears but takes a year to completely go away... That said, there's no need for an anti-Bachmann campaign at this point (why punch down?), we just need to focus on turning out the vote in Iowa and doing well there.

asurfaholic
12-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Bachmann ruined whatever credibility she may have gained right there towards the end. Anybody watching her debate could detect the pure phoniness of her rehearsed answers. A simple Grassroots tube effort could bring it home if need be. She is not "of substance" and her fall from the front of the pack is further evidence of this. People really don't like her much..

WIwarrior
12-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Bachmann hurts Newt alot which I think helps us in the long run. We need to take Newt out so we can win NH and have a shot at winning SC. Bachmann helps us IMO.

milo10
12-10-2011, 10:25 PM
A valid concern. I could be wrong, but I tend to think of Bachmann and Perry as yesterday's news, and neither Santorum nor Huntsman are going to happen. But, if all those candidates surged a little, with Bachmann, Perry, and Santorum stealing some of Newt's momentum, and Huntsman maybe taking a little bit of Romney's, we would be much better off.

Ron easily won the debate, but Bachmann, Perry, and possibly Rick all probably raised their stock tonight. Newt looked awful, and a bad debate destroys him, because that is what everyone expects from him...the guy who is going to talk rings around Obama.

rich34
12-10-2011, 10:27 PM
You're probably right. I'm not saying to go ahead and start punching down, I'm just saying to be ready for whatever may arise in Iowa. I do not believe that Newt's support in Iowa is as strong as they want us to believe due to the fact that his organization is simply weak and not there. Bachmann's however they might be able to work with especially if they use her supporters to team up with either Romney or Gingrich to defeat Paul. Kerry and Edwards pulled this tactic in 04 to defeat Howard Dean. Man I hope Dec. 16th is HUGE!

milo10
12-10-2011, 10:28 PM
I thought Bachmann did very well until the end, when she gratuitously brought up Hermann Cain in a poorly timed bid to pick up his supporters.