PDA

View Full Version : Dirt! - Ron Paul once supported the government printing money! .. (he was 7 years old)

FrankRep
12-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Ron Paul Proposes Interesting Salary For Himself As President (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/10/ron-paul-proposes-interes_n_1140723.html)

huffington post
12/10/11

GREENVILLE, N.C. -- Long before he discovered Friedrich Hayek and other free-market economists, Ron Paul got a lesson in sound money from his oldest brother, Bill.

It was the height of World War II, and the Paul boys were laying aside quarters from their Pittsburgh Press routes and pooling pennies earned from pulling dirty milk bottles off the line at the family dairy to buy war bonds. One day, Ronnie suggested what was, in retrospect, a rather Keynesian solution: "Why doesn't the government just PRINT this money?"

"Well," Bill responded, "then the money wouldn't have any value."

Bill was 10. Ron was about 7.

Washington bureaucrats, Paul says now, "would like it to be complicated, and that we have to accept this complex monetary system of the Federal Reserve. But it's no more complicated than two little kids talking ..."

iamse7en
12-10-2011, 05:01 PM
I always knew he was a globalist tool. You can always find the skeletons if you look hard enough. Thanks to HuffPo.

robertwerden
12-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Kinda choked me up a bit to think the man had been nearly 70 years in the making from the time he woke up and saw the truth.

asurfaholic
12-10-2011, 05:40 PM
greenville! Thats right down the road from me... IM FAMOUS!

Seriously though, this is pure dirt, we should send it to Newt to use against Ron...

keh10
12-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Really good article. No love in the comments, though.