PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] Conan O'Brien plays Ron Paul ad on TV

Wesker1982
12-09-2011, 10:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA7Uw60bnBc

2nd ad could be taken as negative, still funny though. I am pretty sure Conan is a Ron Paul fan. I was watching this thing on TV where he was eating dinner with Larry King and he said one of his biggest pet peeves is when people act like they are entitled to things by virtue of their existence.

amonasro
12-09-2011, 11:00 AM
It's nice they played part of the actual ad, but they basically re-wrote it and played their version that says Ron will give every citizen a rusty pipe to fend off starving marauders after eliminating roads, bridges and welfare. Then they showed him foaming at the mouth. I liked Conan's show before he moved into full establishment mode a la Leno, Letterman, etc.

AdamT
12-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Glowing red eyes at the end. Wow that was horrible.

kylejack
12-09-2011, 11:23 AM
That was hilarious!

Kotin
12-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Made me laugh.. Overall it's a positive for Ron Paul to be a regular figure in the political and pop culture narrative..

fade
12-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Lol i thought it was funny.

Jingles
12-09-2011, 11:32 AM
I laughed. Don't take this so seriously those that would complain. Its a comedy show.

Philhelm
12-09-2011, 01:22 PM
The second ad makes me want to vote for him even more. Walk softly, and carry a rusty pipe.

AGRP
12-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Awesome! This is the first time Ive seen a Paul bit on his show.

It's nice they played part of the actual ad, but they basically re-wrote it and played their version that says Ron will give every citizen a rusty pipe to fend off starving marauders after eliminating roads, bridges and welfare. Then they showed him foaming at the mouth. I liked Conan's show before he moved into full establishment mode a la Leno, Letterman, etc.

We know what side tbs is on (they will hate him regardless) and the fact that they showed the real ad is a huge bonus. By rights, they didnt have to show it. It was probably showed because a staffer is a big fan.

The Free Hornet
12-09-2011, 02:36 PM
The second ad makes me want to vote for him even more. Walk softly, and carry a rusty pipe.

+1 Awesome. Nobody is afraid of a stick these days, no matter how big it is.

oyarde
12-09-2011, 02:40 PM
It's nice they played part of the actual ad, but they basically re-wrote it and played their version that says Ron will give every citizen a rusty pipe to fend off starving marauders after eliminating roads, bridges and welfare. Then they showed him foaming at the mouth. I liked Conan's show before he moved into full establishment mode a la Leno, Letterman, etc. I got my rusty pipe :) bring 'em on .

Ronulus
12-09-2011, 02:45 PM
OMG HE"S GOT A CHAINSAW!

mczerone
12-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Made me laugh.. Overall it's a positive for Ron Paul to be a regular figure in the political and pop culture narrative..
100% agree. 4 years ago RP was persona non grata to the comedians, was never mentioned by SNL, and was never part of the popular dialog.

Tax the Fed
12-09-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm beginning to like Conan more after this
(and the Michelle O'Bachman encounter with Kathy Griffin) . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD0KAWubIrU

nobody's_hero
12-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I agree with Philhelm. In fact, I'm not impressed with the dog one anymore. The second one was waaaaay cooler.

Revolution9
12-09-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm beginning to like Conan more after this
(and the Michelle O'Bachman encounter with Kathy Griffin) . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD0KAWubIrU

I could make about 4K USD a week with my skillset in Hollywood but I have to put up with bimbos like that trash and keep my frakkin' mouth shut if I wanted to continue earning 4K a week.

Rev9

Tal
12-09-2011, 05:09 PM
I think this is very bad actually, people are already scared of voting for an ''extremist'' like Ron Paul that will take away their welfare benefits and government jobs, this sort of thing doesnt really help that image.

rambone
12-10-2011, 03:34 AM
He's catching on I'm telling ya!

ZanZibar
12-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Glowing red eyes at the end. Wow that was horrible.That was in reference to this famous commercial from last cycle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBlNVXMWe_w

123tim
12-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Glowing red eyes at the end. Wow that was horrible.

I agree.

I think this is very bad actually, people are already scared of voting for an ''extremist'' like Ron Paul that will take away their welfare benefits and government jobs, this sort of thing doesnt really help that image.

I agree with this also. I don't understand why people can't see what is being attempted (quite successfully) with this sort of media "production". It's not "Comedy". It's subliminal cultural programming.