PDA

View Full Version : DIGG Bans Ron Paul Nation

MrTwisted
11-07-2007, 02:23 PM
click here for the actual article (http://www.giftedtwisted.com/index.php)

According to our sources at Ron Paul Nation, online social news networking site “DIGG” has banned Ron Paul Nation’s account. With no warnings or reasons, DIGG arbitrarily prohibits RPN staff from posting any new articles. Apparently after posting a record amount of Positive Ron Paul mainstream media news coverage and digging each relevant news worthy post, the pro Ron Paul site has been cut off from sharing the positive news with the rest of the Digg culture.

Upon reading more into the Digg culture there are a definite large surge of positive Ron Paul diggers, but more recently there has been a large surge from the members of the “Bury Brigade” as they call themselves who have been burying all Ron Paul related stories that have a positive spin.

Is it possible that since the Digg staffers have not only been recently burying articles with Paul positive diggs in excess of 3000, banning accounts, blocking personal home IP address’s and even going so far as un-digging ALL content from Ron Paul positive news sites that they have non just engaged in
censorship of content, but in a biased all out attack on Pro Ron Paul sites who offer relevant and breaking news about the Congressman from Texas. Paul who is now enjoying an unprecedented amount of grassroots support that is unparalleled by any other Presidential candidate received the largest day of donation in Republican history with 4.2 million dollars from a reported 38,400 donations withing a 24 hour period.

What an interesting co-incidence that within a day after Ron Paul Nation posts video coverage from Fox, CBS, MSNBC, ABCnews, and CNN talking about the incredible donations received on Nov 5th, and Tucker comes out calling Paul a Top Tier candidate, that DIGG Launches their Anti-Paul Attack!

rockwell
11-07-2007, 02:25 PM
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."

M K Ghandi

UtahApocalypse
11-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Digg is a private company, they can do as they please.

jpa
11-07-2007, 02:28 PM
they have anti-collusion rules. They banned my account a few months ago, and I got a personal reply on why they did it.

They detect whenever a large group of accounts digg up stories together, and mostly digg on those stories. They also discourage any kind "everyone go digg this article" type behavior.

So its not Ron Paul specific, but its banning anyone who tries to cordinate efforts to digg articles.

Razmear
11-07-2007, 02:29 PM
They have also blocked all submissions from http://RP4.US which really pissed me off and I've been kinda neglecting the blog as a result.

eb

MrTwisted

So is Fox

JoshLowry
Digg uses an algorithm for their submissions. If links from a certain site are buried repeatedly then that website is banned from being submitted for a certain amount of time.

I'd be almost 100% sure that is the case for the Ron Paul Nation website.

rfbz
11-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Well they're becoming less relevant to Ron Paul's campaign anyway at this point I would think. What Digg user hasn't heard of Ron Paul? That community has pretty much reached the saturation point as far as converting more undecided voters.

MrTwisted
11-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Digg uses an algorithm for their submissions. If links from a certain site are buried repeatedly then that website is banned from being submitted for a certain amount of time.

I'd be almost 100% sure that is the case for the Ron Paul Nation website.

I'm glad I posted the article here b4 I decided to start posting it on reddit etc.

Thanks for you input guys

MrTwisted
11-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Well they're becoming less relevant to Ron Paul's campaign anyway at this point I would think. What Digg user hasn't heard of Ron Paul? That community has pretty much reached the saturation point as far as converting more undecided voters.

Another good point

Pedro TT
11-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Its ridiculous how people on here have such a hard-on for digging stuff. WHO CARES ABOUT DIGG?! Its a waste of time and I do not know of a single person that reads that site. Go out, pass out some flyers or donate some money!

Anti-Donkey
11-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Its ridiculous how people on here have such a hard-on for digging stuff. WHO CARES ABOUT DIGG?! Its a waste of time and I do not know of a single person that reads that site. Go out, pass out some flyers or donate some money!

I discovered Ron Paul through digg.

walt
11-07-2007, 02:35 PM
no comment at this time

conner_condor
11-07-2007, 02:36 PM

Yep, True.. If anyone forgot, We own the net... Ron Paul is the ruler of this cyber space.. We need to own MSM now.... By breaking records and helping the homeless in our community and doing charity work in the name of RP we will own the airwaves also..

Kregener
11-07-2007, 02:37 PM
They go to lengths to conceal their identity too.

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: DIGG.COM
Created on: 20-Feb-00
Expires on: 20-Feb-10
Last Updated on: 13-Mar-07

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration DIGG.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2599

Technical Contact:
Private, Registration DIGG.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2599

Domain servers in listed order:
UDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET
UDNS2.ULTRADNS.NET

Registry Status: clientRenewProhibited
Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited

UtahApocalypse
11-07-2007, 02:43 PM

Your a idiot. Anyone that is a actual Digg user and not just there to try and increase RP diggs knows Kevin Rose is the head of digg. Give me 10 mins I can find more and give you the address and phone numbers. I am a huge RP supporter, but I also am a true digg user that has gotten sick of 90% of the RP crap posted on digg.

angelatc
11-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Yep, True.. If anyone forgot, We own the net... Ron Paul is the ruler of this cyber space.. We need to own MSM now.... By breaking records and helping the homeless in our community and doing charity work in the name of RP we will own the airwaves also..

Yes, but did you see the blog of the woman who attends the Leno show every day? She also blogs every day, so I equate that with being on the internet every day, yet she had not heard of Ron Paul until she showed up at "The Tonight Show" and found a much, much longer line for tickets than she had anticipated.

JoshLowry
11-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Your a idiot.

First off, it's "you're an idiot"....

Second, please do not insult members.

Please read the guidelines: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

Thanks!

conner_condor
11-07-2007, 03:00 PM
First off, it's "you're an idiot"....

Second, please do not insult members.

Please read the guidelines: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

Thanks!

IDIOT= I don't ignore others truths..:D

speciallyblend
11-07-2007, 03:24 PM
well lets ban digg;)

specsaregood
11-07-2007, 03:28 PM

It costs like 6 bucks to "conceal" your identity when you register a domain through them. Hardly "lengths".

I would have banned posts from that site too. A lot of people HERE have called for that user to be banned from posting his blog spam here. I haven't, I just put him on ignore, but the point remains. If people here are sick of the blog spam from that site, imagine the feelings at digg.com