PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry Rick Perry says we're at war with Iran

pauliticalfan
12-08-2011, 06:51 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/08/rick-perry-gaffe-iran_n_1137603.html

OKATIE, S.C. -- Republican presidential hopeful Rick Perry is correcting himself after saying the US is at war in Iran instead of Iraq.

At a campaign stop Thursday in South Carolina, a woman asked the Texas governor his views on current U.S. military operations and how they compare to the nation's role in World War II.

Perry began the answer by talking about Iran and Afghanistan before someone in the audience interrupted him. The Texas governor quickly realized he misspoke, joking that the comment "will be on the front page."

Similar gaffes have plagued Perry, including an incident last month when he forgot, during a presidential debate, which of three federal agencies he had proposed to abolish.

How is this guy still running?

Dr.3D
12-08-2011, 06:54 PM
LOL, I was going to ask if Iran had declared war on the U.S. or if perhaps congress had done something without telling anybody.

rambone
12-09-2011, 12:09 AM
Somebody has already blown up two of their nuclear research facilities, killing dozens of scientists as well as a general.

I think he slipped out some of his insider information.

kylejack
12-09-2011, 12:11 AM
His 'gaffe' was in fact the truth. We're running surveillance in their skies and assassinating their scientists. We are waging undeclared war against Iran.

Restore America Now
12-09-2011, 03:56 AM
Freudian slip?

Republicanguy
12-09-2011, 06:31 AM
The last thing he said about conflict was Soldiers being sent into Mexico to help deal with the drug cartel threat. Stupid guy, he should look back to his state's early history. Those Texans fought a war and lost many, they were in rags.

Stupid man, trying to repeat history and not looking at it differently. And saying "Why not" and "what if".

ZanZibar
12-09-2011, 08:57 AM
Really? Because I didn't know our government was at war with Iraq or Afghanistan either. Or for that matter Korea, Vietnam, or Russia.

Muttley
12-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Definitely a slip of the tongue. The masters will make him pay for that one!

WilliamC
12-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Really? Because I didn't know our government was at war with Iraq or Afghanistan either. Or for that matter Korea, Vietnam, or Russia.

de facto, not de jure.