PDA

View Full Version : Here we go!! Compromise for 15th and 16th

SwordOfShannarah
11-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Hey all- thanks for all the feedback and discussions. I've tried to get through as many threads as I can and I think we have a good solution that will allow everyone to promote and work with their favorite idea without sacrificing either date.

Three websites.

WeekendOfLiberty.com

TeaParty07.com

RightsRally07.com

Weekend of liberty will be very simple. It will link to the two other websites and provide a general description of the theme for the weekend. The other two sites will have a link to WeekendOfLiberty.com so this site probably doesn't need to be promoted. (Promoting the other two will allow visitors to find WeekendOfLiberty.com through the link back to it.)

TeaParty07.com will be all about the fund raising drive. The graphics being made for it look awesome!! I'll get the site going by tonight/tomorrow, create the link code for banners (please feel free to make more) and people can begin promoting it. We'll keep it just as simple as the last time- a sign up form for pledges. I'd like to keep it at $100 again. Everyone knew if they didn't have the $100 they could still donate anyway and basically.. it worked.

RightRally07.com will be about Bill of Rights Day and all of the MeetUp Activities/ Sign bombs, and whatever else we can think of. (Ron Paul Yard Sales, et). It will have it's own banners, etc. I'm not sure how to get "pledges" for it yet. I do know some programming and perhaps with some help we can make a community out of it.

The very cool part about it is the site will also promote MeetUp groups, it would be great to see the MeetUp numbers swell!!

So there you have it. Now everyone can push whatever is most important to them and we can capitalize on the symbolism of both dates.

Sound like a plan? Please vote in the poll. If you've got questions lets try to work them out in the thread.

qwerty
11-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Sounds good to me!

We need to get teaparty07.com online ASAP, time is money....:p

jgmaynard
11-07-2007, 02:56 PM
That essentially what I've been saying all along, so I vote yes. :D LOL.

Of course, I'd still like to see a small donation pledge as well on the BoR Day's site (say, $17.91), just to raise the total # of donors for that weekend.

JM

SwordOfShannarah
11-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Please VOTE!!!

And yes - these ideas are grabbed from the threads... :)

yoshimaroka
11-07-2007, 02:58 PM
That's what I was thinking.

If you need graphics for any site, lemme know.

SwordOfShannarah
11-07-2007, 02:59 PM
That's what I was thinking.

If you need graphics for any site, lemme know.

Absolutely! You made the ThisNovember5th.com graphics. You Rock!!

jblosser
11-07-2007, 02:59 PM
I'll vote "yes" for anything you suggest, you're the one doing the work, you get to drive. :-P

yoshimaroka
11-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Suggestion…
WeekendOfLiberty.com should be divided in two columns. The first should be for TeaParty07.com(Saturday), the second should be for RightsRally07.com(Sunday).

Under each there should be simple previews of pledges, meetups…etc.

SwordOfShannarah
11-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Suggestion…
WeekendOfLiberty.com should be divided in two columns. The first should be for TeaParty07.com(Saturday), the second should be for RightsRally07.com(Sunday).

I agree- except just flip the dates. Dec 16th is Teaparty, 15th bill of rights day- not sure if it will matter for the graphics..

jgmaynard
11-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Suggestion…

Now I am FRIEGHTENED>>>

I had a dream last night about the sites and that is EXACTLY how I pictured it (except Sat/Sun as Sword suggested). :)

I don't suppose... anyone else has pictured a pic of the Bill of Rights that goes full color when another donation comes in then starts to face to grayscale as time goes on til another donation comes in... Has anybody? :)

JM

KewlRonduderules
11-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Swords,

I think it is an excellent idea. I think the admin on the site originally posted the idea out there last night.

Glad you are following through.

:)

qsecofr
11-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Love it!

Just like to add an idea to the teaparty site. I liked having everybody pledge 100 for the nov5 push but also like the ability to appeal to more for the 16th drive.

If they break out the total # of people for each amount of donations (25,50,100,etc) and make that count very prominent it will allow others to register if they don't have $100 while encouraging other who might be on the fence to bump up the pledge a notch if they were only going to give $10,$15. Kinda like the snowball concept.

Also if people can change their pledge amount many will try to even out the different tiers and most likely go higher in the end. Plus we can start stuff like a $2000 club and other gimmicky things to show how broad a base of support we are drawing. It will probably match a bell curve for the most part and will encourage everyone to get on board while not taking away from the main thrust.

To break 6Mill we are going to need a lot of fresh blood and if they see there name and $25 will make a difference I think most will signup just to be a part of the "history in the making" event. Plus the people who will donate but not signup will gravitate toward the majority denomination amount which should be around $100,$150.

Having a user logon and "saving account for Ron" might be interesting too, people could incrementally increase there pledge as the day draws closer... I just skipped going to subway for lunch so kicked the pledge up $5 dollars etc. I saw some threads about dieting for Ron or yard sales for Ron and that sorta concept could be tapped this way.

yoshimaroka
11-07-2007, 03:19 PM
This should be the stage for our international members to participate. An international walk for Ron Paul would grab headlines.

austin356
11-07-2007, 03:22 PM
What I have wanted all along.

qsecofr
11-07-2007, 03:23 PM
This should be the stage for our international members to participate. An international walk for Ron Paul would grab headlines.

The international meetup groups are growing and this would be an excellent tie in, we get press at home and abroad over the week like Kerry was doing. Google news could go ballistic with articles.

austin356
11-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Only thing I would add/change is that the Broad "Weekend for Liberty" site be the one we promote b/c it leads people directly to the other sites.

When promoting something it is better to promote the broad site and then allow people to go from there. It would eliminate most/all confusion on the weekend where as if we just direct someone to Teaparty07 it will be confusing as to its connection with the other two sites.

fletcher
11-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Sounds good, but I think the donation amount should be pushed up a little. Even if it was $110 it could mean an addition $350,000. $125 could get Ron a million dollars more. That could be the difference between breaking the record or not.

Bryan
11-07-2007, 03:31 PM
A side benefit of WeekendOfLiberty is that it can be used over and over.... soon, it will be used every week, the way it should be. :)

Keep up the great work everyone- love you guys! :)

austin356
11-07-2007, 03:32 PM
I vote yes. I am finally on the winning side of a poll!!!!

kevman657
11-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Good idea, if you need hosting...let me know. Just purchased a few dedicated servers a couple of weeks ago, guaranteed uptime!

NinjaPirate
11-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Excellent idea! Trevor, you da man!

Alright chums let's do this, LEEEEEERRRRRRRROOOOOYYYYYYYY JEENNNNNNNNKKKKINNNNNSS!!

NewEnd
11-07-2007, 04:07 PM
lets roll

austin356
11-07-2007, 04:10 PM
SoS we have a consensus here; LETS ROLL. [Not the Tide this time:) :)]

Jobarra
11-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Sounds very good to me. Since we'll essentially have a month to do this, anyone have a graphic that might fit on a bumpersticker? I know the slogans are still being thrown around, but something like "TeaParty07.com - Join the Party!" I would be willing to put on the car until the 16th. Still need to get some Ron Paul stickers. Saw another one today. I've seen about 20 of them and seen 1 obama sticker and 1 romney sticker total :)

Edit to add: Is there anyway we can maybe get links to the event ideas so we can have one sticky directory? I'm sure people will want to do different things that day depending on what they can :)

Gimme Some Truth
11-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Hey all- thanks for all the feedback and discussions. I've tried to get through as many threads as I can and I think we have a good solution that will allow everyone to promote and work with their favorite idea without sacrificing either date.

Three websites.

WeekendOfLiberty.com

TeaParty07.com

RightsRally07.com

Weekend of liberty will be very simple. It will link to the two other websites and provide a general description of the theme for the weekend. The other two sites will have a link to WeekendOfLiberty.com so this site probably doesn't need to be promoted. (Promoting the other two will allow visitors to find WeekendOfLiberty.com through the link back to it.)

TeaParty07.com will be all about the fund raising drive. The graphics being made for it look awesome!! I'll get the site going by tonight/tomorrow, create the link code for banners (please feel free to make more) and people can begin promoting it. We'll keep it just as simple as the last time- a sign up form for pledges. I'd like to keep it at $100 again. Everyone knew if they didn't have the $100 they could still donate anyway and basically.. it worked.

RightRally07.com will be about Bill of Rights Day and all of the MeetUp Activities/ Sign bombs, and whatever else we can think of. (Ron Paul Yard Sales, et). It will have it's own banners, etc. I'm not sure how to get "pledges" for it yet. I do know some programming and perhaps with some help we can make a community out of it.

The very cool part about it is the site will also promote MeetUp groups, it would be great to see the MeetUp numbers swell!!

So there you have it. Now everyone can push whatever is most important to them and we can capitalize on the symbolism of both dates.

Sound like a plan? Please vote in the poll. If you've got questions lets try to work them out in the thread.

Yes , sounds good.

I think the WeekendOfLiberty.com being just a single page ,split into 2 sections (both with a small - to the point - piece of text noting 1 is a fundraiser , one is for real world rallying) of 17th century-esque art depicting both events in history, to be a very good idea . Click on 1 section and it takes you to TeaParty07.com , the other section RightsRally07.com . Very simple , only 2 clicks away and allows people to advertise the whole weekend with 1 website aswell as separately.Binds the whole event together nicely . I digg it!

justinc.1089
11-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Ha I have not seen a single bumper sticker for anyone else yet, and I have only seen 1 Romney sign beside a road. I have been seeing a lot of Ron Paul signs though, although I have put a lot of them out myself lol. Ok seriously I have seen a bunch that some other people put out. I'm glad to see everyone is in agreement for the Tea Party idea too, unlike the 5th. This means instead of wasting time trying to change something we can put that time to working on this instead.

I think shirts would be a good idea to get made too along with bumper stickers.

And for the rally we MUST have Tea Party/WFL signs!!! Someone needs to get to work on that ASAP because that is going to be critical to have at the Bill of Rights day rallies promoting the Tea Party donations the next day.

jgmaynard
11-07-2007, 04:25 PM
You DO realize on these forums, "Someone needs to..." is spelled "I am going to..." right? :D

JM

SwordOfShannarah
11-07-2007, 04:38 PM
You DO realize on these forums, "Someone needs to..." is spelled "I am going to..." right? :D

JM

LOL- well said.

Austin
11-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Sounds great to me.

Flirple
11-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Suggestion…

Exactly!

nlke182
11-07-2007, 07:43 PM
I am going to make a pledge drive for Sword for being so awesome and being the second biggest thing to happen to this campaign next to Ron Paul himself.

literatim
11-07-2007, 08:08 PM
RightsRally07.com should be used to organize the meetup groups and list all the groups that have agreed to participate.

JustAnotherV
11-07-2007, 09:01 PM
This is exactly the type of thing I am thinking about and have just been posting a few ideas on for the 15th side of things. This could turn out to be a very strong combination of events plus funds with a strong, relevant, yet also highly "wholesome" message.

bolidew
11-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Is RightsRally07.com in progress? like making a prototype?

Energy
11-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Love it!

Just like to add an idea to the teaparty site. I liked having everybody pledge 100 for the nov5 push but also like the ability to appeal to more for the 16th drive.

If they break out the total # of people for each amount of donations (25,50,100,etc) and make that count very prominent it will allow others to register if they don't have $100 while encouraging other who might be on the fence to bump up the pledge a notch if they were only going to give $10,$15. Kinda like the snowball concept.

To break 6Mill we are going to need a lot of fresh blood and if they see there name and $25 will make a difference I think most will signup just to be a part of the "history in the making" event. Plus the people who will donate but not signup will gravitate toward the majority denomination amount which should be around $100,$150.

It might be good to have a bullet list of choices for dollar amount when people submit their emails to get the under $100 crowd.

When people see the rising count of pledgers, it motivates others to join in. It's called "social proof." They'll say to themselves, "Wow, it's at 35,000 pledges!! All these people are doing this, I don't want to miss out on the fun!"

It gives the sub-$100 crowd a sense of belonging and pride because they can say "One of those pledges is ME!". They're part of the club . No exclusion or "ugly collectivism" just because someone is a "poor college student."

Plus, you can get an approximate running donation total, which can be kept secret.

Just some ideas.

jgmaynard
11-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Is RightsRally07.com in progress? like making a prototype?

I promised I'd get a basic site together. I'll probably start it tomorrow. I like to get one night to think about it before doing a site, and I think I am coming up with a GREAT design in my mind. :D

JM

fightfortruth
11-07-2007, 10:36 PM
I am sure that this question has already been answered but are y'all going to get the emails of everyone that pledged on the 5th so you can tell them about the 16th?

Midnight77
11-07-2007, 10:50 PM
This time, we simply can not be over-promising, such as in $10,000,000 because that gives the Media ammunition to attack us. I'm really surprised they didn't attack us on the 5th for that. You know how they love to draw out the Negatives of any success we have.

We need to shoot for an aggressive yet reasonable goal. I would like to say $6 Million. If we got $4.3 Million last time, and his campaign is gaining momentum everyday, I think $6 Million is aggressive, but achievable. I am convinced by the end of this, we will have more money raised this Quarter than any other GOP Candidate.

I would also like to see the much talked about ...

"No Taxation for Global Occupation"

slogan attached to it. Then, when we are interviewed by the Media, our views on this topic will be prominently displayed to the American people.

As far as the websites and the proposals for each one, I am fully supportive.

We especially need our friends and meetup groups in Massachusetts to put something major together that weekend so the Media will be right there for it all. We have a Big Chance to make this work. No money from lobbyists. Just real, hard-working, Patriotic American citizens. This will truly be a historical election and I am so proud to be standing side by side with all of you.

Thanks for everything you guys do.

austin356
11-07-2007, 10:58 PM
"No Taxation for Global Occupation"

While it is the truth it is not good publicity.

son of liberty
11-07-2007, 11:07 PM
NO TAXACTION THROUGH INFLATION!!!

Also I think the Official Campaign should send out a youtube video for the 16th since this is not "bomb" related. I noticed the press conference about the fifth got 40,000 views!

Action on the 15th, Donate on the 16th

SwordOfShannarah
11-07-2007, 11:15 PM
An update for you all..

I'm trying to get all the domains in place by tomorrow- at first there will just be text, and we'll work out a structure (navigation, what pages to have, etc.). Simplicity is KEY. People are pitching in with graphics (which is great) and I'll add them as they come in. Then we'll have banners and can begin promoting. There is also a very cool video about the TeaParty.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_3LY1UmYhA and I'm sure more will come

I'll use WeekendOfLiberty.com to give the summary of the two dates and a "click here for more" link for each.

Then below that I'll have a list of other events (so we can help launch other projects people are working on). This list will be a little lower on the page and will not distract from the main goal.. it will be more like a links section. And of course there is the list that we will continue to build, that will let us get a message out to everyone at once. We're about 20,000 in the list so far.

More to come..

Adam0980
11-08-2007, 12:10 AM
I think this is a mistake. The object is the donation. Everything should revolve around that. Hence, I think it is bad to point anything else for the weekend on equal footing. We should have the tea party website and then the weekend website for anything else we want to consider.

austin356
11-08-2007, 12:24 AM
I think this is a mistake. The object is the donation. Everything should revolve around that. Hence, I think it is bad to point anything else for the weekend on equal footing. We should have the tea party website and then the weekend website for anything else we want to consider.

That is basically what is proposed:

teaparty07.com is about to go live, focusing only on donations just like thisnovember5th.com did.

terlinguatx
11-08-2007, 12:47 AM

SwordOfShannarah
11-08-2007, 12:18 PM
UPDATE: TeaParty07.com migration:

I changed DNS yesterday but my hosting account required me to modify A records for the additional domains (I forgot!) so I modified those about an hour ago. They told me it would only take a half hour but sometimes they take longer. If it takes another hour I'll call support and see whats up. Hopefully we'll have a site up within a few hours..

Ivanelterrible
11-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Im not crazy about the name teaparty07, but I love the overall concept. And 100 dollars is the perfect suggested amount: its a nice round number, and people know they can always do more (or less).

dfalken
11-08-2007, 12:57 PM
WE know we can always do more or less but I don't agree that the average person out there knows. This fund raiser is already getting MSM attention and will probably continue to get it. We are going to get a bunch of people that had never heard about Dr. Paul or about his grassroots campaign coming to it. I am afraid people will believe $100 is the only amount they can donate and will walk away discouraged. I know this sounds crazy or dumb but it is reality...the average guy who works at McDonalds doesn't think like most of us here and also is not able to donate $100. The media attention this drive will get will be worth more than the total amount we collect. The number of unique donors is a number the media will be ALL OVER just as they were on Nov. 5th. The $1 donor still casts a single vote just like the $2300 donor...We need to make sure we do not drive away a SINGLE $1 voter, we need as large a headcount for the media to report as possible. The total amount will probably surpass 10million there is not much doubt about that, but if we can get 200 or 300 thousand individual donors that will make headlines worldwide.

C'mon guys let's think beyond our little world here...most of us can afford $100 or if not we know we can donate less....the average person out there doesn't necessarily think the way we do and if Ron Paul is to be elected President we HAVE TO bring the average person out there on board.

What is our primary goal? To raise XXX amount on Dec 16th or to get Ron Paul elected? Don't loose track of the goal.

David

Ivanelterrible
11-08-2007, 12:58 PM
So have it say something like "100 dollar donation recommended, but any amount will help."

dfalken
11-08-2007, 01:04 PM
At least something like that and possibly something alluding to the fact that just by being a donor you are helping demonstrate support for Dr. Paul. The mainstream media will be all over the unique head count. We know we can raise money now let's try to raise people.