PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me?

Mommy2Princesses
11-07-2007, 01:18 PM
I have a friend who has agreed to vote for Ron Paul in the primaries and has actually probably converted a few of his co workers. However - he really leans more toward Fred Thompson. Other than the fact he's boring lifeless fellow -what facts do any of you have or sites can you refer me to in order to show Fred's unworthiness??? TIA!!!

DaronWestbrooke
11-07-2007, 01:19 PM
FredThompsonForum.com
Just let us know what his hot buttons are and we can put whatever you want there.

schmeisser
11-07-2007, 01:21 PM
I've started turning it around on people. Whenever they mention another candidate, I say "Who? Oh, He couldn't win an election for dogcatcher! - No chance."

freelance
11-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Perhaps it would help if you shared some of your friend's major issues and why she likes Fred Thompson.

Kregener
11-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Tell them that to support a candidate based upon acting jobs in TV and movies is the equivalent of choosing a doctor based upon his hairstyle.

LibertyEagle
11-07-2007, 01:26 PM
I have a friend who has agreed to vote for Ron Paul in the primaries and has actually probably converted a few of his co workers. However - he really leans more toward Fred Thompson. Other than the fact he's boring lifeless fellow -what facts do any of you have or sites can you refer me to in order to show Fred's unworthiness??? TIA!!!

Wait, just a few minutes. I'll get you some links. Be right back.

eyeswideopen
11-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Try this site:

http://conservativesagainstfred.wordpress.com

ARealConservative
11-07-2007, 01:28 PM
the guy spent his adult life either acting or working as a lobbyist.

If your friend agrees with 99% of Americans that special interest lobbyists are a problem, then Thompson is the very last choice they should make.

Or, if I don't have enough time to articulate my thoughts, just say "A vote for _______ is a vote for Bush". I have found that to be quite damning. :D

LibertyEagle
11-07-2007, 01:33 PM
ALL KINDS of good stuff here, on many aspects of Fred:
http://conservativesagainstfred.wordpress.com/

Fred Thompson, the Faux Conservative by Richard Viguerie (long-time traditional conservative)
http://www.conservativesbetrayed.com/gw3/articles-latestnews/articles.php?CMSArticleID=2438&CMSCategoryID=19
(there is even a comparison of Fred and Ron, here)

These should be plenty. :)

LibertyEagle
11-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Perhaps it would help if you shared some of your friend's major issues and why she likes Fred Thompson.

Yes. Good suggestion. Find this out first, then you'll know what to talk to him about.

Mommy2Princesses
11-07-2007, 03:02 PM
its a "he" and he's actually historically a hard core Bush supporter. So... pro-life is HUGE for him. He's a huge fan of Ronald Reagan so I've tried to play on that. But he always has a way of making me feel dumb LOL.. Not hard I guess. But I did share some with him but any info is good so that he can see that Freddie isn't Mr. Conservative!

micahnelson
11-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Don't let him make you feel dumb.

If its the war, don't try to convince him on peace- many are sold on the idea of eternal war to preserve peace. Instead, use Ron Paul's angle. We simply cannot afford it. We need a national security policy we can afford. We have to scale back from what we are spending now because it is not sustainable. If we wait too long to reorganize we will be vulnerable to much more than just terrorists. It shouldn't be too hard to show why we have much to fear from the economy.

Fred Thompson was a lobbyist. Why would he change the system when he IS the system?