PDA

View Full Version : From RP Iowa Coordinator - STOP CALLING FOX AND DEBATE

JerzieJennie
11-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Just heard on Ron Paul Radio:

STOP calling Fox News and stop calling the Iowa GOP. The Iowa Ron Paul coordinator said you can help them by getting involved with their local Iowa campaign, but calling Fox and IA GOP people are only annoying the groups, and essentially Fox and Iowa debate people cannot help us.

We need to get boots on the ground, and people on phones to influence the poll numbers.

Iowa campaign organizer said that he is confident that Ron Paul will be at the Iowa debates, but they do not have an official invitation "in their hands".

He stressed (as well as the RP Radio DJ) that we have to be very kind and courteous to everyone, and not go out of our way to annoy Fox, as that just gives them more ammunition to dislike us.

We can do this :) Just work through the campaign, where it will actually make a difference, rather than calling upon deaf ears with Fox and the Iowa Debate group.

*******UPDATE TO DEBATE QUESTION *************

OK - LISTEN UP EVERYONE. Since we have a few threads going around with different info. I just called the campaign - 5:12pm 11/7/07.

NO candidate has been confirmed for the debate yet. Its up to the polls.
The campaign said that although they expect to get 5%, they are not sure to "which poll" that Fox News is going to refer, nor to what "standard" that poll would be held.

There is no confirmation as of yet, but they expect to make the 5%.

No one has official confirmation that they are at the debate as of yet.

So, lets work on getting the word up to assure the number is above 5%.

It's been a long day :) Hug someone :)

DeadheadForPaul
11-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Agreed. On the ground folks!

walt
11-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Alex Jones read the number on the air today and people will be liistening to his reruns unless you ask him to cut it.

DaronWestbrooke
11-07-2007, 02:08 PM
So now we follow their marching orders?

terlinguatx
11-07-2007, 02:09 PM

terlinguatx
11-07-2007, 02:10 PM

DaronWestbrooke
11-07-2007, 02:13 PM
It's just advice from the people actually in Iowa that know the turf. Probably good advice because I think we're overreacting about the Iowa debate. We'll get Paul to 5% !

Yea, but this advice is from the people who are trying to keep Paul down (GOP establishment)

JerzieJennie
11-07-2007, 02:13 PM

I take my marching orders from RP's campaign... that take their orders from the constitution. :P

To clarify - this was the sincere plea from the ACTUAL RON PAUL IOWA CAMPAIGN REP - not from Fox. :)

The Ron Paul rep wants us to stop wasting our time with Fox. Anyone you email at Fox has no say in this debate, and neither does anyone you get through to that is organizing the Iowa Debate.

I was just relaying an important message for those of you who were not able to listen to RP Radio. I will not go against any request directly from a member of the Iowa Ron Paul Campaign.

:D

OceanMachine7
11-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Jeez, so is he in or not?

UtahApocalypse
11-07-2007, 02:30 PM
So it is NOT confirmed then. Im sick of people lying and misquoting shit!

LinearChaos
11-07-2007, 02:33 PM
How can they NOT let him in the debates at this point?

He'll get in.

JerzieJennie
11-07-2007, 02:37 PM
My post was only to emphasize not making tons of calls. I am not disputing the other person that said "confirmed in Iowa" - I was just repeating what I personally heard around 3:00-3:15 today. I have no resource that says yes or no definitely, but that does not mean that the other people do not. :) It wasnt my place to confirm - since I didnt hear it from any reliable source.

RP Rep did say that the national campaign was also very optimistic. Its just a matter of getting the official invitation, from what I understood.

Also just heard 3:35 on Ron Paul Radio - that Ron Paul is polling at 5% from the Des Moines register poll, which would meet the qualification of 5%. They again stated "Do not call the Iowa GOP, because the Ron Paul campaign is trying to maintain a good relationship with the Iowa GOP"

Hope that helps :)

OceanMachine7
11-07-2007, 02:39 PM
My post was only to emphasize not making tons of calls. I am not disputing the other person that said "confirmed in Iowa" - I was just repeating what I personally heard around 3:00-3:15 today. I have no resource that says yes or no definitely, but that does not mean that the other people do not. :) It wasnt my place to confirm - since I didnt hear it from any reliable source.

RP Rep did say that the national campaign was also very optimistic. Its just a matter of getting the official invitation, from what I understood.

Also just heard 3:35 on Ron Paul Radio - that Ron Paul is polling at 5% from the Des Moines register poll, which would meet the qualification of 5%. They again stated "Do not call the Iowa GOP, because the Ron Paul campaign is trying to maintain a good relationship with the Iowa GOP"

Hope that helps :)

That clears things up a lot, thanks!

The Good Doctor
11-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Yeah I heard that earlier too. I was like "No don't do it!"

Alex Jones read the number on the air today and people will be liistening to his reruns unless you ask him to cut it.

speciallyblend
11-07-2007, 02:59 PM
I didnt call,but ooo if i did they would of got a piece of my mind so i didnt;)

The Republican Party is hanging by a thread,they better shape up or im shipping them out;)

speciallyblend
11-07-2007, 03:00 PM
The Iowa GP basically begged us to call them with their actions,if anyone is to blame its the IOWA GOP AND FOX,period note i didnt call;)

torchbearer
11-07-2007, 03:11 PM

Either that or you can "V" them. ;)

freelance
11-07-2007, 03:13 PM
So it is NOT confirmed then. Im sick of people lying and misquoting shit!

That is correct.

I heard on Ron Paul Radio that someone from RP's IA campaign says that he's in the debate, but they're waiting on confirmation--a link to a, GET THIS--BLOG ARTICLE in the Des Moines Register. I just about had to restart my heart!

I sure hope that's not yesterday's blog article written by the author who I called yesterday. After speaking with him, and having him read the press release from the IA GOP over and over and over again, he and I both reached the same conclusion--he mistakenly wrote that RP was in the debate. He said that, and I'm paraphrasing here, that the press release was ambiguous. I'd say that it's written in anything but English.

walt
11-07-2007, 03:13 PM

not me, but some people won't see this - someone should have alex update his website with this info.

Adamsa
11-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Iowa should be as much of a focus as NH really, even if NH is an easier state for Ron to tap.

JerzieJennie
11-07-2007, 03:18 PM
I left an "URGENT" email with alex jones. Not much else we can do.

LibertyEagle
11-07-2007, 03:22 PM
That is correct.

I heard on Ron Paul Radio that someone from RP's IA campaign says that he's in the debate, but they're waiting on confirmation--a link to a, GET THIS--BLOG ARTICLE in the Des Moines Register. I just about had to restart my heart!

I sure hope that's not yesterday's blog article written by the author who I called yesterday. After speaking with him, and having him read the press release from the IA GOP over and over and over again, he and I both reached the same conclusion--he mistakenly wrote that RP was in the debate. He said that, and I'm paraphrasing here, that the press release was ambiguous. I'd say that it's written in anything but English.

Take note of what Freelance is saying. This debate is far from confirmed.

davidhperry
11-07-2007, 03:23 PM

We're talking about the campaign telling us to stop doing something that they see as ineffective. Are we trying to work against the campaign HQ at this point?

LibertyEagle
11-07-2007, 03:23 PM
I left an "URGENT" email with alex jones. Not much else we can do.

You can email Paul. He's on top of his email much better.

tmg19103
11-07-2007, 03:28 PM
The press release says an "average" of 5% in national polls. Yes, we hit 5% in CNN, but are only 1% in the rigged Fox poll. I spoke politely to the Iowa GOP yesterday and they said the decision is in Fox's hands.

First, DON'T call Fox or the Iowa GOP. Fox left it ambiguous for the national polls in a way that we probably can't hit that mark.

The way to do this is to get to 5% in the Des Moines register poll by month end. So, we really need to step it up in Iowa.

We know Fox hates RP, but he also means ratings and he just pulled in more in one day than any GOP candidate. I'm sure National HQ will speak to Fox about extenuating circumstances that should allow an invite for RP, but we are dealing with Fox hear and they just may want to screw RP.

As for the polls, we have until month end. With the Nov. 5 success we can expect a bump in national polls, but will it "average" 5%?

The best bet is to start phoning, educating, talking to registered Iowa Republicans while the campaign hopefully steps up advertising.

What gets me is that no doubt RP is WELL above 5% in Iowa - just not among those they poll, which is registered Republicans who voted in 2006.

Yes, Fox is trying to screw us. NO - do not call Fox. Maybe Fox will make an exception for RP just on the CNN poll as he does mean ratings, but I won't hold my breath. If we bombard Fox with calls they will make sure RP is not in the debate.

We should assume the worse and step it up in Iowa because regardless of this debate, it will also help us in the caucus.

freelance
11-07-2007, 03:31 PM
The press release says an "average" of 5% in national polls. Yes, we hit 5% in CNN, but are only 1% in the rigged Fox poll. I spoke politely to the Iowa GOP yesterday and they said the decision is in Fox's hands.

First, DON'T call Fox or the Iowa GOP. Fox left it ambiguous for the national polls in a way that we probably can't hit that mark.

The way to do this is to get to 5% in the Des Moines register poll by month end. So, we really need to step it up in Iowa.

We know Fox hates RP, but he also means ratings and he just pulled in more in one day than any GOP candidate. I'm sure National HQ will speak to Fox about extenuating circumstances that should allow an invite for RP, but we are dealing with Fox hear and they just may want to screw RP.

As for the polls, we have until month end. With the Nov. 5 success we can expect a bump in national polls, but will it "average" 5%?

The best bet is to start phoning, educating, talking to registered Iowa Republicans while the campaign hopefully steps up advertising.

What gets me is that no doubt RP is WELL above 5% in Iowa - just not among those they poll, which is registered Republicans who voted in 2006.

Yes, Fox is trying to screw us. NO - do not call Fox. Maybe Fox will make an exception for RP just on the CNN poll as he does mean ratings, but I won't hold my breath. If we bombard Fox with calls they will make sure RP is not in the debate.

We should assume the worse and step it up in Iowa because regardless of this debate, it will also help us in the caucus.

+1

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 03:52 PM

Well if you don't want to follow their orders, consider the orders as coming from me. :D I made exactly the same suggestions yesterday several times.

JMann
11-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Yup, our aggressiveness in some cases can antagonize people, and leads to blowback as we saw with a few polls and email bombs. We're mainstream now so we gotta act like it, and I'll admit that I've been part of the problem but promise to modify my ways. :)

Isn't that the goal to antagonize people? Are we afraid that if we annoy them they might not treat Paul fairly? Ahum.

JerzieJennie
11-07-2007, 03:57 PM
I think the point is that we should follow Dr. P's example and act like respectable good natured people. It is his campaign, remember.

goldstandard
11-07-2007, 03:58 PM
This is bad (no rickrollin, sorry): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAH3espCrAQ

How can we stop this terrible video? It gives us a bad name.:mad: And to the uberclever person who talks about his guru on the video: What would RP do?

tmg19103
11-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Isn't that the goal to antagonize people? Are we afraid that if we annoy them they might not treat Paul fairly? Ahum.

In this situation, where is it best to focus your energy - on RP grassrrots in Iowa or wherever you are in the country to help in the polls to get RP in this debate, and even if he does not get invited to the debate, you have still helped to spread the message of freedom and liberty, which will help get him elected....

or by bombarding Fox with angry phone calls and emails and just pissing them off?

I would say the first option is the best way to spend your time, regardless of who is saying what or doing whatever to RP. I'd say time is best spent by the grassroots bringing on more RP supporters rather than running around "antagonizing" groups that will cause blowback - just like our antagonizing cointries in the Middle East does.

JerzieJennie
11-07-2007, 04:18 PM
OK - LISTEN UP EVERYONE. Since we have a few threads going around with different info. I just called the campaign - 5:12pm 11/7/07.

NO candidate has been confirmed for the debate yet. Its up to the polls.
The campaign said that although they expect to get 5%, they are not sure to "which poll" that Fox News is going to refer, nor to what "standard" that poll would be held.

There is no confirmation as of yet, but they expect to make the 5%.

No one has official confirmation that they are at the debate as of yet.

So, lets work on getting the word out to assure the number is above 5%.

It's been a long day :) Hug someone :)

JerzieJennie
11-07-2007, 04:29 PM
New thread about debate is posted here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33688
Hopefully that works...
Its called - "Called Campaign- Debate not official"