PDA

View Full Version : Story Line: "It's Howard Dean all over again!"

peterdn1
11-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Story Line: "It's Howard Dean all over again!"

I fear that the main stream media is setting up a story line. They are starting to build a Ron Paul straw man in Howard Dean's image.

CNN Nov 6th: “Ron Paul is an internet sensation just like Howard Dean (cut to Howard Dean "YEEE HAAAAAA!!!") … only better.”:mad:

2000 Story line:
Al Gore has delusion of grandeur he says he invented the internet (http://www.sethf.com/gore/)
2004 Story line:
John Kerry is a flip flopper / has disgraced himself in the military. (Swift Boat Veterans)

It does not have to be true to be the story.
(Ron Paul's supporter are crazy, Ron Paul’s supporters don’t exist, Ron Paul is running in the wrong party, Ron Paul's bots are donating money, Ron Paul donations are from stolen credit cards)

It appears to me that the media is setting up this subplot. This could damage Ron Paul's successful campaign, if overblown early expectation are not met. Without doubt there must be disappointing days in the future of this campaign.

I saw Ron Paul in an interview yesterday where he was actively managing down early expectation. I hope Dr. Paul continues along these lines as this may take some of air out of this emerging story line in my mind.

Regards,
-Peter

jgmaynard
11-07-2007, 02:17 PM
First Peter, welcome and gratz on your first post.

I see what your saying, but IMO, one of our biggest problems is name recognition and another is the "he can't win" mentality. Any media that tried to paint Ron "too" highly serves both the purposes we want - build name recognition and credibility.
If it went on way too much, way too often, your point would be more likely to play a role in the public's perception of Dr. Paul, but we've gone from no-chance to long shot to underdog status and are just now receiving "front runner coverage" in the last month or so.

In short, I wouldn't worry about it until the media is giving us a Hillary-like pre-coranation, and that's not happening (yet ;) ).

JM

Adamsa
11-07-2007, 02:19 PM
I love the Dean Scream so much I think Ron should try doing it. In fact he should have it as the ring tone for his mobile.

And when we're at rallies we should scream at him.

dspectre
11-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Story Line: "It's Howard Dean all over again!"

I fear that the main stream media is setting up a story line. They are starting to build a Ron Paul straw man in Howard Dean's image.

CNN Nov 6th: “Ron Paul is an internet sensation just like Howard Dean (cut to Howard Dean "YEEE HAAAAAA!!!") … only better.”:mad:

2000 Story line:
Al Gore has delusion of grandeur he says he invented the internet (http://www.sethf.com/gore/)
2004 Story line:
John Kerry is a flip flopper / has disgraced himself in the military. (Swift Boat Veterans)

It does not have to be true to be the story.
(Ron Paul's supporter are crazy, Ron Paul’s supporters don’t exist, Ron Paul is running in the wrong party, Ron Paul's bots are donating money, Ron Paul donations are from stolen credit cards)

It appears to me that the media is setting up this subplot. This could damage Ron Paul's successful campaign, if overblown early expectation are not met. Without doubt there must be disappointing days in the future of this campaign.

I saw Ron Paul in an interview yesterday where he was actively managing down early expectation. I hope Dr. Paul continues along these lines as this may take some of air out of this emerging story line in my mind.

Regards,
-Peter

We've had almost everything thrown at us. I would start worrying when they think we are going to win. That's when people get complacent and arrogant.

winston84
I didn't see that quote as all that bad considering they said "only better"

terlinguatx

fj45lvr
11-07-2007, 02:22 PM
I agree that is the WAY the media operate.

I hope this is the story line for PAUL: "bottom up movement" as stated here on Lou Dobbs:

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Find-Freedom.htm?At=026377

I PRAY this is the line but my hunce is NO CHANCE.

Nash
11-07-2007, 02:24 PM
It is Howard Dean all over again, combined with Pat Bucchanan, Ralph Nader, and Ronald Reagan, Goldware, and Taft all over again.

meets Harry Truman meets Thomas Jefferson all over again.