PDA

View Full Version : WeekendOfLiberty structure ideas or "If I was king of the world" ;)

qsecofr
11-07-2007, 01:50 PM
WeekendOfLibery IMHO should be the portal to the whole weekend and be an aggregator for the total subscribers for the various efforts for that weekend. It's primary role should be to help focus the grassroots organization but not act as a central point of control.

It should report people metrics like chowda and ronpaulgraphs is doing for the financials and perhaps a few other things but not host traditional content like dailypaul and the forums.

I shy away from having the sites providing more then just raw data because once the event kicks off it will get media scrutiny and we don't want to give them anything more then raw numbers so there is less to twist.

For me the nov5th worked because the site didn't try to be too much and was very effective in reporting the #'s and the feedburner thing was great to that effect. If weekend of liberty gets updates from teaparty07 and whatever the bill of rights events will be it should send out no more then 1 email a day as before. The 15th & 16th sites could be expanded to include links to grassroots stuff that pertain to the individual pushes but the primary liberty site will provides the "top down" info about # of people pledging and # of people rallying etc.

WeekendOfLibery (Total statistics of the two events, cold hard #'s about the both events)
-> Bill of Rights 15th (# of meetup groups rallying, individuals rallying, breakdown by state, events planned like yardsales[from another thread], etc)
-> teaparty07 16th (# of pledges, amount pledged, etc)

If someone wants to start another campaign for the two days they would just have to somehow get the statistics back up the weekend of liberty but will be free to start a whole "XXX for Liberty" type site and contribute to the main effort. The weekendofliberty site would provide visibility and metrics while the individual sites do the grassroots legwork.

P.S. I just reread what I wrote and I'm sorry for the authoritarian tone of the whole thing but I ain't going to rewrite it because my boss is already suspicious about my frantic 10 minutes of typing :( My $0.02 FRN anyway :D

qsecofr
11-07-2007, 02:35 PM
How can I edit the title of this post? In hindsight the king of the world thing was stupid?

Mods could you just change it to "WeekendOfLiberty structure ideas".

Thanks

NinjaPirate
11-07-2007, 02:38 PM
go to "advanced edit"

Mckarnin
11-07-2007, 02:50 PM
I second the notion of keeping things clean, streamlined and factual. If people want more info on Ron Paul they can google him or click on the link (that I'm sure will be provided) to RonPaul2008. Weekend of Liberty and the 15th/16th sites should be places where people can get in, get out and get to work. We don't want people who are already interested in supporting Ron Paul getting bogged down trying to get the facts or basic action points. I am no tech genius but it will probably lessen the load on the sites if people don't linger there for hours.

K

Gimme Some Truth
11-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Ya, i think the Dec 15th real world campaigning is definately a MeetupGroup issue. Let the Meetup groups decide. Dont have RonPaulForums completely dictating a blanket policy . We cannot know whats best for Meetup groups accross the country. :)

We just need to have everyone donate on the 16th and encourage people to take part in the meetup group/area activities ,whatever they may be, on the 15th

Better to not over-complicate things

qsecofr
11-07-2007, 02:55 PM
go to "advanced edit"

Thanks Ninja but it won't let me edit the thread title :(

qsecofr
11-07-2007, 03:01 PM
I second the notion of keeping things clean, streamlined and factual. If people want more info on Ron Paul they can google him or click on the link (that I'm sure will be provided) to RonPaul2008. Weekend of Liberty and the 15th/16th sites should be places where people can get in, get out and get to work. We don't want people who are already interested in supporting Ron Paul getting bogged down trying to get the facts or basic action points. I am no tech genius but it will probably lessen the load on the sites if people don't linger there for hours.

K

True, the load will a considerable factor for the donation push. We can linger in the forums like last time while giving the fresh blood freedom to tax the servers for a change :D

If the liberty site provides the webservice feeds it could be used as a focal point for widgets and banners too. Many sites drumming up support and report the raw #'s to liberty while it distributes that info to all the consumers. It could be a hub for all the factual info pertaining to the 2 day event.

qsecofr
11-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Ya, i think the Dec 15th real world campaigning is definately a MeetupGroup issue. Let the Meetup groups decide. Dont have RonPaulForums completely dictating a blanket policy . We cannot know whats best for Meetup groups accross the country. :)

We just need to have everyone donate on the 16th and encourage people to take part in the meetup group/area activities ,whatever they may be, on the 15th

Better to not over-complicate things

If a bunch of Internet grassroots addicts can adhere to the KISS principle there may be hope for our government yet. :p

Visual
11-07-2007, 03:33 PM
The site should be an organization of links to misc forums, meetup.com, teaparty07, ron paul site among other things.

NinjaPirate
11-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Thanks Ninja but it won't let me edit the thread title :(

It should. Are you sure you're clicking on "Edit" then "Go Advanced?" I tried it on one of my threads and it gave me the option to edit the subject line.