PDA

View Full Version : Welfare Queen Kills Self and Shots her Two Kids After Being Denied Food Stamps

lx43
12-07-2011, 10:49 PM
http://gma.yahoo.com/girl-posted-facebook-during-7-hour-welfare-office-210445255.html

Rachelle Grimmer, 38, pulled a gun on the welfare office supervisor, Roberto Reyes, and her two children out of her frustration at being denied food stamps.

Rachelle Grimmer was pronounced dead at the scene, while Ramie and her brother, Timothy, 10, suffered critical head wounds and were transported to University Hospital in San Antonio, according to the San Antonio Express.

Grimmer's outburst was reportedly triggered after years of getting rejected for state assistance in various states, the newspaper reported.The family had recently moved to Texas from Ohio.

Note that the mother had money to pay for the little girl's cell phone or smart phone to post on facebook. If they wanted more food, she could have cut out the cell phone to pay for it instead of trying to live off the system.

AuH20
12-07-2011, 10:56 PM
The girl just died an hour ago. Sad.

lx43
12-07-2011, 11:01 PM
I agree, I feel bad for the little kids, but not so much for the parent.

ronpaulitician
12-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Yeah, it must be hard to have sympathy for people with mental health problems.

damiengwa
12-07-2011, 11:40 PM

Hear, Hear! She obviously was mentally ill. Its sad. And its misleading to say that she did it simply b/c she was denied food stamps. A person has to be crazy to kill her children and herself. May the Lord have mercy.

Dr.3D
12-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Some people no nothing else but to live off of what the government supplies.

It is cruel to cut people off of what they have been getting right along. It's sort of like feeding the birds for a few years and then in the middle of the winter one year, stopping filling the bird feeder. Many birds would die from starvation and that is cruel. The best way to wean people off of welfare is to do just that, wean them off.

This woman was mentally ill though.... perhaps she became frustrated, not knowing anything else but living off the system and being denied food stamps sent her over the edge.

oyarde
12-08-2011, 10:38 AM
So one of the kids is still alive ? Any update ?

Icymudpuppy
12-08-2011, 11:02 AM
It is cruel to cut people off of what they have been getting right along. It's sort of like feeding the birds for a few years and then in the middle of the winter one year, stopping filling the bird feeder. Many birds would die from starvation and that is cruel. The best way to wean people off of welfare is to do just that, wean them off.

You would not believe how many rat infestations result from bird feeders. 85% of my rat jobs are a direct result of bird feeding. In those cases, even in the middle of winter, to solve the rat problem, you have to cut off the birds.

Right now, we have a rat problem (illegals) in the US. To solve that problem, we'll have to cut off the birds because all the barriers, traps, poisons, and laws will not keep the rats away from easy living.

Harsh, but true. So is this.... One less Obama voter.

oyarde
12-08-2011, 11:11 AM
You would not believe how many rat infestations result from bird feeders. 85% of my rat jobs are a direct result of bird feeding. In those cases, even in the middle of winter, to solve the rat problem, you have to cut off the birds.

Right now, we have a rat problem (illegals) in the US. To solve that problem, we'll have to cut off the birds because all the barriers, traps, poisons, and laws will not keep the rats away from easy living.

Harsh, but true. So is this.... One less Obama voter. I had no idea there was that many rats out your way , mostly field mice for me , after the harvest.

Deborah K
12-08-2011, 11:28 AM
This is just so sad on so many levels. The cell phone could have been paid for by someone trying to help out in some way. Do we know for sure it was the Mother paying for it? Some people just need help when they don't have a strong family and friend support system, and desperation sends them into madness. It's not the gov'ts job to help them, but so many have been indoctrinated into believing so. If you're not involved with your local charity, or church, please become involved. We all have to do our part to help people and change the way they view the gov'ts role in their lives.

Steve-in-NY
12-08-2011, 12:02 PM
I wish those kind of people would just do themselves first. The children are innocent.

musicmax
12-08-2011, 12:38 PM

I don't see a scan of your license to practice psychiatry in your profile.

Deborah K
12-08-2011, 12:50 PM

It doesn't take psychiatrist to figure out that someone who kills their children and then themselves isn't mentally healthy.

Philhelm
12-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Some people no nothing else but to live off of what the government supplies.

This woman was mentally ill though.... perhaps she became frustrated, not knowing anything else but living off the system and being denied food stamps sent her over the edge.

I agree with Ron Paul's argument that welfare programs should gradually fade out, and that it would be immoral to sweep the rug from underneath people. However, these people that benefit don't give any consideration to the fact that it's cruel to point government guns at people's heads and make them hand over a substantial portion of the fruits of their labor. My sympathies are with the latter.

Philhelm
12-08-2011, 01:01 PM

Does a government-issued stamp of approval give an individual the authority to judge the mental state of another? If a psychologist suddenly lost his license, would his experience and knowledge disappear with it? What if the one being diagnosed is more intelligent than the state approved psychologist? In that case, should the mentally superior individual be the one judging?

Psychology is an ugly, ugly field of pseudo-science, and one which has historically been used to oppress people. Draptomania, for instance.

ronpaulitician
12-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Harsh, but true. So is this.... One less Obama voter.
And one more idiot Ron Paul supporter. That's okay, you're still outnumbered by the sane ones.

light200763
12-08-2011, 01:11 PM
This is a very sad story.

AGRP
12-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Its almost like she had an adult version of a child's temper tantrum because she had a hard time getting what she wanted from the nanny state. Why else would she shoot her own children?

lx43
12-08-2011, 01:59 PM

How do you know she had a mental illness? I don't know why people always like to use the mental health card when someone starts killing people. Just because a person shoots someone doesn't mean they have a mental problem; it could be she went into a rage after being denied or she was just evil.

Either way, the jist of the story is this is what happens when you become dependent upon the state. Things like this would probably happen a LOT more if for some reason the economy collapse due to govt interference and welfare benefits had to be eliminated overnight.

ronpaulitician
12-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Either way, the jist of the story is this is what happens when you become dependent upon the state.
That's an opinion that is easily proven wrong. There are plenty of people dependent on the state who do NOT kill their kids before killing themselves. And of those who DO kill their kids before killing themselves, not all of them are dependent on the state.

This was a troubled soul. It just happens to be that part of the narrative (she received government aid) fits the political story some wish to tell (nobody should receive government aid) and so this sad story is used by some to further their own means.

If you need to use a story like this to prove your point, you don't have a very strong case to make.

AGRP
12-08-2011, 02:28 PM
How do you know she had a mental illness?

Would anyone do something like this if they were in the right frame of mind/mentally ill? Is anyone who murders in the right frame of mind? People who do things like this are by default crazy. If they weren't then they wouldn't do it. You have to be mentally ill to do things like this, but its no excuse.

lx43
12-08-2011, 04:39 PM
That's an opinion that is easily proven wrong. There are plenty of people dependent on the state who do NOT kill their kids before killing themselves. And of those who DO kill their kids before killing themselves, not all of them are dependent on the state.

This was a troubled soul. It just happens to be that part of the narrative (she received government aid) fits the political story some wish to tell (nobody should receive government aid) and so this sad story is used by some to further their own means.

If you need to use a story like this to prove your point, you don't have a very strong case to make.

Why don’t you post my entire statement instead of taking out the part you want to use for your own purposes? I said things like that would probably, and the key word there is probably, if govt collapsed or welfare benefits stopped overnight. Yes I believe there would be a lot of bad things to happen should people entitlements payments stopped quickly. It could be a number of other crimes like robbery, burglaries, hostage taking, looting, or other assortment of crimes; not just shootings as you are implying I said. Frankly, I don’t know what would happen, but I suspect people who are dependent upon the system will demand to be paid; even though they did not earn it, and will react in some way should they not be.

Also, I’m not in the least bit saying all those dependent on govt will react by shooting or doing anything violent. You are taking that way out of context; I’m not even saying a minority of welfare kings and queens will turn to crime, but there would probably be a few to react that way. What percent of them I cannot say. A lot of these people think that it is there money and they deserve it and will fight to keep it going.

lx43
12-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Would anyone do something like this if they were in the right frame of mind/mentally ill? Is anyone who murders in the right frame of mind? People who do things like this are by default crazy. If they weren't then they wouldn't do it. You have to be mentally ill to do things like this, but its no excuse.

I agree, its no excuse either way if they are nuts or in sound mind when they commit the crime. Let me ask you this, during the holocaust was all those murders in the Nazi regime mentally ill? I think the majority was in sound mind when they committed the murders but were just pure evil to commit the genocide they did.

I think mental illness is being mislabeled here as being anyone who commits a murder. Yes some are crazy and some are not.

Here is the definition I go by to label some one with mental illness:

mental disorder definition
Function: n
: a mental or bodily condition marked primarily by sufficient disorganization of personality, mind, and emotions to seriously impair the normal psychological functioning of the individual called also mental illness

Icymudpuppy
12-12-2011, 04:51 PM
And one more idiot Ron Paul supporter. That's okay, you're still outnumbered by the sane ones.

Stating a rather darkly humorous fact makes me an idiot? No wonder Ron Paul is called a kook.