PDA

View Full Version : If Ron Paul wins the primaries, will republicans endorse third party candidate

Hugo
12-08-2011, 07:50 AM
If Ron Paul wins the republican primaries, how could he win if establishment of the republican party tries to split the vote by running and endorsing a candidate like Donald Trump who has said that he would run as an independent if he doesn't like the person who wins the primaries.

LibertyEagle
12-08-2011, 07:53 AM
I do not understand why we keep worrying about these things, when the fact is, he is NOT going to win, unless we get busy in the campaign's PHONE-FROM-HOME program, in addition to becoming delegates.

VBRonPaulFan
12-08-2011, 08:07 AM
yeah, these 'what if' threads are popping up so much now they're getting annoying. focus on getting him to win the primary and worry about crap like this if it comes up.

Hugo
12-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Well I dont visit the forum often so I must've missed those

oyarde
12-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Well I dont visit the forum often so I must've missed those Come around more Hugo.

sailingaway
12-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Considering the RNC chair just came out against Trump even moderating a debate, I kinda doubt they would endorse Trump. And no, if Ron wins they will be counting on him to bolster down ticket races as Gingrich and Romney never would do.

Ronulus
12-08-2011, 11:26 AM
If republicans support a third party candidate, the republican party is destroyed and no more. Don't worry about it.

specsaregood
12-08-2011, 11:32 AM
If Dr. Paul wins the nomination, the GOP will support him and hope that he brings in a tidal wave of support for candidates on the undercard of the ticket.

jmdrake
12-08-2011, 11:49 AM
If Ron Paul wins the republican primaries, how could he win if establishment of the republican party tries to split the vote by running and endorsing a candidate like Donald Trump who has said that he would run as an independent if he doesn't like the person who wins the primaries.

1) If he wins the primary there's no way in hell the establishment of the republican party would do what you suggest. They care more about maintaining their long term viability than they do stopping Ron Paul. I would expect straight up voter fraud using their nifty electronic voting machines before I would expect some mythical third party run.

2) Donald Trump? Don't make me laugh. Have you seen the picture of him kissing drag queen Rudy Giuliani? And no serious republican politician would take the bait and run as a sacrificial lamb just to throw the election to Obama.

3) If they did pull an idiotic stunt like that then they would legitimize all of the third party movements that the two part duopoly is so afraid of. And they would have to change ballot access rules to pull this off, making it easier for 3rd party runs in the future. In other words this would hurt them more than it would help them. Throw me in that briar patch!

4) Why even talk about such things when we haven't even won a primary yet? Trying to cross bridges before you even know they exist, let alone get to them, just distracts you from the journey.

oyarde
12-08-2011, 12:24 PM
If Ron Paul wins the republican primaries, how could he win if establishment of the republican party tries to split the vote by running and endorsing a candidate like Donald Trump who has said that he would run as an independent if he doesn't like the person who wins the primaries. i THINK tRUMP IS FULL OF SHIT , i ALSO THINK , THE MORE HE TALKS , THE MORE IRRELEVENT HE WILL BECOME , NO VOTES.

Joey Fuller
12-08-2011, 12:28 PM
when Ron Paul wins, the establishment Neocon Repubs will all endorse Obama, since he has practically carried on Dubya's legacy

cameronb
12-08-2011, 01:55 PM
1) If he wins the primary there's no way in hell the establishment of the republican party would do what you suggest. They care more about maintaining their long term viability than they do stopping Ron Paul. I would expect straight up voter fraud using their nifty electronic voting machines before I would expect some mythical third party run.

2) Donald Trump? Don't make me laugh. Have you seen the picture of him kissing drag queen Rudy Giuliani? And no serious republican politician would take the bait and run as a sacrificial lamb just to throw the election to Obama.

3) If they did pull an idiotic stunt like that then they would legitimize all of the third party movements that the two part duopoly is so afraid of. And they would have to change ballot access rules to pull this off, making it easier for 3rd party runs in the future. In other words this would hurt them more than it would help them. Throw me in that briar patch!

4) Why even talk about such things when we haven't even won a primary yet? Trying to cross bridges before you even know they exist, let alone get to them, just distracts you from the journey.

Great thoughts / analysis. Thanks for sharing.

AGRP
12-08-2011, 02:56 PM
If Ron wins the GOP will go silent and the establishment media ie Rush will crush on Obama or anyone the Ds put up.

GeorgiaAvenger
12-08-2011, 04:15 PM
No

GunnyFreedom
12-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Paul crushed that with the circus debate Opt-Out trump card.