PDA

View Full Version : Tomb? No! It's the Landfill of the Unknown Soldier

nobody's_hero
12-08-2011, 08:04 AM
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/08/9290603-report-air-force-dumped-remains-of-274-troops-in-landfill

The incinerated partial remains of at least 274 American troops were dumped in a Virginia landfill, according to government records, The Washington Post reported on Thursday.

Air Force officials said that the dumping was hidden from families who had given authorization for the remains to be disposed of in a respectful and dignified manner, according to the newspaper.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were no plans to inform families, officials told the newspaper.

New information revealed that the practice, exposed by The Washington Post in November, had become very widespread until it was halted in 2008, the newspaper reported.

Last month, Pentagon and Air Force officials said that figuring out how many remains were sent to the King George County, Va., landfill would take combing through the records of more than 6,300 troops.

So, because it's impossible to identify the remains (which is understandable), we're going to just dump them all in a landfill (which is inexcusable).

I seriously hope the military men and women are watching. You've now been given the power to detain American citizens indefinitely—but just remember, once you've fulfilled your purpose to the State, even you have no special place in the eyes of the plantation owner.

I normally would NOT suggest Ron Paul use this for political gain, but he needs to point out that this war is so fucking expensive we can't even afford to bury our dead.

And we're talking about starting more wars . . .

Spikender
12-08-2011, 08:06 AM
As you said, you're useful for the State while your alive and healthy. Afterwards... well, don't let the pile of rotten food that you'll be spending the rest of eternity next to bother you too much.

donnay
12-08-2011, 11:24 AM
This is an absolute disgrace! This is how government supports the troops!

BRING THEM HOME ALIVE NOW!!!!

jmdrake
12-08-2011, 11:26 AM
But...but....but....the military supports the troops. /sarcasm

The only way to support the troops is to bring them home!

oyarde
12-08-2011, 11:29 AM
What the hell is the Air Force doing , dumping ashes in a landfill ? Did they think that would go over well with family members ? Who could be so incompetent ? Who made the call on that and who would carry it out ?

amy31416
12-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Every single one of those parents ought to be shouting this from the rooftops. Just repulsive.

specsaregood
12-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Did they think that would go over well with family members?
No, they thought nobody would find out about it and if they did they would just hide and obfuscate the blame.

Also, this happened under Bush administration...

ZanZibar
12-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Ha.... someone should read up on how Arlington Cemetery was founded in the first place. THAT in and of itself was a disgrace as well!

jkr
12-08-2011, 11:41 AM
"war is so fucking expensive we can't even afford to bury our dead. "

soooooooooo much wiNNing!

you, sir, are hired!

donnay
12-08-2011, 11:42 AM
The need to lift the blackout of all of our dead soldiers coming in from Dover!! Bush put a blackout on it and Obama continued it, because they don't want that to be in the peoples minds of how many dead there are coming home from these illegals wars abroad. It is also why they will not allow independent journalists reporting in those areas too.

Ask the Tillman family how they feel about how the military handled their son's death err murder! :mad:

Bruno
12-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Ha.... someone should read up on how Arlington Cemetery was founded in the first place. THAT in and of itself was a disgrace as well!

Arlington Cemetery history began when the Arlington House was confiscated by the Federal Government in 1863 from its owner, Confederate General Robert E. Lee.

http://www.visitingdc.com/virginia/arlington-cemetery-history.htm

ZanZibar
12-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Arlington Cemetery history began when the Arlington House was confiscated by the Federal Government in 1863 from its owner, Confederate General Robert E. Lee.

http://www.visitingdc.com/virginia/arlington-cemetery-history.htmYeah, but they specifically dumped the bones of soldiers on the property to keep Lee from returning to it after the hostilities had ceased.

oyarde
12-08-2011, 11:55 AM
No, they thought nobody would find out about it and if they did they would just hide and obfuscate the blame.

Also, this happened under Bush administration... Looks like this went on for 4 to 8 years , but somewhere there is a Col or General that had to be aware of this ....

oyarde
12-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Yeah, but they specifically dumped the bones of soldiers on the property to keep Lee from returning to it after the hostilities had ceased. Yeah , I always figured it was an intended insult...

Bruno
12-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Yeah , I always figured it was an intended insult...

I toured there for the first time last year on our son's class trip. That is what the tour guide said as well.

Noob
12-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Soon they want you to have the same disregard for your parents, and dead family members.

http://www.lifeslittlemysteries.com/corpses-crematorium-electricity-2214/

oyarde
12-08-2011, 12:06 PM
I toured there for the first time last year on our son's class trip. That is what the tour guide said as well. My last trip there was exactly , one weekend before 9/11 .

donnay
12-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Brings a whole new meaning to the word: cannon fodder. :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysnmj2YJPzQ&feature=related

nobody's_hero
12-08-2011, 05:17 PM

Also, this happened under Bush administration...

Color me skeptical, specs, but I wouldn't be shocked if this practice still continues. We just don't hear about it.

This government (be it Bush's or Obama's) can hide pretty much anything it wants to.

flightlesskiwi
12-08-2011, 08:24 PM
this is to be expected. sickly expected.

anyone ever hear about the Balad burn pit?? insane. all because "they" couldn't "afford" to get enough incinerators.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/10/military_burnpit_102708w/

He said troops could tell what was being burned on certain days. “We took off a fair amount of legs, and the Iraqi parts would go in the burn pit,” he said, referring to amputated limbs. “We filled up a cooler and they would take it over once a week. That smelled ... horrible.”

The base had obtained a medical incinerator, according to Air Force officials, but Bowers said it was damaged and could not be used while he was there.

not that i expect the troops to have been taken care of whilst they were in the sandbox, but, still.. they don't give a **** about them when they are alive, why the heck would they give a crap about them after they're dead?

speciallyblend
12-08-2011, 08:48 PM
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/08/9290603-report-air-force-dumped-remains-of-274-troops-in-landfill

So, because it's impossible to identify the remains (which is understandable), we're going to just dump them all in a landfill (which is inexcusable).

I seriously hope the military men and women are watching. You've now been given the power to detain American citizens indefinitely—but just remember, once you've fulfilled your purpose to the State, even you have no special place in the eyes of the plantation owner.

I normally would NOT suggest Ron Paul use this for political gain, but he needs to point out that this war is so fucking expensive we can't even afford to bury our dead.

good point.

dillo
12-08-2011, 08:51 PM
uhh what would be the humane way to dispose of body parts that can't be identified?

Pericles
12-08-2011, 09:10 PM
uhh what would be the humane way to dispose of body parts that can't be identified?

It gets even more complicated than that. Suppose a vehicle gets hit - there are several people inside, and the tendency in the explosion is that there are a few "traumatic amputations of limbs" that leave various bits and pieces all over the place.

The difficulty is in recovering body parts, there are many and it would not be unusual for some to be found the next day or even after that. Most of the body has already been shipped to Dover, and once there, there can be hundreds of fragments, and as the family has already been notified, they tend to want to go ahead with the burial. It is hard to say - well, we don't have the body put back together so much yet, could you hold on a few weeks while we try to figure out how many parts we have in our collection are what used to be your husband / son / father?

Gunshot wounds tend to be much cleaner all the way around.

Verrater
12-08-2011, 09:12 PM
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...ps-in-landfill

This deserves national media attention and if Ron can do that in the debate more power to him.

Kylie
12-08-2011, 10:44 PM
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...ps-in-landfill

This deserves national media attention and if Ron can do that in the debate more power to him.

Whatever you've posted has been pulled.

This situation is sick.

tasteless
12-08-2011, 10:46 PM
I love how the military goes through the pains of giving Bin Laden a "proper" burial, but for our own soldiers? Throw them into a garbage dump.

Bring the troops home.

amy31416
12-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Whatever you've posted has been pulled.

This situation is sick.

When it comes to the MSM reporting on controversial issues, I think it's a pretty good idea to quote at least the majority of the article because of this reason. At least then we could contact the reporter and ask why their article was removed.

Anti Federalist
12-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Fuck me, I'm speechless...

amy31416
12-09-2011, 12:31 AM
What if your government recruited you, throwing every promise at you like money, education and the glory of defeating our enemies in a heroic epic battle in the Middle East? What if this same government threw your remains into a landfill with little or no ceremony when you made it back in pieces?

What if the government-controlled media never even reported on it? What if they sent your parents, wife and children a piece of paper that you could frame?

What if your family said nothing because they didn't want to dishonor our military? What if the United States government was not honorable?

I could go on.....

nobody's_hero
12-09-2011, 04:38 AM
What if your government recruited you, throwing every promise at you like money, education and the glory of defeating our enemies in a heroic epic battle in the Middle East? What if this same government threw your remains into a landfill with little or no ceremony when you made it back in pieces?

What if the government-controlled media never even reported on it? What if they sent your parents, wife and children a piece of paper that you could frame?

What if your family said nothing because they didn't want to dishonor our military? What if the United States government was not honorable?

I could go on.....

Sounds like you need to submit that on the Judge's facebook page.

Philhelm
12-09-2011, 08:48 AM
What the hell is the Air Force doing , dumping ashes in a landfill ? Did they think that would go over well with family members ? Who could be so incompetent ? Who made the call on that and who would carry it out ?

The same guy who thought it was a good idea to throw a gay pride event in Pakistan, perhaps (after already committing acts of war against them at that)?

oyarde
12-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Abuse of a corpse is a class A misdemeanor in Delaware , If , I recall , there are also rules against it in the Uniform Code of Military Justice and the Geneva . Looks like they knew who these individuals were , and they were cremated by request of the family , I somehow doubt the families would OK the ashes being dumped in a landfill . Whatever Officer is responsible for that needs to find something else to do for a living.