PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is Entertaining

ShaneEnochs
12-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Hopefully I'm not the only one, but I find Ron incredibly entertaining to watch and listen to. Not entertaining the way a comedian is entertaining, but when I watch and listen to him, I feel entertained. Like my attention doesn't really drift. I want to listen to what he has to say.

I was an Obama supporter back in '08. I was entertained by him as well, but it's different with Ron. Obama entertained me by how inspiring his speeches were. While Ron's speeches are inspiring, let's face it, he doesn't know how to deliver lines like Obama.

But I don't know what it is. I can't get enough of him. Maybe I'm addicted. Anyone else feel that way?

ronpaulitician
12-10-2011, 04:25 PM
It's because he speaks his mind instead of rehearsed answers. Honesty is sexy.

eric4186
12-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Hopefully I'm not the only one, but I find Ron incredibly entertaining to watch and listen to. Not entertaining the way a comedian is entertaining, but when I watch and listen to him, I feel entertained. Like my attention doesn't really drift. I want to listen to what he has to say.

I was an Obama supporter back in '08. I was entertained by him as well, but it's different with Ron. Obama entertained me by how inspiring his speeches were. While Ron's speeches are inspiring, let's face it, he doesn't know how to deliver lines like Obama.

But I don't know what it is. I can't get enough of him. Maybe I'm addicted. Anyone else feel that way?

yes exactly. I should be studying for finals yet here I am watching Ron Paul videos on youtube and reading ronpaulforums. I think I need help...

pauliticalfan
12-10-2011, 04:41 PM
I've heard people say this before. Personally I don't understand it, but I take it as a good thing. Means people are more likely to his message. The only time I've been "entertained" by something he's said before is when he said the government wants to persecute you for *turns voice real quiet and speaks out the side of his mouth* "smoking marijuana and cee-garettes." Something about the way he said it was really funny.

Spikender
12-10-2011, 04:46 PM
I've heard people say this before. Personally I don't understand it, but I take it as a good thing. Means people are more likely to his message. The only time I've been "entertained" by something he's said before is when he said the government wants to persecute you for *turns voice real quite and speaks out the side of his mouth* "smoking marijuana and cee-garettes." Something about the way he said it was really funny.

I think the main reason it's so entertaining for people to hear Ron Paul speak is because we know he's not bullshitting us like just about every other politician does. It's refreshing to hear the "opposing" voice, in this case Ron Paul is the opposing voice to big government. All day we hear politicians talk about freedom out of one side of their mouth while screaming about bombing foreign countries into submission or how we have to have more counter-terror measures at home. Ron Paul is our break for the day, the guy who tells us what he believes and what he'll do to cure our ailments.

That's why I find him entertaining. I also find Rand Paul and Nigel Farage from the UK entertaining to listen to, for the same reasons.

Sweman
12-10-2011, 04:49 PM
I saw this today and had to replay his reaction at 00:04 three times because it was so entertaining. Note the little head twist.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kf6CjcJBeM

ShaneEnochs
12-10-2011, 04:56 PM
I think the main reason it's so entertaining for people to hear Ron Paul speak is because we know he's not bullshitting us like just about every other politician does. It's refreshing to hear the "opposing" voice, in this case Ron Paul is the opposing voice to big government. All day we hear politicians talk about freedom out of one side of their mouth while screaming about bombing foreign countries into submission or how we have to have more counter-terror measures at home. Ron Paul is our break for the day, the guy who tells us what he believes and what he'll do to cure our ailments.

That's why I find him entertaining. I also find Rand Paul and Nigel Farage from the UK entertaining to listen to, for the same reasons.

I freaking love Nigel. Sometimes I have to close my eyes or not watch the video, though, because I find it so awkward how harsh he is (and rightfully so) on people sitting all around him. He has more courage in his pinky nail than I'll ever have.

Jingles
12-10-2011, 05:01 PM
I think I've watched every single Ron Paul interview and speech in existence (That has been videotaped and put on the internet at least). I always want more, but since there aren't anymore I watch mises.org lectures or something. I'm starting to run out of those too.

I just can't get enough of liberty ;)

Spikender
12-10-2011, 05:09 PM
I freaking love Nigel. Sometimes I have to close my eyes or not watch the video, though, because I find it so awkward how harsh he is (and rightfully so) on people sitting all around him. He has more courage in his pinky nail than I'll ever have.

I know, but I just can't get enough of him. He's harsh and ridiculing style is so biting and sometimes hard to watch, but he knows exactly what to say and always makes perfect sense.

EuRa
12-10-2011, 05:23 PM
It's because he speaks his mind instead of rehearsed answers. Honesty is sexy.
This.

Honesty is refreshing. And you know he's honest because he has a LONG voting history to back it up.

robert9712000
12-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Hes entertaining because freedom is addictive,once you recognize what it is you want more.

No Free Beer
12-10-2011, 05:30 PM
I feel as though I am addicted as well. It's the truth. Anytime you hear the truth, even about things that you wish you didn't hear...once you take a deep breath...it just becomes refreshing. You know the problems and you then get ready to face them. That is how great the truth is.

Ron Paul: Eat. Sleep. Win.

wgadget
12-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Funny, that's the exact word someone in Iowa used to describe Ron in that article on the top of Drudge right now: entertaining.

Feeding the Abscess
12-10-2011, 05:44 PM
It's his "COME AT ME BRO" arms-in-air-at-his-sides gestures.

jct74
12-10-2011, 05:49 PM
I don't know about finding Ron Paul entertaining, but Ron Paul's supporters I find very entertaining. Some of the drama that goes on on this board is pretty hilarious, and Ron Paul supporters are always doing clever things that just about make me die laughing, like all those book reviews after Dick Morris trashed Ron Paul and hung up on Schiff was some of the funniest shit I ever read.

PierzStyx
12-10-2011, 05:50 PM
I saw this today and had to replay his reaction at 00:04 three times because it was so entertaining. :)

I LOVE his joking with the Austin guys at the end too. He is just so personable and at ease with himself. Tts awesome to see someone so freaking GENUINE.

Hyperion
12-10-2011, 06:14 PM
I'm the same way. He has a dry entertaining way about him that's difficult to explain. It's no frills but it works. I do like it when Ron gets riled up some, i.e. the South Carolina debate about legalizing drugs.

wgadget
12-10-2011, 06:15 PM
///

Sweman
12-10-2011, 06:16 PM
I LOVE his joking with the Austin guys at the end too. He is just so personable and at ease with himself. Tts awesome to see someone so freaking GENUINE.I totally agree.

wgadget
12-10-2011, 06:16 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/12/ron-paul-draws-big-crowds-and-many-undecided-voters-in-iowa/

The 12-term congressman has long done well with college students and drew another 700 mostly college students the following night at the University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls.
“He likes to do what he says – he says what he means – he doesn’t beat around the bush – he’s kind of entertaining to watch,” said Iowa State University student Mario Winburn.
Winburn said that he appreciates Paul’s consistency on issues ranging from abortion to the debt ceiling.
He also likes that Paul “doesn’t play politics,” said Winburn.

Sweman
12-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Here is another little joke I enjoyed at the time. Comes at 1:38, start watching at 1:25.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkWQIpG7Th8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkWQIpG7Th8

Steve-in-NY
12-10-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm so glad the early states are so close. I swear my wife was going to leave me if it was any longer. I'm totally addicted.