PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul WILL be in Iowa Debate

Sematary
11-07-2007, 02:01 PM
From my email:

Ron Paul WILL be in the IOWA December 4th debate! Just confirmed live on Ron Paul Radio straight from the Iowa Ron Paul HQ offices.

So, it is CONFIRMED Ron Paul will be there, although Tom Tancredo and Duncan Hunter will NOT be invited. This is FRONT-RUNNERS only! More time for Dr. Paul to get his message across

sirachman
11-07-2007, 02:03 PM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!
Gratz Paul!
For the Revolution!

Dustancostine
11-07-2007, 02:06 PM
If this is true..... SSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......

Everyone was plotting a Iowa blitz to get the poll numbers up :)

Nash
11-07-2007, 02:06 PM
From my email:

Ron Paul WILL be in the IOWA December 4th debate! Just confirmed live on Ron Paul Radio straight from the Iowa Ron Paul HQ offices.

So, it is CONFIRMED Ron Paul will be there, although Tom Tancredo and Duncan Hunter will NOT be invited. This is FRONT-RUNNERS only! More time for Dr. Paul to get his message across

Awesome.

Did they change the parameters for inclusion then? I read that he needed 5% in certain polls to qualify and he doesn't meet that yet so what is the deal?

Sematary
11-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Awesome.

Did they change the parameters for inclusion then? I read that he needed 5% in certain polls to qualify and he doesn't meet that yet so what is the deal?

I have no idea. I received this from one of the dozens of meetups that I joined (don't know which one - probably Iowa though).

Sematary
11-07-2007, 02:09 PM
It actually came from Phoenix. Someone decided to call the campaign and find out first hand.

Peterjar
The latest CNN poll gives him 5% in Iowa. That make him in the debate. This is what I found on the meetup forums.

RonPaulCult
All of them should be there. This is supposed to be a democracy.

jgmaynard
So, it is CONFIRMED Ron Paul will be there, although Tom Tancredo and Duncan Hunter will NOT be invited. This is FRONT-RUNNERS only!

Man! I have to admit - speaking as a long-term libertarian supporter/volunteer, this feels kinda sweet being on the other side of a debate exclusion.... :) LOL

JM

jacmicwag
11-07-2007, 02:10 PM
I'll breath easier when I see an announcement from the Iowa GOP and Fox.

Nash
11-07-2007, 02:12 PM
The latest CNN poll gives him 5% in Iowa. That make him in the debate. This is what I found on the meetup forums.

They aren't using that poll though (or at least they weren't) they are using the fox poll and the des moines register poll.

I guess those polls aren't being used anymore

terlinguatx
11-07-2007, 02:13 PM

Sematary
11-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Garnered at least 5% of the national electorate as determined by an average of the most recent national telephone polls of registered voters conducted by non-partisan public opinion polling organizations leading up to the registration deadline as determined by Fox News Channel and the Republican Party of Iowa

or

garnered an average of at least 5% in the most recent polls of Iowa voters conducted by the American Research Group and the Des Moines Register.

It would appear, that the campaign has satisfied the first condition

terlinguatx
11-07-2007, 02:15 PM

Adamsa
11-07-2007, 02:16 PM
It's sexual. Time to take back the Republican Party!

YYEAAHAHAHAHA. *attempt at a Dean Scream

Ron Paul Fan
11-07-2007, 02:17 PM
I think Tancredo actually has 5% in the Des Moines register poll.

Sematary
11-07-2007, 02:17 PM
All of them should be there. This is supposed to be a democracy.

If the supporters believe in them, they would pull a stunt like RP's supporters did when HE was excluded. I don't think it's going to happen.

Original_Intent
11-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Yes Tancredo and Hunter have had plenty of time to get their message out and no one is interested.

Even though Paul is low in the "scientific" polls, his fundraising shows that he has a following and deserves to continue to be heard.

jacmicwag
11-07-2007, 02:27 PM
I attended the Texas Straw Poll - Hunter absolutely killed us by a 2 to 1 margin in Ron's home state. If Hunter was not such a total war freak, he would look better to me than Rudy McRomney. I also feel that both Hunter and Tancredo have been respectful to Ron unlike some of the other competition.

Vonhayek7
11-07-2007, 02:37 PM
This is great news.

FireofLiberty
11-07-2007, 02:42 PM
I attended the Texas Straw Poll - Hunter absolutely killed us by a 2 to 1 margin in Ron's home state. If Hunter was not such a total war freak, he would look better to me than Rudy McRomney. I also feel that both Hunter and Tancredo have been respectful to Ron unlike some of the other competition.

I disagree that Hunter has. Think about what he did at the CNBC debate.

hornet
11-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Man! I have to admit - speaking as a long-term libertarian supporter/volunteer, this feels kinda sweet being on the other side of a debate exclusion.... :) LOL

JM

slowly, oh so slowly but STEADILY! we are moving from far stage left towards stage center...hehheh!....and one very fine day he will be the one left standing....
RONDOME!....eight men enter...one man leaves!....:D

goRPaul
11-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Source please?!? I want a reputable source before I believe anything.

tmg19103
11-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Garnered at least 5% of the national electorate as determined by an average of the most recent national telephone polls of registered voters conducted by non-partisan public opinion polling organizations leading up to the registration deadline as determined by Fox News Channel and the Republican Party of Iowa

or

garnered an average of at least 5% in the most recent polls of Iowa voters conducted by the American Research Group and the Des Moines Register.

It would appear, that the campaign has satisfied the first condition

Here is my concern here.

It says "average" of the most recent national polls....

RP got 5% in CNN, but 1% in the rigged Fox national poll. I would say at this point that RP does not "average" 5% in national polls. Fox left this very vague - no doubt to exclude RP, in my mind.

I would like to hear what Fox has to say, and my concern is that it is up to them. I spoke to the Iowa GOP yesterday, and they said it was in Fox's hands - and that REALLY concerns me.

On the one hand, RP will give Fox great ratings. On the other, Fox's disdain for RP is more than obvious.

I'm not going to get excited until we hear confirmation from Fox.

Also, if we can hit 5% in the Des Moines Register Iowa poll by month end, we are golden.

I know N.H. is key, but the Iowa Caucus is less than 60 days off so the campaign might as well start a push right now to get to 5% in Iowa by month end so we guarantee the debate and also do better in Iowa.

2nd or 3rd in Iowa will really build momentum for N.H. while 5th like the Iowa straw poll will mean nothing and will be used against RP by the likes of Fox going into N.H.

As for the debate, I'll believe it when I hear it from the Iowa GOP or Fox.

UtahApocalypse
11-07-2007, 03:28 PM
WRONG! What was said on RPR was incorrect. In this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33618
This was stated about the RPR interview:
STOP calling Fox News and stop calling the Iowa GOP. The Iowa Ron Paul coordinator said you can help them by getting involved with their local Iowa campaign, but calling Fox and IA GOP people are only annoying the groups, and essentially Fox and Iowa debate people cannot help us.

We need to get boots on the ground, and people on phones to influence the poll numbers.

Until the poll is taken, or a OFFICIAL invite is given to the campaign nothing is for sure. Quit posting bullshit thats misleading people.

devil21
11-07-2007, 03:33 PM
I agree, there needs to be official confirmation that RP will be in attendance before we accept that he will be.

**I wouldn't put it past Fox and the Iowa GOP to leave news articles up including RP (like the one we keep seeing at Des Moines Register) then axe him at the last moment, citing "polls", thus not giving us the time to organize and fight it.**

Beerhall Agitator
11-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Speculation is useless, donate money to Iowa chip-ins, or go canvass in the state. Whatever happens, happens. If he gets in great, if not we protest. But don't waste time speculating because that will not affect the outcome.

JerzieJennie
11-07-2007, 04:00 PM
His word were that they were optimistic, but that they did not have an invitation in their hands.

Sematary
11-07-2007, 04:06 PM
WRONG! What was said on RPR was incorrect. In this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33618
This was stated about the RPR interview:

Until the poll is taken, or a OFFICIAL invite is given to the campaign nothing is for sure. Quit posting bullshit thats misleading people.

The woman CALLED THE CAMPAIGN. If you want a better source - call them yourself.

JerzieJennie
11-07-2007, 04:09 PM
The man that spoke after her, corrected the language. He called the campaign and they said that they do not have an invitation yet. They do, however fully expect to be invited.

I think we'll just have to wait for official word.

JerzieJennie
11-07-2007, 04:16 PM
OK - LISTEN UP EVERYONE. Since we have a few threads going around with different info. I just called the campaign - 5:12pm 11/7/07.

NO candidate has been confirmed for the debate yet. Its up to the polls.
The campaign said that although they expect to get 5%, they are not sure to "which poll" that Fox News is going to refer, nor to what "standard" that poll would be held.

There is no confirmation as of yet, but they expect to make the 5%.

No one has official confirmation that they are at the debate as of yet.

So, lets work on getting the word up to assure the number is above 5%.

It's been a long day :) Hug someone :)

ronpaulyourmom
11-07-2007, 04:17 PM
OK - LISTEN UP EVERYONE. Since we have a few threads going around with different info. I just called the campaign - 5:12pm 11/7/07.

The campaign said that although they expect to get 5%, they are not sure to "which poll" that Fox News is going to refer, nor to what "standard" that poll would be held.

Thank you for the clarification.

freelance
11-07-2007, 04:18 PM

Thank you very much. That's what I've been saying all day. It is NOT confirmed yet. Thank you for your honesty!!!

P.S. Can you please post a link to the new post, because I cannot find it.

spivey378
11-07-2007, 04:19 PM
i think it will help us if he doesnt get invited.

public outcry.....

i dunno

*shrugs*