PDA

View Full Version : Action Plegde

rpbr
11-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, so I think I should show my Ron Paul credentials: I'm the brazilian who wrote "The conservative case for Ron Paul" which was published on Lew Rockwell.

So, I have a suggestion to make: why not create an "action pledge", something similar to a money bomb, but which envolves certains steps.

Here is what I thoght that could make it more effective:

- Have weekly goals.

People tend to be lazy. If you have a weekly deadline, your productivity you grow exponetialy.

- Make it self growing

Have, as one of the goals, to bring new members

- Use it to build an action mailing list to coordinate projects.

Here is what I have in mind:

Become a Ron Paul Patriote

Weekly goals:

1. Spread Ron Paul's name to 100 new people.

2. Convert 4 new Ron Paul Patriots.

3. Donate 25 bucks.

Think about how fast it could spread: if you start with 1,000 it grow to 5,000 in one week. Then, it would grow again do 25,000 and then to over 100,000.

Wouldn't it be huge?

Pareto's law says that you get most of your results of 20% attempts. If you talk to 100 people, 20 will listen to you, and 4 will became suppoters.

It's just an avarage, but it could work.

If anyone takes that idea, he sould make a website with pratical actions members should make and should mail a "to do list" every week.

So, what do you think?

rpbr
11-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Sorry for my poor english. If I don't revise, I make spelling mistakes, and I'm quite busy these days. Be nice to a Ron Paul friend.

xerxesdarius
11-07-2007, 01:26 PM
This is an excellent idea, lets clone ourselves. You need an actual unit of activity for the various different things that bring supporters. Otherwise, there will be no real way to equate different efforts to get 4 supporters a week.

Perhaps this:

Waiving signs - lowest effectiveness in reaching supporters - 1 hour at busy intersection or overpass = 1 supporter

Bumper sticker - medium effectiveness = 1 supporter

Hanging signs - medium effectiveness - 2 permanent signs or 5 temporary signs = 1 supporter

Phone bank, letter writing - higher effectiveness - 1 hour = 2 supporters

Door to door, working events, personal contact - high effectiveness - 1 hour = 2 supporters

You get the idea. I am not certain that my estimates are correct, perhaps we could get some insight from veteran campaigners. I like the donation pledge component too. Give it a snappy name, website and I think we have a winner.

I'll sign up.

rpbr
11-07-2007, 01:34 PM
As far as counting new convert, it should count people who actually register in the new site. That way, the number of pledges would keep growing.

But I can't do it myself. I have neither the time, plus it could have legal issues: I'm not american.

Can anyone pick up this idea?

Maybe a PAC should do it.

Think about this: if it work, you would have a huge mailing list of commited supporters. This has huge potential. It could grow the tension till the TeaParty and then redirect everyone to donate on that day.

xerxesdarius
11-07-2007, 01:40 PM
As far as counting new convert, it should count people who actually register in the new site. That way, the number of pledges would keep growing.

But I can't do it myself. I have neither the time, plus it could have legal issues: I'm not american.

Can anyone pick up this idea?

Maybe a PAC should do it.

Think about this: if it work, you would have a huge mailing list of commited supporters. This has huge potential. It could grow the tension till the TeaParty and then redirect everyone to donate on that day.

I agree that the action pledge should focus on getting new converts, but not everyone is suited to direct campaigning. I take my daughter almost every weekend and personally contact hundreds, but even if Trevor Lyman (Nov 5th guy) never passes out a single slim jim, he has done plenty.

There should be some activity in the pledge that everyone can get behind, in my opinion.

rpbr
11-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Good point.

Can we have more people on this? Anyone is out there?

sirachman
11-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Id like to integrate this into the 6degree from facebook esque idea that was posted in another topic ill get the link. People could "level up" so to speak based on their achievements.

sirachman
11-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Here is the link to the thing I think this idea should be integrated into:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33297

rpbr
11-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Can someone make that idea get to people in charge of ronpaulmoneybomb.com or TeaParty?

The basic idea: combine donation with actions step.

This would give people an incentive for action on the ground.

Making weekly goals would make it even more effective.

Someone?