PDA

View Full Version : If you could ask Dr. Ron Paul 1 question...

bmcosti
11-07-2007, 01:36 PM
What would it be?

I am hosting an exclusive conference call for Ron Paul tonight as a reward for the Chicago meetup.com group's fundraising efforts in the competition. I want to ask him questions from our Ron Paul supporters.

This will be in conjunction with our Grand Opening of the Illinois HQ for Ron Paul. It is highly likely that the local media will be in on this conference call so ask a question with that in mind.

I would appreciate your ideas.

andrewgreve
11-07-2007, 01:38 PM
Please ask him this:

"Dr. Paul, I have heard you mention the Austrian school of economics on several occasions. Can you please tell us what the Austrian school has taught you and how this education influences your economic policy? Also, can you please recommend one book on this topic that you have read and been influenced by?"

noxagol
11-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Could I get your endorsement when I run for office? hehe

I really can't single it down to one question though.

Santana28
11-07-2007, 01:44 PM
I wish i could make it tonight... hopefully i'll be there Saturday.

I'm curious to know if he will endorse and put some of his strength and support behind other people who decide to run for office on a "Ron Paul Republican" platform.

The next congressional elections should be highly interesting.... especially if we have a slate of similar-minded patriots ready to stand up alongside our new president ;)

walt
11-07-2007, 01:46 PM
How quickly after your election can you make hiring quotas illegal and make Martin Luther King's true dream of "living in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character" a reality?

I've been a supporter for 6 months and learn new things everyday about you and your highly complex platform, how can we simplfy your message to explain it to people in the short time we have before the elections?

Arthur Anderson imploded in Illinois due to Enron, I heard you do not support Saranes-Oxley, what would replace it?

Ron Paul Fan
11-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Ask him this...

"Hi, I'm Jill Hepger from Grinnell, Iowa. If you were President what would be your strategy for ending the war in Iraq?"

ckhagen
11-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Dr. Paul, pregnant women in this country are being trampled by rampant use of defensive medicine. Our cesarean rates are increasing rapidly, yet our infant mortality rates are second highest in the developed world. Maternal mortality rates are also rising. Midwives provide excellent, low-cost care for low-risk women and drastically reduce cesarean rates, yet they are illegal in 11 states and unregulated and subject to prosecution in others. ACOG lobbyists work hard to shut down midwifery. What would you do to change these trends?

CasualApathy
11-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Dr. Paul, would you collect donations for, and build a national monument to Jimi Hendrix if elected president? (I'm talking statue of liberty size)

The guitar should also be in fire, ala olympic torch...

http://www.musikbibliotek.dk/images/20/3303-8849.jpg http://www.metalorgie.com/grp_tof/1239-photo_Jimi_Hendrix.jpg http://www.murashev.com/dmdl/assets/artists/34.jpg

ROCK ON!

jcbraithwaite7
11-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Dr. Paul,

Since joining the campaign I have begun to take things said against you personally or get angry when you are slighted, marginalized or laughed at. It truly makes my blood boil and I want to shake sense into people who don't see what is going on in our country. How have you been able to keep this lone fight up for so long? How does it feel now that people are joining you?

In every interview you remain gracious, humble and upbeat. Do you ever scream, rant or want to pull your hair out in private? How do you keep your cool? Any pointers would be appreciated by the many passionate supporters trying to keep our cool!

Paulitician
11-07-2007, 02:05 PM
What do you think about Blackwater USA?

That's all I've got. I know pretty much everything about him already, except for that. I've only heard him talk about it a little.

Kregener
11-07-2007, 02:16 PM
"Why in the WORLD do you even WANT the job at this point in time?!?!?"

BillyDkid
11-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Would you be inclined to support the prosecution of Bush administration officials for treason (exposing a CIA agent, violating the Constitution, etc.) and for war crimes? Also, will the be an expedited way for citizens to defend themselves against abuse of their civil liberties by the states?

R_Harris
11-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Dr. Paul:

"You speak of the fact that the founders were 'non-interventionist' regarding their foreign policy. I want to cite two examples of where they could have broken with that thought:

1. The Barbary Coast wars. Did Jefferson break with "non-interventionism" by sending US naval and marine forces to the North African coast? While American merchant ships were being attacked, does 'non-intervention' allow military force to be exercised around the globe, while its immediate borders are not being theatened? Under what circumstances would you permit this?

2. The Monroe Doctrine. Did James Monroe break with non-interventionism with his doctrine that the Caribbean and Central American territories were not to be interfered with by other European countries, and that such activity might invite US retribution? How would you define 'American interests abroad' and how would that relate to non-intervention?"

CasualApathy
11-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Come on, JIMI HENDRIX! Who's with me?

Widely recognized as one of the most creative and influential musicians of the 20th century, Jimi Hendrix pioneered the explosive possibilities of the electric guitar. Hendrix's innovative style of combining fuzz, feedback and controlled distortion created a new musical form. Because he was unable to read or write music, it is nothing short of remarkable that Jimi Hendrix's meteoric rise in the music took place in just four short years. His musical language continues to influence a host of modern musicians, from George Clinton to Miles Davis, and Steve Vai to Jonny Lang.

Jimi Hendrix, born Johnny Allen Hendrix at 10:15 a.m. on November 27, 1942, at Seattle's King County Hospital, was later renamed James Marshall by his father, James "Al" Hendrix. Young Jimmy (as he was referred to at the time) took an interest in music, drawing influence from virtually every major artist at the time, including B.B. King, Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Buddy Holly, and Robert Johnson. Entirely self-taught, Jimmy's inability to read music made him concentrate even harder on the music he heard.

Al took notice of Jimmy's interest in the guitar, recalling, "I used to have Jimmy clean up the bedroom all the time while I was gone, and when I would come home I would find a lot of broom straws around the foot of the bed. I'd say to him, `Well didn't you sweep up the floor?' and he'd say, `Oh yeah,' he did. But I'd find out later that he used to be sitting at the end of the bed there and strumming the broom like he was playing a guitar." Al found an old one-string ukulele, which he gave to Jimmy to play a huge improvement over the broom.

By the summer of 1958, Al had purchased Jimmy a five-dollar, second-hand acoustic guitar from one of his friends. Shortly thereafter, Jimmy joined his first band, The Velvetones. After a three-month stint with the group, Jimmy left to pursue his own interests. The following summer, Al purchased Jimmy his first electric guitar, a Supro Ozark 1560S; Jimi used it when he joined The Rocking Kings.

In 1961, Jimmy left home to enlist in the United States Army and in November 1962 earned the right to wear the "Screaming Eagles" patch for the paratroop division. While stationed at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, Jimmy formed The King Casuals with bassist Billy Cox. After being discharged due to an injury he received during a parachute jump, Jimmy began working as a session guitarist under the name Jimmy James. By the end of 1965, Jimmy had played with several marquee acts, including Ike and Tina Turner, Sam Cooke, the Isley Brothers, and Little Richard. Jimmy parted ways with Little Richard to form his own band, Jimmy James and the Blue Flames, shedding the role of back-line guitarist for the spotlight of lead guitar.

Throughout the latter half of 1965, and into the first part of 1966, Jimmy played the rounds of smaller venues throughout Greenwich Village, catching up with Animals' bassist Chas Chandler during a July performance at Caf‚ Wha? Chandler was impressed with Jimmy's performance and returned again in September 1966 to sign Hendrix to an agreement that would have him move to London to form a new band.

Switching gears from bass player to manager, Chandler's first task was to change Hendrix's name to "Jimi." Featuring drummer Mitch Mitchell and bassist Noel Redding, the newly formed Jimi Hendrix Experience quickly became the talk of London in the fall of 1966.

The Experience's first single, "Hey Joe," spent ten weeks on the UK charts, topping out at spot No. 6 in early 1967. The debut single was quickly followed by the release of a full-length album Are You Experienced, a psychedelic musical compilation featuring anthems of a generation. Are You Experienced has remained one of the most popular rock albums of all time, featuring tracks like "Purple Haze," "The Wind Cries Mary," "Foxey Lady," "Fire," and "Are You Experienced?"

Although Hendrix experienced overwhelming success in Britain, it wasn't until he returned to America in June 1967 that he ignited the crowd at the Monterey International Pop Festival with his incendiary performance of "Wild Thing." Literally overnight, The Jimi Hendrix Experience became one of most popular and highest grossing touring acts in the world.

Hendrix followed Are You Experienced with Axis: Bold As Love. By 1968, Hendrix had taken greater control over the direction of his music; he spent considerable time working the consoles in the studio, with each turn of a knob or flick of the switch bringing clarity to his vision.

Back in America, Jimi Hendrix built his own recording studio, Electric Lady Studios in New York City. The name of this project became the basis for his most demanding musical release, a two LP collection, Electric Ladyland. Throughout 1968, the demands of touring and studio work took its toll on the group and in 1969 the Experience disbanded.

The summer of 1969 brought emotional and musical growth to Jimi Hendrix. In playing the Woodstock Music & Art Fair in August 1969, Jimi joined forces with an eclectic ensemble called Gypsy Sun & Rainbows featuring Jimi Hendrix, Mitch Mitchell, Billy Cox, Juma Sultan, and Jerry Velez. The Woodstock performance was highlighted by the renegade version of "Star Spangled Banner," which brought the mud-soaked audience to a frenzy.

Nineteen sixty-nine also brought about a new and defining collaboration featuring Jimi Hendrix on guitar, bassist Billy Cox and Electric Flag drummer Buddy Miles. Performing as the Band of Gypsys, this trio launched a series of four New Year's performances on December 31, 1969 and January 1, 1970. Highlights from these performances were compiled and later released on the quintessential Band of Gypsys album in mid-1970 and the expanded Hendrix: Live At The Fillmore East in 1999.

As 1970 progressed, Jimi brought back drummer Mitch Mitchell to the group and together with Billy Cox on bass, this new trio once again formed The Jimi Hendrix Experience. In the studio, the group recorded several tracks for another two LP set, tentatively titled First Rays Of The New Rising Sun. Unfortunately, Hendrix was unable to see this musical vision through to completion due to his hectic worldwide touring schedules, then tragic death on September 18, 1970. Fortunately, the recordings Hendrix slated for release on the album were finally issued through the support of his family and original studio engineer Eddie Kramer on the 1997 release First Rays Of The New Rising Sun.

From demo recordings to finished masters, Jimi Hendrix generated an amazing collection of songs over the course of his short career. The music of Jimi Hendrix embraced the influences of blues, ballads, rock, R&B, and jazz a collection of styles that continue to make Hendrix one of the most popular figures in the history of rock music.

He played his own shit, he didn't play nobody else's stuff like they do now. Jimi was original.
- Albert Collins

He was very self-effacing about his music but then when he picked up that guitar he was just a monster.
- Paul McCartney

"We will only be at peace when the power of love conquers the love of power."
- Jimi Hendrix

Kregener
11-07-2007, 02:31 PM
He played his own shit, he didn't play nobody else's stuff like they do now. Jimi was original.

All Along the Watchtower - Originally by Bob Dylan

Born Under a Bad Sign - Originally by Albert King

Catfish Blues - Originally by Muddy Waters

Hey Joe - Originally by The Leaves

Star Spangled Banner - Originally written by Francis Scott Key

Wild Thing - Originally by The Wild Ones

BillyDkid
11-07-2007, 02:35 PM
I might ask if he would be inclined to overcome his principles enough to support a law which would compell attractive women to be especially nice to old, ugly guys like me.

traviskicks
11-07-2007, 02:44 PM
What would it be?

I am hosting an exclusive conference call for Ron Paul tonight as a reward for the Chicago meetup.com group's fundraising efforts in the competition. I want to ask him questions from our Ron Paul supporters.

This will be in conjunction with our Grand Opening of the Illinois HQ for Ron Paul. It is highly likely that the local media will be in on this conference call so ask a question with that in mind.

Will he abolish the FDA already and save thousands of American lives!?! :)

CasualApathy
11-07-2007, 02:46 PM
All Along the Watchtower - Originally by Bob Dylan

Born Under a Bad Sign - Originally by Albert King

Catfish Blues - Originally by Muddy Waters

Hey Joe - Originally by The Leaves

Star Spangled Banner - Originally written by Francis Scott Key

Wild Thing - Originally by The Wild Ones

Dude, that post was a bummer, but true.

However, you only have to listen to Jimi's music to hear that the quote is accurate. There is nothing like it, even now 40 years later. Stevie Ray Vaughan got close, but most musicians agree, it's Jimi, and then everybody else ;)

Btw. Bob Dylan has said that it was after he heard Jimi's version of "All Along The Watchtower" that he decided he had to go electric with his music (much to the anger of his fans)

EvilEngineer
11-07-2007, 03:14 PM
My question:

"Can I call you, Dad?.. or at least granddad, your grand daughters are hot "

angelatc
11-07-2007, 03:18 PM
How are you going to fit us all into the White House for the Inaugural Ball?

Oh wait - maybe I'll ask him myself!!! :)

The party starts at 6:30, and the address is 136 E. Golf Road Arlington Heights , IL 60188! Bring 50 of your closest friends!

framecut
11-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Dr. Paul, pregnant women in this country are being trampled by rampant use of defensive medicine. Our cesarean rates are increasing rapidly, yet our infant mortality rates are second highest in the developed world. Maternal mortality rates are also rising. Midwives provide excellent, low-cost care for low-risk women and drastically reduce cesarean rates, yet they are illegal in 11 states and unregulated and subject to prosecution in others. ACOG lobbyists work hard to shut down midwifery. What would you do to change these trends?

Hey! This is a really good question!!!!!

framecut
11-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Dr. Paul,

Since joining the campaign I have begun to take things said against you personally or get angry when you are slighted, marginalized or laughed at. It truly makes my blood boil and I want to shake sense into people who don't see what is going on in our country.=-

Dr. Paul's answer would be: "Take a break, get laid, do drugs, just don't hurt anyone!"

erblo
11-07-2007, 03:23 PM
I wish someone would ask him in a debate, for clarification, if he considers Islamic extremism a threat to our country, and what he plans to do to protect our country from it without acting like world police?

John of Des Moines
11-07-2007, 04:21 PM
[If you could ask Dr. Paul 1 question] ... What would it be? ... I would appreciate your ideas.

Paper or Plastic? :rolleyes:

parke
11-07-2007, 04:24 PM
What do your supporters need to do, once you are elected president, to make sure your legislation passes?

JosephTheLibertarian
I'd ask him, as President: Would you do anything to make it easier for third parties to participate in the political system? At the federal level...

Nefertiti
What would it be?

I already got an answer directly from him to a question I asked on the Washington Post question and answer session. I asked him what the military would look like after he brought all the troops home.

conner_condor
11-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Would you allow us to stop in at the whitehouse for a visit and take the fence down so we can do so easily.. I don't think he would have to worry about security with alot of his supporters around the place...:D:D

sylvania
11-07-2007, 04:29 PM
To Dr. Paul:

It appears many of your competitors have significantly more visits to the key primary states. Are you planning more visits to Iowa, Nevada and South Carolina soon?

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Brian-Here's a question I really would love to hear him answer. I can't make it to the event out in Arlington Heights at this point but I will be in on the call from home. I've got a specific country in mind but I will make the question more general so that it has greater applicability but here it is: Would US diplomatic relations with a Muslim country differ in any respect if it were ruled by a secularly-oriented dictator versus a democratically chosen Islamic government operating under sharia law?

JoshLowry
11-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Maybe ask him Suzu's question: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=30330

jumpyg1258
11-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Since I am from Pittsburgh just like Ron is my question would be...

Cowboys or Steelers?

:D

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Maybe ask him Suzu's question: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=30330

Good idea. I'm not a Native American but I thought that was an excellent question because it seems there is absolutely nothing online that he has ever said about Native Americans.

jumpyg1258
11-07-2007, 04:43 PM
I'd ask him, as President: Would you do anything to make it easier for third parties to participate in the political system? At the federal level...

I believe he has already tried to get legislation passed regarding this issue with of course no luck.

robert4rp08
11-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Why do those that attend the Bilderberg Group meetings go unpunished (via the Logan act)?

ValidusCustodiae
11-07-2007, 05:28 PM

CoreyBowen999
11-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Since I am from Pittsburgh just like Ron is my question would be...

Cowboys or Steelers?

:D

GO COWBOYS :)

Jobarra
11-07-2007, 05:36 PM
My question(I keep meaning to make a Youtube video to submit for the debate):
"Should Congress remain on an improper course and be unwilling to end the drug war or abolish the IRS, would you consider using the pardon powers delegated to the Executive branch to pardon those who break non-violent unconstitutional Federal laws? I know there is nothing you can do about the myriad of state and local laws, but this would be a start and render these Federal laws void during your time in office while saving taxpayers Billions."

Richandler
11-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Um CNN YouTube Debates!

Hurricane Bruiser
11-07-2007, 05:40 PM

I like that midwife question. Better not ask Romney about it though because he'll figure it means your 2nd or 3rd wife.

Hurricane Bruiser
11-07-2007, 05:42 PM
What additional constitutional amendments would you push for to increase personal freedom from federal, state, and local governments which often ignore people's rights?

westmich4paul
11-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Mr. Paul could I buy you and your family dinner? I at least owe you that much for curing my apathy!

Kap
11-07-2007, 05:57 PM
What will Ron Paul do about No Child Left Behind? I have many teacher friends who are frustrated with the law and the efforts of our national teacher unions to fix the law.

I already know what he plans to do with the U.S. Department of Education, but many teachers have mixed feelings on getting rid of it. If he were to say he would get rid of No Child Left Behind however, I could convince many of them to support him.

OptionsTrader
11-07-2007, 06:01 PM
If you could ask Dr. Ron Paul 1 question...

Do you have any cabinet openings :)

Ron Paul Fan
11-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Ron Paul is absolutely opposed to No Child Left Behind and wants to give more power to the teachers and parents. He refered to the bill as "No Bureaucrat Left Behind."

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=781

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/topic.php?id=13

More goodies on education to woo the teachers! Tax cuts for all!

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 06:08 PM
I know a preschool teacher here in Chicago who would love to see Ron Paul president and the end of No Child Left Behind, even if it means the end of her job as well.

Cissey
11-07-2007, 06:19 PM
I live in a small town about 100 miles from Houston. I am retired and live on a fixed income but have plenty of time to donate so please tell me Dr. Paul, what can I do with "time" to promote your Presidential campaign?

Thank you.

traviskicks
11-07-2007, 06:44 PM

Actually I don't think those stats are accurate because of how infant mortality is measured:

http://www.overpopulation.com/articles/2002/cuba-vs-the-united-states-on-infant-mortality/

but I do agree the monopolies the various profesional liscencing groups have should be ended.

danda
11-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Question about VICTIMLESS CRIMES and the DRUG WAR

Dr. Paul, it is a fact that America has the highest percentage of its population in prison of any country. Over 2 million individuals, or 1 of every 136 people. The majority are in prison for non-violent victimless crimes, such as drug possession, or even prostitution. We spend over 60 Billion dollars annually on "corrections" alone, and more on enforcement. The extraordinary rate of incarceration in the United States wreaks havoc on individuals, families and communities, and saps the strength of the nation as a whole. So do you agree that laws prohibiting victimless crimes are incompatible with a free society, and if so, would you consider pardoning some or all of these individuals?

Could be followed up with: Would you go about changing the law to end the Drug War, and if so, how would you proceed?

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_prison_population#Population_statist ics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_prison_population#Criticism

danda
11-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Perhaps the question could be simplified to something like:

Would you endorse and promote an amendment to the constitution that strikes down any existing laws against victimless crimes, and prohibits the creation of new ones? If so, would you consider pardoning the 1million+ individuals currently incarcerated for victimless crimes?

AceNZ
11-07-2007, 07:46 PM
I understand that you're in favor of repealing the 16th amendment and abolishing the income tax and the IRS. If you did that, how would the government pay for anything?

MikeStanart
11-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Mr. President;

Will you please sign my pocket-book Constitution?

MikeStanart
11-07-2007, 07:50 PM
I understand that you're in favor of abolishing the income tax and the IRS. If you did that, how would the government pay for anything?

Roughly 35-40% of the US income comes from the income tax.

Reduce the pork elsewhere; and its not a problem at all.

AceNZ
11-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Roughly 35-40% of the US income comes from the income tax.

Reduce the pork elsewhere; and its not a problem at all.

I know his answer.... If we're going to ask him questions in public, it seems like they should be designed to attract new supporters, right?

Drknows
11-07-2007, 08:06 PM
What would it be?

Id ask him to use this AD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Med926aDBoc

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD USE THIS AD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 08:10 PM
??? That looks like a paint commercial with swatches flashing around.

SwanMaiden
11-07-2007, 08:10 PM
It would have to be, "Dr. Paul, why are you so awesome?":cool:

CurtisLow
11-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Dr. Paul,
After you become US President will you stay in the white House on a permanent basis for one year and change everything you talked about and make all the changes almost irreversible so we as a country will never have to deal with the mess we are now in?

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 08:30 PM
They are waiting for Dr. Paul to come on the line. Someone was whistling the Jeopardy theme song.

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 08:39 PM
He's on now!

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 08:40 PM
He's saying they are getting lots of media attention now since Monday.

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 08:42 PM
He is attending a Bernake hearing tomorrow in DC and he is talking about the dropping dollar. He had a good day in NH. He had CNN pleading with him to get him on the air from the first thing in the morning.

CurtisLow
11-07-2007, 08:42 PM
He's on now!

On where?

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 08:43 PM
They are ordering more television ads.

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Conference call with the Chicago Meetup Group.

sylvania
11-07-2007, 08:44 PM
He's on a conference call with the Chicago meetup group. They won a conference call from that fundraising event in August.

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Economist with the IMF stopped him at the airport last night and told him he agreed with him, even with getting rid of the IMF!

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Now for the questions.

100 people are at the opening of the Illinois office according to Brain.

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Q: What steps to get rid of the Fed?
A: Not easy, president alone can't do it. but if he is elected it will get the attention needed. If we were sensible we would balance the budget immediately by attacking overseas spending to reassure the markets and not throw anyone out in the streets here. We need to legalize gold and silver as money, which means changing tax code, but the congress would need to do this, and the people would have to push them to do this. First time in 100 years monetary policy brought up in presidential campaign.

CurtisLow
11-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Is there anyway for us to hear it? Is it podcast on the internet?

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Q: How soon to remove troops from Iraq?
A: Make announcement immediately. Say we are no longer in the business of occupation. It would be de facto ceasefire. Feasibly a lot of movement out in 3 months. And thinks shooting would quit. People might start talking to eachother in Iraq. 3-6 months most of the troops out. More important the world knows we would not make a first strike against Iranians. Would change attitudes around world and make the price of oil go down.

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Sorry it's supposed to be for the Chicago Meetup only so I can't give out the code.

Q: Difference between isolationist and non-intervention in the media?

A: I don't like the world isolationist because it doesn't mean trade and friendship. But non-intervention encourage friendship travel and trade and investment and visits between presidents. Brings up Vietnam example. Doesn't like tariffs and sanctions. Doesn't like protectionism.

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Q: HOw will you reinforce Bill of Rights, particularly 2nd Amendment?

A: Violation of Bill of Rights behind 9-11. No guns on airplanes. Owners of planes should have protected passengers. Pilots with guns. All the amendments are being violated since 9-11. Loss of habeas corpus, privacy, national id, secret prisons and tortures. He says president could advise the attorney general not to enforce unconstitutional laws.

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Q: When are you coming back to Chicago?
A: Don't know.

benhaskins
11-07-2007, 08:56 PM
if people lose their jobs from a reduction in the role of the federal government will they qualify for food stamps ?

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Q: What can we do to help you win?
A: What you have all done is so overwhelming is keep doing what you are doing because whatever you are doing is the right thing. It has sparked the campaign. And he says he is sincere in thanking us for allowing him to join the revolution. We have proven we can raise money outside campaign. Be as creative as possible. Strategywise you are always told you have to have your logo be alike. This campaign has 1000 different logos. keep up the good work.

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Crowd is going crazy.

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 08:58 PM
That's it.

sylvania
11-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Thank you for the recap!

CurtisLow
11-07-2007, 09:00 PM
[QUOTE=Nefertiti;372979]Sorry it's supposed to be for the Chicago Meetup only so I can't give out the code.

No problem, thanks

murrayrothbard
11-07-2007, 09:05 PM
I would love to hear RP answer this:

"Dr. Paul, when you become President, will you use your executive authority to order MASSIVE and EXTENSIVE declassification of secret government documents, records, etc? Will you use an executive order to undo previous presidents' orders sealing their records from public scrutiny?"

noxagol
11-07-2007, 09:26 PM
I would love to hear RP answer this:

"Dr. Paul, when you become President, will you use your executive authority to order MASSIVE and EXTENSIVE declassification of secret government documents, records, etc? Will you use an executive order to undo previous presidents' orders sealing their records from public scrutiny?"

thats a good one. I would like to see ALL documents declassified and unedited for public viewing. Except those that detail current military equipment.

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 09:33 PM
There was one thing that bothered me about how he talked during this call. He kept referring to the president in the third person-"the president could do this the president could do that", but never "I would do this or I would do that." I don't know if he talks this way on TV or not but using the first person would sound more confident.

Matt Collins
11-08-2007, 12:46 AM
Ask to sniff his fingers. He's been in more women than most guys ever have! :D

Hamburglar
11-08-2007, 12:48 AM
Boxers or briefs?

tetrahedralflowers
08-21-2011, 08:53 PM
What if, as the troops were leaving the countries they had been occupying, the army of that country, instead of merely observing the US soldiers' departure, put them into prison and demanded a large ransom for each? What would US Foreign Policy do then? Do we have the money to rescue them? Or would we just print it?

zHorns
08-24-2011, 08:53 PM
What if, as the troops were leaving the countries they had been occupying, the army of that country, instead of merely observing the US soldiers' departure, put them into prison and demanded a large ransom for each? What would US Foreign Policy do then? Do we have the money to rescue them? Or would we just print it?

Not that this relates to your question.

But, this reminds me when I talked to my family about Ron Paul's foreign policy. They would come up with random scenarios that have no historical basis and ask what would he do? Of course, I'm guessing they believed perpetual war would protect us from all evil.

trey4sports
08-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Ask to sniff his fingers. He's been in more women than most guys ever have! :D

wow - bad form