PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Jon Stewart rips on RJC Forum and Ron Paul exclusion

jct74
12-09-2011, 04:50 AM
Pretty funny segment of Stewart making fun of the forum and all the pandering that went on there. At the end he sticks up for Ron Paul once again. :)
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jon-stewart-what-gop-candidate-won-the-tuches-kiss-off-at-the-republican-jewish-forum/

TroySmith
12-09-2011, 06:00 AM
It really has to make you wonder if Stewart isn't starting to come around...

bluesc
12-09-2011, 06:02 AM

He isn't. He just likes to bash the Republican establishment.

qh4dotcom
12-09-2011, 06:21 AM

Maybe he doesn't want his taxes increased. After all Ron Paul is his bank account's best friend.

KingNothing
12-09-2011, 06:31 AM
Maybe he doesn't want his taxes increased. After all Ron Paul is his bank account's best friend.

He's always had an affinity for Ron because Ron isn't your typical lying, scumbag, wavering politician.

cucucachu0000
12-09-2011, 07:17 AM
shared it that is gold

Dianne
12-09-2011, 07:22 AM
Stewart has always liked Ron Paul. Although he's a Dem, he is still anti war and face it; there is only one anti war candidate running for either party. If I were a Democratic anti-war strategist, I would encourage all Dem's to register republican for the primary; vote for Ron Paul; make Ron Paul the nominee and force Obama to debate him about foreign policy.

No Free Beer
12-09-2011, 07:28 AM
I think he has a soft spot for Ron Paul. I truly do.

tremendoustie
12-09-2011, 07:34 AM
Stewart hates hypocrisy more than anything -- even more than opposing political ideologies. The fact that Ron is not a hypocrite, and is an actual honest person with principles, wins a lot of points with Stwart, I think. Also, he likes to point out the hypocrisy of the media, which is quite blatant when it comes to Ron ...

I actually respect Stewart a lot. He's willing to call out the BS from both sides.

wide awake
12-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Stewart hates hypocrisy more than anything -- even more than opposing political ideologies. The fact that Ron is not a hypocrite, and is an actual honest person with principles, wins a lot of points with Stwart, I think. Also, he likes to point out the hypocrisy of the media, which is quite blatant when it comes to Ron ...

I actually respect Stewart a lot. He's willing to call out the BS from both sides.

I think you summed it up well. There's also the fact that there is common ground with those in the progressive wing of the Democratic party on several major issues that this country faces (wars of aggression, civil liberties, corporatism). I don't think you will ever see Stewart pronounce himself a libertarian or traditional conservative or outright supporting Ron Paul but he does participate in honest discussion and that favors Ron Paul much more so than many of the more popular talking heads who claim they are "conservative".

green73
12-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Bwaaahahaha! God Bachmann is fucking dumb.

Ekrub
12-09-2011, 08:26 AM
I think you summed it up well. There's also the fact that there is common ground with those in the progressive wing of the Democratic party on several major issues that this country faces (wars of aggression, civil liberties, corporatism). I don't think you will ever see Stewart pronounce himself a libertarian or traditional conservative or outright supporting Ron Paul but he does participate in honest discussion and that favors Ron Paul much more so than many of the more popular talking heads who claim they are "conservative".

This.

Nate
12-09-2011, 08:40 AM

^yeah this right here +1
Stewart's Rally for Sanity was basically about hypocrisy & the partisan bickering that is so prevalent in American politics today. Ron Paul does not participate in either & while Stewart disagrees with Paul on many issues he respects him & believes that Dr Paul is a principled & honest man who will buck his party if it contradicts his principles. This is exactly the type of "politician" that Stewart says we need more of in the political discourse he believes this country needs to have. I in turn think that Stewart is the best "news anchor" in American television today sans Judge Napolitano, that is extremely sad & telling considering that The Daily Show is supposed to be a satirical "fake news" program.

georgiaboy
12-09-2011, 08:54 AM
well done, Jon and especially the Daily Show writers/producers, or does Jon write all this stuff himself? I dunno where to draw the line between what's really Jon and what's the view of those behind the show.

angelatc
12-09-2011, 09:09 AM
well done, Jon and especially the Daily Show writers/producers, or does Jon write all this stuff himself? I dunno where to draw the line between what's really Jon and what's the view of those behind the show.

Read the credits. He has a staff of writers, but he's one of the writers. As the host I'm sure he has a significant amount of creative control.

Brian4Liberty
12-09-2011, 01:15 PM
He isn't. He just likes to bash the Republican establishment.

Sure, but it's a combination. They don't like most of the GOP Presidential candidates (most of the GOP voters don't either), and they like some things about Ron.

Group effort.

qh4dotcom
12-09-2011, 02:18 PM

So if he hates hypocrisy so much, why isn't he talking about the double standards and media hypocrisy regarding Obama's eligibility?

affa
12-09-2011, 03:03 PM
I watch Jon Stewart every night. I'm absolutely positive he really likes Ron Paul, just disagrees with him on some fundamental issues. For example, Stewart does not believe government is inherently corrupt, and ultimately believes that we need regulations to prevent corrupt practices. He also believes we are judged on how the weakest member of our society is treated, and therefore wants them to have access to health care, etc. He's a smart man, though I certainly disagree with him on some topics.

But he definitely recognizes Ron Paul is on the side of the people, and has integrity and consistency. My guess is that at least one writer on the staff loves Ron Paul too. Stewart also recognizes Obama was a lie, and points it out all the time. He's incredibly critical of Obama, in fact. Were it to come down between Paul and Obama, I don't know where he'd fall (assuming he can openly come out for Paul... but he holds enough sway on Comedy Central that he might be able to). I can guarantee he won't happily cheerlead for Obama at this point... even if he ultimately sided with Obama (which is likely) it would only be begrudgingly because he is extremely disappointed in him.

king_nothing_
12-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Stewart also recognizes Obama was a lie, and points it out all the time. He's incredibly critical of Obama, in fact.
Maybe I have an inaccurate view because I don't watch his show enough, but the only time I've heard him speak negatively or poke fun at Obama, it was on some fairly insignificant things. For instance, I've never seen Stewart just completely go after him for his foreign policy lies. Has he ever done this? (I'm not asking rhetorically, I'm genuinely curious.)

The Magic Hoof
12-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Maybe I have an inaccurate view because I don't watch his show enough, but the only time I've heard him speak negatively or poke fun at Obama, it was on some fairly insignificant things. For instance, I've never seen Stewart just completely go after him for his foreign policy lies. Has he ever done this? (I'm not asking rhetorically, I'm genuinely curious.)

http://gawker.com/5564642/jon-stewart-blasts-obama-for-war+related-lies-broken-promises?tag=television

Agorism
12-09-2011, 07:16 PM
nice find

unknown
12-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Holy comments. My scroll bar shrunk to near nothingness.

unknown
12-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Im confused. Why is every speech about Israel? I thought the audience and candidates were made up of Americans?

Napolitanic Wars
12-09-2011, 08:01 PM
For instance, I've never seen Stewart just completely go after him for his foreign policy lies. Has he ever done this?

I haven't either but I haven't been a rabid fan since 2007. He has given Obama slight jabs about Libya and really went after him (and praised Rand) about indefinite detention of suspected terrorists.

Student Of Paulism
12-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Man, this had to be the worst form of asskissing and pandering ive ever seen. This whole 'kiss Israel's ass' nonsense has gone on far too long. They bar a statesman and one of the most honest politicians our country has had for a long time, married to the same woman for 50+ years, but they invite one of the most corrupt politicians we have ever had, one who had multiple affairs. Yea, i guess it dont matter as long as they said they get their precious foreign aid...what a sickening display of phoniness that all was, man o man.

brushfire
12-09-2011, 09:06 PM

Stewart has said, a number of times, how he cannot stand activist media. I doubt he dislikes Paul, but I know he doesnt agree with Ron Paul's political philosophy. Stewart likes government programs, and thinks that they are necessary for the survival of most people in this country.

I think Stewart believes that freedom is for savages.

affa
12-09-2011, 09:09 PM

I honestly think he's just as critical of Democrats as he is Republicans, overall. The reason is that he doesn't generally focus on criticizing policy, so much as criticizing hypocrisy, lies, and scandal. However, when he does weighs in with an opinion on a policy issue it's definitely liberal, so people tend to think he's biased against Republicans. I've seen him obliterate plenty of Democrats. He generally praises Ron Paul, or, at the very least defends him. He's occasionally given Ron Paul a ribbing, but nothing too bad, and all in good fun. He's absolutely trashed all the other candidates and Obama in comparison. Again, this doesn't mean I think he supports Ron Paul, just really likes him. Their outlook is very much different and might be a bridge too far for Stewart to ever cross... though the more exposure to Paul's ideas, the better.

Omnica
12-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Man, this had to be the worst form of asskissing and pandering ive ever seen. This whole 'kiss Israel's ass' nonsense has gone on far too long. They bar a statesman and one of the most honest politicians our country has had for a long time, married to the same woman for 50+ years, but they invite one of the most corrupt politicians we have ever had, one who had multiple affairs. Yea, i guess it dont matter as long as they said they get their precious foreign aid...what a sickening display of phoniness that all was, man o man.

Agreed on the double!!

Omnica
12-10-2011, 07:09 AM
Unfortunately Jon Stewart, Liberal darling on the Comedy central channel,
Endeavors to ensure that the only MSM defense of Dr. Paul comes on a satirical show on a comedy channel.
Warning... Subliminal Media psyops at work. I am sure i will get flamed for this post, but please, intelligentlemen of Omni Paulism...
Look beneath the surface. Jon Stewart isnt even his real name.
Nothing happens by accident in politics or media.

Korey Kaczynski
12-10-2011, 07:26 AM
Unfortunately Jon Stewart, Liberal darling on the Comedy central channel,
Endeavors to ensure that the only MSM defense of Dr. Paul comes on a satirical show on a comedy channel.
Warning... Subliminal Media psyops at work. I am sure i will get flamed for this post, but please, intelligentlemen of Omni Paulism...
Look beneath the surface. Jon Stewart isnt even his real name.
Nothing happens by accident in politics or media.

It's all part of the Judeo-Masonic, reptilian shapeshifter's plans for the New World Order.

Omnica
12-10-2011, 07:37 AM
David Icke is that you?

Omnica
12-10-2011, 07:47 AM
As long as The Mainstream media frames the Republican race as Gingrich vs Romney,
the easily manipulated American masses will not see The true statesman Dr. Paul as viable/feasible/electable.
Watching Fox News name drop Romney and Gingrich all day, asking whom is the true conservative, makes me nauseous.
Jon Stewart is good for comic relief, but carries an implicit association with comedy and liberalism...not what wins the Republican nomination.

wstrucke
12-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Here's a link to the episode on the daily show site without all of the extra ads... http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/thu-december-8-2011-ed-gillespie

The ron paul bit is around 8 minutes.

TheNewYorker
12-11-2011, 12:46 AM
What I like best about Jon Stewart ripping on the RJC, is the fact that Jon Stewart is Jewish himself, which most people who aren't Jewish do not know. He was born Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz. It's great, because a lot of people in the Jewish community will listen to him rather than the RJC.

A little known tidbit, his older brother Larry is the Chief Operating Officer of the New York Stock Exchange.

Keith and stuff
12-11-2011, 01:30 AM
Stewart has always liked Ron Paul. Although he's a Dem, he is still anti war and face it; there is only one anti war candidate running for either party. If I were a Democratic anti-war strategist, I would encourage all Dem's to register republican for the primary; vote for Ron Paul; make Ron Paul the nominee and force Obama to debate him about foreign policy.

You can say that Ron Paul is anti-war if you want, but in my opinion it is both incorrect and not helpful to the campaign.