PDA

View Full Version : I just voted for Ron Paul

Keith and stuff
12-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Since I will be with the New Year's with Ron Paul folks, I will not be in my hometown on election day. Therefore, I had to vote by absentee ballot. Absentee voting started today where I live. In fact, when I went to vote, the envelop with the ballots hadn't even been opened. I'm pretty sure I was the first voter in town. It took a few minutes but I voted at the same place I picked up the ballot - the clerk office. I picked up the ballot. I filled it out. I sealed the two envelops and handed it to the clerk.

The ballot just had one question. There were 30 choices. Ron Paul was 7th from the bottom. Mitt Romney was about 3rd from the bottom. Herman Cain is still on the ballot, of course. I voted Ron Paul.

It feels great to vote for Ron Paul. I'm spreading the word so people know that it is time to absentee vote.

At least where I live in New Hampshire:
Ron Paul 1
Everyone else 0

Sample ballot
https://www.sos.nh.gov/Republican%20ballot.pdf

bluesc
12-08-2011, 02:39 PM
RRRRRON PAUL!

tsai3904
12-08-2011, 02:45 PM
You are probably one of the first persons in the country to vote for Ron Paul in this election!

On a side note, we need to get the college students to vote NOW before they leave for winter break.

Edit: Here is a list of NH college winter break schedules:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?330908-New-Hampshire-Colleges-Winter-Break-Schedules

vroomery
12-08-2011, 02:48 PM
You are probably one of the first persons in the country to vote for Ron Paul in this election!

On a side note, we need to get the college students to vote NOW before they leave for winter break.

This could be huge! If all of those college students went and voted absentee, we could keep from losing what might be a good chunk of the college vote.

evadmurd
12-08-2011, 02:50 PM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?330908-New-Hampshire-Colleges-Winter-Break-Schedules

Absolutely!

pauladin
12-08-2011, 02:54 PM
ron paul supporters are so hardcore they vote a month early.

Umbro2914
12-08-2011, 03:19 PM
you do not need special registeration to vote absentee in NH? anyone thats registered can just show up early and vote?

singe22
12-08-2011, 03:23 PM
You are a patriot Keith and stuff. I hope Ron Paul is still going strong when it comes my turn here in California.

AlexAmore
12-08-2011, 03:24 PM
So far Ron Paul is actually winning!

rideurlightning
12-08-2011, 03:24 PM
WE'RE WINNING!

tsai3904
12-08-2011, 03:25 PM
you do not need special registeration to vote absentee in NH? anyone thats registered can just show up early and vote?

Here is the application for an absentee ballot:
http://sos.nh.gov/Absentee%20Ballot%20Application%202012%20OFFICIAL. pdf

According to the application, you must fall under one of these categories:

I plan to be absent on the day of the election from the city, town, or unincorporated place where I am domiciled.
I cannot appear in public on election day because of observance of a religious commitment.
I am unable to vote in person due to a disability.
I cannot appear at any time during polling hours at my polling place because an employment obligation requires me to remain physically at work or to be in transit to or from work from the time the polls open until after the time the polls close.

unknown
12-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Since I will be with the New Year's with Ron Paul folks, I will not be in my hometown on election day. Therefore, I had to vote by absentee ballot. Absentee voting started today where I live. In fact, when I went to vote, the envelop with the ballots hadn't even been opened. I'm pretty sure I was the first voter in town. It took a few minutes but I voted at the same place I picked up the ballot - the clerk office. I picked up the ballot. I filled it out. I sealed the two envelops and handed it to the clerk.

The ballot just had one question. There were 30 choices. Ron Paul was 7th from the bottom. Mitt Romney was about 3rd from the bottom. Herman Cain is still on the ballot, of course. I voted Ron Paul.

It feels great to vote for Ron Paul. I'm spreading the word so people know that it is time to absentee vote.

Ron Paul 1
Everyone else 0

Sample ballot

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/jakesteel1/Pics%20and%20Gifs/ef4781e4.gif

And who the hell are all those people on the ballot? :(

roversaurus
12-08-2011, 03:32 PM
You are my hero!!!!
Now go get other people to do it. Especially the ones who are borderline. Especially the youth vote. I don't know how many college kids "just won't have the time" when the day comes.

Ron Paul 1
Everyone else 0

Sample ballot

Keith and stuff
12-08-2011, 03:36 PM

NH doesn't have early voting. However, you can use absentee voting as a substitute for early voting if you have a valid reason, as I did. I was already a registered voter so it was very easy for me. If you are not already a registered voter, you can still absentee vote on the spot. However, you are supposed to have an I.D. but it could even be from a different state.

Voting is exceedingly easy in NH. Even if you cannot prove your residency, you can sign an affidavit claiming that you swear under penalty of law that you do in fact live where you say you live. You cannot do that if you are trying to register a car or anything, but you can with voting.

I don't recommend that everyone absentee vote. However, if you are going to be out of town (like many of the college students and Ron Paul election day activists) on election day, I highly recommend it!

eduardo89
12-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Why is Herman Cain still on the ballot? Is it because he only suspended his campaign and didn't officially end it? Or is it just because they already had the absentee ballots printed and the regular ballots will exclude him?

Keith and stuff
12-08-2011, 03:37 PM
And who the hell are all those people on the ballot? :(

NH has the most people on the ballot. It's a tradition. It only cost $1,000 to get on the ballot in NH.

eduardo89
12-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Another question, is it possible to absentee caucus? I know that probably doesn't make any sense....

tsai3904
12-08-2011, 04:18 PM
I don't recommend that everyone absentee vote. However, if you are going to be out of town (like many of the college students and Ron Paul election day activists) on election day, I highly recommend it!

This needs to be top priority right now because most colleges leave for break this week or next week. Do our youth leaders in NH know that absentee voting has begun?

sailingaway
12-08-2011, 04:40 PM
+rep!!!

Keith and stuff
12-08-2011, 05:19 PM
This needs to be top priority right now because most colleges leave for break this week or next week. Do our youth leaders in NH know that absentee voting has begun?

Yes. I just called the Northeast YFP Director today and told him that I voted. He was likely busy getting Paul votes so I left a message.

I don't have answers to eduardo89's questions. My guess is that this will be the same ballot used on Jan 10th.

speciallyblend
12-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Another question, is it possible to absentee caucus? I know that probably doesn't make any sense....

haha i hear ya;) There is no way to absentee caucus:) at least that i know of! In colorado you must attend caucus to vote and become a delegate!

Keith and stuff
12-14-2011, 05:30 AM
In NH, you can lookup if your town/city has received your absentee ballot. While I voted with an absentee ballot in person, people often do it through the mail. I used the website and of course, found that the city I live in did in fact have my absentee ballot :)

http://cfs.sos.nh.gov/app/Public/AbsenteeBallot.aspx

So I am wondering, as anyone else voted for Ron Paul yet?

Working Poor
12-14-2011, 07:37 AM
We have to get the students in Iowa who will not be in town on election day to get it together to vote absentee !!!! Go students!

Elwar
12-14-2011, 07:41 AM
So...can we call NH?

Keith and stuff
12-14-2011, 07:51 AM
We have to get the students in Iowa who will not be in town on election day to get it together to vote absentee !!!! Go students!

I think you mean New Hampshire.

So...can we call NH?

I don't understand the question.

Elwar
12-14-2011, 09:11 AM
I don't understand the question.

Call it...for Ron Paul.

I always see the results on election night with something like 25% reporting and the media calls the election for the candidate in the lead...

tsai3904
12-14-2011, 10:04 AM
So I am wondering, as anyone else voted for Ron Paul yet?

Yea, I'm not sure why this isn't a bigger deal especially since our biggest support comes from college students and most college students will be leaving for break soon, which makes them unreliable to vote. Is there a focus to get college students to at least request absentee ballots let alone vote absentee? I'm really surprised that we're not hearing about a massive effort to get the college students to vote absentee.

KingRobbStark
12-14-2011, 10:22 AM
I wish I could for Paul right now. I is hella sad now.

parocks
12-14-2011, 10:54 AM

And they're almost out the door.

tsai3904
12-14-2011, 10:57 AM
And they're almost out the door.

Yea I know. Is it some sort of campaign secret that no one is suppose to know about? We can literally get votes for Ron Paul today if we make a push for it or at least make sure the students request absentee ballots before they for break.

parocks
12-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Yea I know. Is it some sort of campaign secret that no one is suppose to know about? We can literally get votes for Ron Paul today if we make a push for it or at least make sure the students request absentee ballots before they for break.

We should send everybody we can to the universities for the next 3 days - especially UNH Durham.