PDA

View Full Version : Continued Progress

realtonygoodwin
12-08-2011, 10:11 AM
A buddy of mine from work is not very politically involved. He does vote in the general election, but just for whoever the GOP candidate is. A couple days ago he started asking all kinds of questions about the various candidates. I got to explain the whole primary process, the Electoral College, etc. Yesterday, he filled out the form to request an absentee ballot from North Carolina. He thanked me for opening his eyes up to the importance of being politically aware and active. He also had me help him find out who is US and NC Senators and Representatives are. He is leaning toward Paul, based on the conversations that permeate our shop, but needs more info on the candidates in order to make an informed choice.

realtonygoodwin
12-08-2011, 03:39 PM
How about everyone share a good story of how they are waking people up to the truth?

FluxCapacitor
12-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Several of my friends are now making the transition from being passive Ron Paul supporters to being active Ron Paul supporters.

They're talking to their friends about why they support him, and they're volunteering for the Phone From Home program.

Xenophage
12-08-2011, 05:19 PM
I have an old libertarian friend in Washington that was adamantly against Ron Paul because of his stance on abortion. I wrote him ONE long, detailed e-mail and now the guy is driving around a Ron Paul van plastered on all sides with giant graphics of the good Dr., and CC'ing me on all these e-mails he's been writing to OTHER people to convince them to throw their support behind Paul!

The guy doesn't VOTE (he's of the anarcho-capitalist, voluntaryist persuasion) but he just MIGHT vote for Paul, and regardless he's spreading the news. He recently found a quote, "Even anarchists care who win elections." - Murray Rothbard :)

Xelaetaks
12-08-2011, 06:19 PM
My (very Israel supporting Republican leaning) cousin texted me a few months ago saying Ron Paul's budget plan is great. Last yesr besides being aware of my interest in Ron Paul's campaign he's never mentioned anything on Ron Paul's campaign until this year out of nowhere he texted me. Despite the media bias I think things are slowly going towards Ron Paul's way. Integrity is something lacking with most people running for office in the modern age.