PDA

View Full Version : Pro money manager urges followers to donate to RP's campaign

mwz
11-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Peter Schiff is Chief Global Strategist and President of Euro Pacific Capital, based in Connecticut. The following is an email that he sent to his mailing list yesterday. (taken from http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108748&perpage=6&pagenumber=1)

Call to Action

Congressman Ron Paul, America’s best hope for the future.

I recently had the pleasure of personally handing the Honorable Ron Paul (the only member of Congress truly worthy of that title) a $2,300 check (the legal maximum) as my contribution toward his presidential campaign. I have never given one dime to a politician (though Congressman Paul is more of a statesman then politician) in my life, and you know what; it felt great. It was the best $2,300 I ever spent. The purpose of this email is to urge every single one of my clients, every subscriber to my newsletter, and every one in my database, to make a similar contribution.

There are over 60,000 names in my database. If a significant percentage of us donate $2,300 to Ron Paul, he will have a decent shot at being the Republican nominee, and he is probably the only Republican candidate capable of wining the Presidency in 2008. Come election time, this country will likely be in a severe recession, and Ron Paul is the only Republican able to distance himself from President Bush, who will clearly be blamed for the mess our economy will be in.

Like me, Ron Paul was against America’s decision to invade Iraq. Unfortunately, our predictions regarding what would happen if we did have all been proven correct. However, the one good thing that could potentially come of this whole fiasco is that it may be the single biggest factor making Ron Paul so electable. If that is the price of putting the only principled man in Congress into the Oval Office then perhaps it was worth it.

Unfortunately, most of the criticism of our phony economic expansion has come from the left. The mindless cheerleading of the right will leave them devoid of any credibility on economic issues. Ron Paul is the only Republican who can say “I told you so.” If, as a result of right wing rhetoric, voters blame capitalism for our problems, this nation will take a giant turn to the left. While many on the left have criticized the economy, they have mainly done so for the wrong reasons and their “solutions” will only make the situation worse.

Fortunately we have the power to stop them and we cannot let the opportunity to do so pass us by. This is a unique moment in history, a fork in the road to serfdom. We may actually be able to prove our founding fathers wrong in their belief that democracy does not work (For those of you who do not know our nation was founded as a Republic not a Democracy). (book sales hype deleted) Perhaps with your help we can prove that the special interests of political factions can actually be overcome by an inspired electorate motivated solely by the love of freedom and a respect for the constitution.

If you are fortunate enough to be one of my clients, writing a $2,300 check should not be a problem. As I have likely made you tons of money over the years, here is an opportunity to donate some of it to a worthy cause. We have made our money by betting against the U.S and betting against the dollar. Giving $2,300 of our winnings to Ron Paul gives us the opportunity to bet ON America for a change. And it’s a bet none of us can afford to lose, and the best part about it is that if we all make this bet together we can’t lose.

My penchant for foreign investments has from time to time caused some of my critics to label me unpatriotic. While such attacks are clearly out of line, using some of our foreign profits to secure the election of Ron Paul goes a long way toward defusing such allegations.

If you are not a client and you think $2,300 is a lot of money, it’s not. In fact, if Ron Paul is not our next President, such a sum will be practically worthless by the end of the term of whoever is. So what do you have to lose? Just write the check and hope for the best.

Do not just send in $50 or $100, dig down deep and pony up. If you are married send him $4,600. Think of what is at stake. Let’s not let Ron Paul lose this election for lack of money. Think about the sacrifices others have made for this country. Think of those who have given their lives to secure the liberties we are now losing to a tyrannical Federal Government. The signers of the Declaration of Independence not only risked their sacred honor but their very lives. You have a chance to do something to reclaim the principles embedded in that document yet risk nothing but a lousy 2,300 bucks, the cost of a single plasma TV. If we all make that one small sacrifice, maybe, just maybe, those who have died defending our freedoms may finally rest in peace.

Giving money or voting for any other political candidate, Democrat or Republican, is a complete waste of time, effort and money. The only person in the race whose victory will make any difference what-so-ever is Ron Paul. Even if he does not win, just having his positions heard by a wider audience will make a bigger difference to the country than the outcome of the election itself.

Do not get me wrong; electing Ron Paul will not stop America’s day of reckoning from coming. The piper will have to be paid no matter who is in the White House. However, President Ron Paul will be extremely important if we are going to dig our way out of this giant hole. Any other declared presidential candidate will make the job far more difficult if not completely impossible.

Rebuilding a viable industrial economy will require a return to our constitutional roots of limited government, low taxes, minimal regulation, and sound money. Ron Paul is the only candidate capable of bring those reforms about. He has already proven that his principles are more important then his own reelection. He is the only man in Congress I know that power did not corrupt. In fact, with Ron Paul as President, many others in Congress might actually find the courage to vote their conscience as well.

If you do not know who Ron Paul is, visit his web site at www.RonPaul2008.com and see for yourself. He is the real deal, a true statesmen and citizen politician in the traditions envisioned by the framers of our Republic. From time to time I get emails from people suggesting that I run for President. While such suggestions are indeed flattering, I realize that they are offered purely in jest. However, for those who agree with my take on things, a vote for Ron Paul is the closet thing to a vote for me that you will ever have an opportunity to cast. He understands the real problems facing our nation and knows what must be done to enable “we the people” to solve them for ourselves.

Here is the link to make your contribution. https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate?c=SCHIFF

If you donate by telephone or use the general donation web page, make sure to reference the project code “Schiff” when you do. That way I can better judge the effectiveness of this email.

Once you have done so forward this email to every contact in your address book. Let’s give Ron Paul the greatest political war chest in history. In modern American politics money talks. With your help, Ron Paul’s voice can be the loudest one of all.

Sincerely,

Peter Schiff
President and Chief Global Strategist
Euro Pacific Capital

DrNoZone
11-07-2007, 01:54 PM
So, this is like the 3rd time a thread has been started on this. USE THE SEARCH!

sylvania
11-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Be kind. It's the 1st post.

Just as an FYI, there is a new post feature, as well as a search function for looking for things that have already been posted.

Energy
11-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Welcome aboard mwz!

sirachman
11-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Good find, thanks for posting! Welcome to the forums:)

EvilEngineer
11-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Welcome to the forums =)

UtahApocalypse
11-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Im getting sick of the dupes and these boards are becoming useless.

DJ RP
11-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Im getting sick of the dupes and these boards are becoming useless.

I think the boards are very useful. And new members posting things that have already been discussed is not a bad thing, we want new enthusiastic members. Welcome dude!

RP4ME
11-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Plus not everyone is glued to teh baords and isnt gonna serach for something they dont knwo about in teh first place....

danberkeley
01-14-2008, 03:20 AM
dump

smartguy911
01-14-2008, 03:28 AM
i just had to bust out my calculator - 60,000 subscribers x 2300 = $ 138000000.....i am in LA LA land..haha

bcreps85
01-14-2008, 03:31 AM
Well, I hadn't seen it yet despite what these others have said, so right on!

Marc3579
01-14-2008, 03:35 AM
I wonder if any of peter schiffs clients among jim rogers people have donated yet...

Dan Klaus
01-14-2008, 04:09 AM
Hi MWZ...thanks for posting this again...actually many folks missed this letter from Schiff and never hurts to get it out on the forums....welcome to the boards...

danberkeley
01-16-2008, 01:30 AM
if those 50 thousand who voted for RP in Michigan donate another $20 each, we would have another $1 milllion

smartguy911
01-16-2008, 01:33 AM
peter needs to get his clients to donate on Jan 21st. email him folks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAWClI8zsH4

Corydoras
01-16-2008, 01:34 AM
Darn it, I was getting all happy that he had sent out another letter, and then I realized it was the one from November.

tpreitzel
01-16-2008, 01:54 AM
i just had to bust out my calculator - 60,000 subscribers x 2300 = $ 138000000.....i am in LA LA land..haha

It'll never happen, but just a fraction of that amount WILL be needed with the current rate of donations to the campaign. Let's hope that at least $10M materializes from Schiff's clients over the course of Paul's campaign..

losinglife
01-16-2008, 01:54 AM
Darn it, I was getting all happy that he had sent out another letter, and then I realized it was the one from November.

hahah me too

tpreitzel
01-16-2008, 01:59 AM
peter needs to get his clients to donate on Jan 21st. email him folks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAWClI8zsH4

I agree. Schiff needs to remind his clients in another letter. I just emailed his company, but I don't expect a reply in time to do much good, but who knows. ;)

rpfan2008
01-16-2008, 02:13 AM
sounds good