PDA

View Full Version : Justin Amash models himself as Ron Paul protégé

sailingaway
12-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Justin Amash models himself as Ron Paul protégé

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1211/70145.html#ixzz1g0ffySXX

gls
12-08-2011, 10:54 PM
With an unconventional approach to politics, Amash has chosen personal preferences over fealty to the Capitol Hill “community” — alienating and isolating him from House leadership, his state’s delegation and special interest groups.

Good for him. I'm sure it takes a lot of guts to stand up to the machine. And he's only 31; I had no idea.

rideurlightning
12-08-2011, 11:00 PM
The time will come when we're all rallying behind him.

MJU1983
12-08-2011, 11:01 PM
Thank God.

ronpaulfollower999
12-08-2011, 11:04 PM
He’s not a team player,” said a high-ranking official in the Michigan delegation.

LOL

For me personally, that sounds all to familiar.

GreenBulldog
12-08-2011, 11:05 PM
Awesome.

As people who believe in a limited government, non-intervention foreign policy, and (real) capitalism, we should show him somehow that people like us are going to back him and support him.

This goes with anyone with political power. We need to show that we support them because it can get lonely being the minority against the establishment.

thehungarian
12-08-2011, 11:06 PM
I can see myself supporting him.

LibertyEsq
12-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Amash basically turned me into a Paul supporter during the Libya fiasco in April. I hope he runs for senate or governor soon

gls
12-08-2011, 11:17 PM
As people who believe in a limited government, non-intervention foreign policy, and (real) capitalism, we should show him somehow that people like us are going to back him and support him.

He's got his own forum at RPFs: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?103-Justin-Amash-Forum

GreenBulldog
12-09-2011, 12:34 AM
He's got his own forum at RPFs: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?103-Justin-Amash-Forum

But does he know that?

Does he know that there are many who support him?

Maximus
12-09-2011, 02:09 AM
Amash is awesome, we should support him as much as we can.

MJU1983
12-09-2011, 03:34 AM
But does he know that?

Does he know that there are many who support him?

I'm sure. He has a good, dedicated following on Facebook. He posts detailed explanations of all his votes. You can sometimes even get instant replies from him on questions you might have. Very cool guy.

12-09-2011, 04:31 AM
LOL

For me personally, that sounds all to familiar.

Me too mate. Organizations often value unity over the worth of each individual.

12-09-2011, 04:34 AM
Justin needs to be careful. I am a big supporter of his, but he has seemingly alienated support he should have, such as the many who were furious about "In God We Trust." Yes, I know what the resolution was really about. But Justin needs to be cautious about alienating his own constituents to the point that he does not win re-election. We need him there.

We really need to raise some big bucks for him.

Jingles
12-09-2011, 06:35 AM
We are at least going to need Amash in congress so we have someone who will introduce our bills in the House. Hopefully we will have a bunch of Liberty candidates this go around, but still.

LawnWake
12-09-2011, 06:54 AM
Justin needs to be careful. I am a big supporter of his, but he has seemingly alienated support he should have, such as the many who were furious about "In God We Trust." Yes, I know what the resolution was really about. But Justin needs to be cautious about alienating his own constituents to the point that he does not win re-election. We need him there.

We really need to raise some big bucks for him.

Naw, he needs to do this. Doing things he knows his constituents may not like or things that voters don't like. This is part of what makes Ron Paul great. He'll look you right in the eye, knowing that you won't agree with him and say it anyway, at the cost of losing your vote. I'd say, I'd like to see more of that in congress than specific policies.

And I mean, I'm by no means a religion person, but if I was, I'd have voted like him too. I wouldn't sully my bond with God by declaring my trust in him on government buildings (let alone expecting atheist or polytheists to endorse it through taxes). And encouraging it to score points with religious people seems vile to me.

raystone
12-09-2011, 08:33 AM
Rep Amash tirelessly explains the concept of personal rights to his constituents and supporters. I watched him battle the NRA over voting against the (unconstitutional) concealed carry reciprocity legislation. As most of his supporters said, the NRA picked the wrong guy to mess with. Amash is fearless, seems to always give the perfect liberty argument, and continuously promotes and defends Ron Paul.