PDA

View Full Version : LOL Rick Perry turns down Trump debate...

wgadget
12-08-2011, 12:28 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1211/70107.html

Ron The Boss rules.

wgadget
12-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Ron Paul is a TRUE LEADER. He has all the GOP nominees using his ideas for soundbites, and he has them following in his principled footsteps.

I ♥ Ron Paul.

smartguy911
12-08-2011, 12:30 PM
WOW JUST WOW

trey4sports
12-08-2011, 12:31 PM
lolz.

I'm hopin' its a bachmann, and newt debate now.

wgadget
12-08-2011, 12:32 PM
I think Trump oughta see if Obama is interested. After all, the only reason some voters like Newt is to see him debate Obie.

May as well get it over with, and maybe he can charge pay per view. Money-making situation.

LOL

pauladin
12-08-2011, 12:32 PM
trump is toxic. i wonder if they'll cancel this thing or just have newt, bachmann, and santorum there kissing donald's a**. embarrassing. probably a negative for all candidates who show up.

wgadget
12-08-2011, 12:33 PM
trump is toxic. i wonder if they'll cancel this thing or just have newt, bachmann, and santorum there kissing donald's a**. embarrassing. probably a negative for all candidates who show up.

Sounds good to me (the negatives) as these are our primary competition.

CableNewsJunkie
12-08-2011, 12:33 PM
ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

pauliticalfan
12-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Such a polite, weak, ass-kissing statement. Is Ron Paul the only one with guts?

hillertexas
12-08-2011, 12:34 PM
amazing

Student Of Paulism
12-08-2011, 12:38 PM
LMAO. Well i think this shouldn't come as surprise. Once Mitt bowed out, it was only a matter of time before the other sheep followed. Lol it's funny imagining in my mind with just Michelle , Newt and Rick there now hahhaa.

Safe to say it's going to get cancelled for sure. No way in hell the others are going to make themselves look this dumb for attending.

Sarah Palin said recently they are making a mistake to not attend...hmm....what was that, huh huh hmm? lol

KingRobbStark
12-08-2011, 12:38 PM
I wish it would be Newt vs Newt.

jkob
12-08-2011, 12:39 PM
hopefully Bachmann turns it down too

Newt would look like a butt kissing fool

IterTemporis
12-08-2011, 12:39 PM
The Ron Paul campaign is amazing.. Ron is a leader, the others are followers.

pauladin
12-08-2011, 12:41 PM
i love the position newt is in if they don't cancel the debate. he already accepted and defended trump and the debate so he'll look like a douche if he flakes and says "well, no one else is going!". He'll also look like a douche if he shows up with only bachmann and santorum. good for us right before the caucus.

Nate
12-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Such a polite, weak, ass-kissing statement. Is Ron Paul the only one with guts?

Huntsman had some pretty strong words for the Donald when he turned him down. If I remember right it was that he wasn't going to kiss his ring or any part of Trump's anatomy. Outside of Paul & Johnson, Huntsman is the only candidate that has gained any respect in my eyes during this campaign. I would still never vote for himthe due to his policies but he seems to be his own man & actually forms his own opinions, I can respect that.

matt0611
12-08-2011, 12:47 PM
i love the position newt is in if they don't cancel the debate. he already accepted and defended trump and the debate so he'll look like a douche if he flakes and says "well, no one else is going!". He'll also look like a douche if he shows up with only bachmann and santorum. good for us right before the caucus.

Exactly, Newt is in a terrible position now. I wonder if Santorum will go.

smithtg
12-08-2011, 12:48 PM
this thing isnt happening and Trump will call it off and spin it to help his ego

IterTemporis
12-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Exactly, Newt is in a terrible position now. I wonder if Santorum will go.

He said he would be attending on his Facebook page.

pauladin
12-08-2011, 12:49 PM
this thing isnt happening and Trump will call it off and spin it to help his ego

yeah he'll probably just say that they were all terrified of him and endorse the grinch.

12-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Ron is really driving the discussion in this election.

sailingaway
12-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Huntsman had some pretty strong words for the Donald when he turned him down. If I remember right it was that he wasn't going to kiss his ring or any part of Trump's anatomy. Outside of Paul & Johnson, Huntsman is the only candidate that has gained any respect in my eyes during this campaign. I would still never vote for himthe due to his policies but he seems to be his own man & actually forms his own opinions, I can respect that.

He was ok, but with no hope to win in Iowa or with social conservatives who like Trump, he wasn't risking anything, either. And with his poll numbers it was a media plus. Ron was the one who did it despite having something to lose.

Still, I agreed with Huntsman when he said it, little as I agree with him on much else.

sailingaway
12-08-2011, 12:51 PM
He said he would be attending on his Facebook page.

given where Santorum is in the poll, he'd be happy for one of those Lincoln Douglas debate love fests. Question is if Gingrich would still go. But at that point I think Newsmax would find someone else, don't you?

affa
12-08-2011, 12:54 PM
remember when some people here freaked out and thought Ron Paul was making a big mistake not going to a debate? Hmmm... tons of positive publicity later, the other candidates are following in Paul's footsteps... and what was meant to be a trap for Paul has become a trap for Newt.

Awesome.

Matthew5
12-08-2011, 12:55 PM
There two debates in the next 7 days.

I cringed.

wgadget
12-08-2011, 12:58 PM
remember when some people here freaked out and thought Ron Paul was making a big mistake not going to a debate? Hmmm... tons of positive publicity later, the other candidates are following in Paul's footsteps... and what was meant to be a trap for Paul has become a trap for Newt.

Awesome.

God is with us.

PastaRocket848
12-08-2011, 01:00 PM

Awesome.

i was one of them. i admit, i was wrong. that's why they get paid the big bucks and im a lowly codemonkey... i suppose.

RonPaulFanInGA
12-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Huntsman is the only candidate that has gained any respect in my eyes during this campaign. I would still never vote for himthe due to his policies but he seems to be his own man & actually forms his own opinions, I can respect that.

So why did Huntsman flip-flop so heavily on global warming?

12-08-2011, 01:03 PM
He was ok, but with no hope to win in Iowa or with social conservatives who like Trump, he wasn't risking anything, either. And with his poll numbers it was a media plus. Ron was the one who did it despite having something to lose.

Still, I agreed with Huntsman when he said it, little as I agree with him on much else.

Why exactly would social conservatives like Trump?

Multiple marriages and messy public divorces. That's hardly socially conservative family values.

UtahApocalypse
I wish it would be Newt vs Newt.

He has experience on both sides of everything.

bluesc
Newsmax is gonna have to drop Trump.

If Ron didn't join Huntsman in this, the debate would still be on with everyone attending. Once again, the campaign makes a genius move. I'd like to know who comes up with these strategic decisions. They have a bright future.

Ron Paul #GOPLeader

wide awake
12-08-2011, 01:22 PM
i was one of them. i admit, i was wrong. that's why they get paid the big bucks and im a lowly codemonkey... i suppose.

+ rep to you for the honesty... something all of us should strive for.

specsaregood
12-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Why exactly would social conservatives like Trump?
Multiple marriages and messy public divorces. That's hardly socially conservative family values.

The only people that liked him were birthers and some homosexuals. A gay republican group is the one that invited/paid his way to speak at CPAC.

LeJimster
12-08-2011, 01:29 PM
The Donald has been put back in his place, no legitimacy with just 3 losers on stage now. We don't give a damn about your endorsement Trumpy.

airborne373
12-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Could this be the FALL of The Donald? One can only hope. LMAO!

Kords21
12-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Live by the Newt, die by the Newt

MomsBasement
12-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Now Bachmann will certainly decline too. A Frothy vs. Newt debate would be EPIC. That could pave the way for some Newt supporters to jump over to Frothy and create a new mini-flavor of the month, which would help us greatly.

Ranger29860
12-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Could this be the FALL of The Donald? One can only hope. LMAO!

Doubt it. I am calling it now. He will come out now and say that those politicians that chose not to come to his debate are obviously out of sync with the rest of the country. He will then go on a tirade about his ratings on the apprentice as a justification for people taking him more seriously than the politicians. And if it comes down to it he will use that justification to run third party if paul gets nominated.

airborne373
12-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Doubt it. I am calling it now. He will come out now and say that those politicians that chose not to come to his debate are obviously out of sync with the rest of the country. He will then go on a tirade about his ratings on the apprentice as a justification for people taking him more seriously than the politicians. And if it comes down to it he will use that justification to run third party if paul gets nominated.

Yeah, I suppose the unaware and uneducated will continue to watch his show and buy his books.

FordGTGuy
12-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Soon enough it will be only Newt Gingrich and we get to see him debate himself, he is the master of flip flopping.

Majopa
12-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Wat has Trump's response been to Perry and Mitt backin out?

specsaregood
12-08-2011, 01:45 PM
A Frothy vs. Newt debate would be EPIC.

That would be great. I might actually watch that. Frothy, Newt, Trump. Epic is the right word.

EBounding
"If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards, checkmate!"

specsaregood
./

Tina
12-08-2011, 01:46 PM
I was in the car and heard Rush taking about this, he named Huntsman and Perry as not going, never mentioned Paul at all.

Carole
12-08-2011, 01:46 PM
I think Trump oughta see if Obama is interested. After all, the only reason some voters like Newt is to see him debate Obie.

May as well get it over with, and maybe he can charge pay per view. Money-making situation.

LOL

Exactly! Get it over with and make some bucks at the same time. Get "big" ratings.:D:D:D Although he will lose those big ratings without Dr. Paul there. :D
All those folks who wanted to see Newt debate Oblahma will be happy and it won't interfere with the real primary campaigns.

Hilarious! :D:D:D

nasaal
12-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Ion should bring in Gary Johnson and let him destroy Newt. He has nothing to lose, he can go for the throat and derail Newt's 40 fans that will be watching.

wgadget
12-08-2011, 02:06 PM
I was in the car and heard Rush taking about this, he named Huntsman and Perry as not going, never mentioned Paul at all.

Rush doethn't like Won Paul cuth he maketh him look like an IDIOT.

CableNewsJunkie
12-08-2011, 02:24 PM
The Donald has been put back in his place, no legitimacy with just 3 losers on stage now. We don't give a damn about your endorsement Trumpy.

They're all third-rate.

Steppenwolf6
12-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Wat has Trump's response been to Perry and Mitt backin out?

"It was my win anyway because they had to show their birth certificates to the american public"

Revolution9
12-08-2011, 03:21 PM

Betcha his old man thinks Trump is a clown and not impressed by his billions as he knows it is criminal fraud that got it. He's got his own billions and I will bet was chuckling his ass off at what his son put out to the press.

Rev9

All Ways
12-08-2011, 03:24 PM
I think trumps actually elevates gingrich, i mean how can you go any lower?

Lymeade-Lady
12-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Ron Paul is a TRUE LEADER. He has all the GOP nominees using his ideas for soundbites, and he has them following in his principled footsteps.

I ♥ Ron Paul.

When need a tube of this--Ron Paul says ____ (shows date) and then show all the parrots (show the later date). Include this debate with it's cancellations. :)

rideurlightning
12-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Ron wins. Now Trump looks like a moron.

samsung1
12-08-2011, 03:38 PM
I think trumps actually elevates gingrich, i mean how can you go any lower?

So does bachmann and santorum for pandering to trump. Why would they participate when they see he's going to endorse gingrich?

S.Shorland
12-08-2011, 03:42 PM
I think Trump as moderator was a ploy to gain respectability for a third party run if Paul is nominated.He's now been put firmly back in the joke box.Very good result.Paul out foxed a man with a fox on his head.That takes some doing.

colbyhowell
12-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Paul out foxed a man with a fox on his head

HA

Cap
12-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and howlet's wing,--
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble."
--Shakespeare

Polskash
12-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Newsmax is gonna have to drop Trump.

If Ron didn't join Huntsman in this, the debate would still be on with everyone attending. Once again, the campaign makes a genius move. I'd like to know who comes up with these strategic decisions. They have a bright future.

Ron Paul #GOPLeader

I wonder how these decisions are made too. Absolutely brilliant.

InTradePro
12-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Bachaman has now declined to attend the Trump event.

lakerssuck92
12-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Bachmann isn't attending either. This "debate" could turn out to be one epic fail...

amy31416
12-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Leaves just Santorum and Gingrich then, right?

Student Of Paulism
12-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Bachmann isn't attending either. This "debate" could turn out to be one epic fail...

Hehe it already is :D

Stevo_Chill
12-08-2011, 07:20 PM

Frothy the Snowman and The Grinch christmas special host by The Don.

thehungarian
12-08-2011, 07:21 PM
So if Newsmax drops Trump, will everyone re-participate?

Jingles
12-08-2011, 07:22 PM

Santorum and Newt Gingrich hosted by Donald Trump..

http://i.imgur.com/bZ7Xo.png

amy31416
12-08-2011, 07:23 PM

lol

speciallyblend
12-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Bachaman has now declined to attend the Trump event.

oo this is priceless, i guess newt is going for a one on one masterdebate newt vs newt!!!!

speciallyblend
12-08-2011, 07:24 PM

i heard frothy is going to a mustache ride dance party!

Muwahid
12-08-2011, 07:29 PM
That arrogant trump being put in his place :D http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-trump-debate-20111208,0,2245532.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Fnews%2Fpolitics+%28 L.A.+Times+-+Politics%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

Tinnuhana
12-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Just got this today from "Patriot Update":

Dear Reader:
Join Donald Trump for the most important Presidential Debate in American history!
Newsmax.com, one of America's leading online news services, along with ION Television, one of the nation's largest broadcast networks, announced Friday they will collaborate to host a Republican presidential debate on Tuesday, December 27. The event will be moderated by businessman Donald J. Trump
The debate, slated for December 27 in Des Moines, Iowa will be the last forum of maor Republican presidential candidates a week before the Jan. 3rd, 2012 Iowa caucus.
The Newsmax ION Television Debate will be televised live nationwide on ION Television to 99 million U.S. homes and online by Newsmax.com
We expect this Debate will draw the largest audience of any Republican primary debate, make sure you join us!
Newsmax.com

Tinnuhana
12-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Should we all RSVP (if it's free) and fill the Newsmax.com room with forums people?

dvalukis
12-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Thank god. I was getting worried that some people might take this debate seriously.

Kregisen
12-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Haha this will be interesting to see what they do.

james1906
12-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Are Fred Karger and the too damn high rent guy still in this? Be nice to see them take on Newt. Hell, McCotter should jump back in for the day too.

affa
12-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Could we seriously ask for a better run of luck and skill? Gaffes aplenty. Trump implosion. Great polls. The economy, which even Ron Paul's detractors admit he's dead on about. This is nothing like 2008. This is wild.

wgadget
12-08-2011, 08:08 PM
So for the record, Bachmann, Gingrich, Perry and Romney have all paid Donald Trump a visit.

Does ANYONE know what this was about? Isn't that kind of weird, since Trump says he'll run Independent if the "wrong" person is nominated?

How can anyone give them any credibility at this point, for that fact alone?

Fermli
12-08-2011, 08:52 PM

coughed up my drink because of this. brilliant!

Stevo_Chill
12-08-2011, 10:10 PM
coughed up my drink because of this. brilliant!

Thank You, i'm here all week.

amy31416
12-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Are Fred Karger and the too damn high rent guy still in this? Be nice to see them take on Newt. Hell, McCotter should jump back in for the day too.

It'd be awesome if we could get them to release a public plea to be invited to Don's "debate."

specsaregood
12-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Now do all the detractors see why the campaign kept replying and keeping this going? Newsmax has gotta be pissed about how this turned out and it wouldn't have happened if that whole back and forth hadn't carried on.

milo10
12-08-2011, 11:23 PM
It'd be awesome if we could get them to release a public plea to be invited to Don's "debate."

Honestly, that is a great idea. It would be great PR for both of them.

LibertyEsq
12-08-2011, 11:25 PM

http://t.qkme.me/35ffs7.jpg

SkarnkaiLW
12-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Could we seriously ask for a better run of luck and skill? Gaffes aplenty. Trump implosion. Great polls. The economy, which even Ron Paul's detractors admit he's dead on about. This is nothing like 2008. This is wild.

Indeed, it is Paul's opportunity. We need to all work hard to push him over the top! I want to imagine the NeoCons heads exploding from frustration :P