PDA

View Full Version : Please stick to one day. The 16th was the day originally planned. Drop the 15th

Pete Kay
11-07-2007, 12:52 PM
The idea of the Boston Tea Party money bomb has been floating around since before even the November 5th dropped. I've bee a big supporter of this idea, posting it in blogs and youtube. Then someone decided it would be a great idea to add Dec.15, the Bill of Rights day. I thought this was a good idea at first too, but I soon realized it's flaw and changed my mind.

Do not forget why we even do these money bombs. Yes, they are to raise money but moreso they are to get media exposure. The news exposure that Ron Paul got because of the 5th is worth way more than the actual money that we donated. We broke records. And we can do it again, but not if we add an extra day. Ron Paul got exposure for having the biggest online haul in one day - 24 hours. We can beat out new record and we can even beat Kerry's record of 5.6 million! But not if we don't do it over a 24 hour time period. We will most likely still get exposure but we will get way more if we set a new record.

Please stick to the 16th. We have to stay focused here.

austin356
11-07-2007, 12:56 PM
patience. No need to rush rush rush things and stir up trouble

ItsTime
11-07-2007, 12:57 PM
we have the record for the most donations in a 24 hour period, how about in a 48 hour period?

literatim
11-07-2007, 01:03 PM
I concur, splitting it into two days is just absolutely stupid.

we have the record for the most donations in a 24 hour period, how about in a 48 hour period?

We don't have that record.

Pete Kay
11-07-2007, 01:19 PM
patience. No need to rush rush rush things and stir up trouble

What? I'm not stirring up trouble. There needs to be a consensus here. The 16th idea has been around for weeks but the 15th was just added recently. We need to stay on track. People are already going around and promoting other days for other money bombs. The reason that the 5th was so successful was because we did it together. Everyone agreed and joined in. Though some people objected to the 5th and added the 11th of November and will be donating on that day. That's fine but if they had donated on the 5th the numbers would have been even higher and we would have gotten even more press. We have to stay unified.

GHoeberX
11-07-2007, 01:55 PM
I agree Pete Kay, but tell it to Bryan in the following topic as he's the admin and he can put all faces in the same direction

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33421

Brian Bailey
11-07-2007, 01:56 PM
The current idea, as I understand it, is to have rallies and canvass and raise awareness on the 15th and then donate on the 16th. Best of both worlds.

Paul4Prez
11-07-2007, 11:17 PM
I've been swayed over to the single donation day (12/16) due to the overwhelming support for it, but to be fair, both ideas (Tea Party and Bill of Rights Day) were being kicked around at about the same time, along with others. You can search through the threads and find it.

austin356
11-07-2007, 11:20 PM
What? I'm not stirring up trouble. There needs to be a consensus here. The 16th idea has been around for weeks but the 15th was just added recently. We need to stay on track. People are already going around and promoting other days for other money bombs. The reason that the 5th was so successful was because we did it together. Everyone agreed and joined in. Though some people objected to the 5th and added the 11th of November and will be donating on that day. That's fine but if they had donated on the 5th the numbers would have been even higher and we would have gotten even more press. We have to stay unified.

There already has been as consensus no need to keep bringing it up and keep asking for a consensus that is already present. A two year old could figure out there is a consensus.

itsnobody
11-07-2007, 11:25 PM
Yes splitting the days is unnaturally foolish, but I thought the 15th wasn't for donating but for campaigning and the 16th was the actual donation day...right?

son of liberty
11-07-2007, 11:26 PM
LIBERTY WEEKEND!!
Action on Dec. 15th!
Donate on Dec. 16th!
BattleCry=NO TAXATION THROUGH INFLATION!

literatim
11-07-2007, 11:28 PM
BattleCry=NO TAXATION THROUGH INFLATION!

:D

son of liberty
11-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Saw this one somewhere: "LETS T BAG 'EM"
Can't use that one everywhere though, might turn some people off.