PDA

View Full Version : President Ron Paul would be GOOD for Christianity

wgadget
12-09-2011, 08:34 AM
Just something that came to mind: When Ron Paul becomes President, and we remove many of the troops from foreign lands, it seems that Christian missionaries would get a better reception around the world in general.

I remember just a few weeks ago in church, the preacher asked a missionary to Greece (who works with Muslims) what the Muslim attitude was about Jesus. The missionary said that unfortunately, they equate Jesus with America, which is NOT a compliment. The congregation gasped audibly. It's basically a neocon militaristic conservative evangelical church, and I'm shocked that they were shocked. The preacher honestly expected a different reply.

LOL

Krugerrand
12-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Just something that came to mind: When Ron Paul becomes President, and we remove many of the troops from foreign lands, it seems that Christian missionaries would get a better reception around the world in general.

I remember just a few weeks ago in church, the preacher asked a missionary to Greece (who works with Muslims) what the Muslim attitude was about Jesus. The missionary said that unfortunately, they equate Jesus with America, which is NOT a compliment. The congregation gasped audibly. It's basically a neocon militaristic conservative evangelical church, and I'm shocked that they were shocked. The preacher honestly expected a different reply.

LOL

It would be good for Christianity at home, too.

For those who believe they have an obligation to help and support their fellow man - then with Ron Paul's vision in place they will be able to freely do so. Paying taxes and assuming that helping people is somebody else's job will be a thing of the past. Voting for a tax increase to steal somebody else's money to 'help' somebody in need will be a thing of the past.

Sola_Fide
12-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Of course. Our stupid foreign policy has destroyed Christian missions in the middle east...probably for a very long time. There are no more Christian churches in Iraq for example.

Government destroys everything, including Christian evangelism. When the truth of the gospel is needed more than ever in that part of the world, American foreign policy has stood in direct opposition to it.

wgadget
12-09-2011, 08:53 AM
It would be good for Christianity at home, too.

For those who believe they have an obligation to help and support their fellow man - then with Ron Paul's vision in place they will be able to freely do so. Paying taxes and assuming that helping people is somebody else's job will be a thing of the past. Voting for a tax increase to steal somebody else's money to 'help' somebody in need will be a thing of the past.

Great point. We could be more generous knowing that there aren't people stealing from us via government coercion. Which would create more goodwill to the poor and needy, as well as the government itself. I can dream... : )