PDA

View Full Version : A MIRACLE JUST HAPPENED in winning over a Herman Cain/Michelle Bachmann supporter!!

squirekyle
12-07-2011, 05:58 PM
OH MY WORD! I'M SO SHAKEN UP RIGHT NOW!!! There's this guy on Facebook I've been friends with for a while because we used to go to the same church, he has been outspoken on Facebook of his hate against Ron Paul for a LOOONNNNNGG Time (because of foreign policy issues) He has now come over (because he hates Gingrich and Romney more)

OUT OF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT WOULD EVER SUPPORT PAUL, I WOULD HAVE GUESSED HIM LAST.

let me put in quotes what he has said over the years about Paul.

December 2nd, 2009 "Ron Paul is a hypocritical idiot. I would vote for Obama before I would ever vote for Ron Paul."

"First of all, he doesn't believe that America should send aid to Israel.

Second, his self-preservationist mentality does nothing to help those around the world who are suffering, which is an affront to our Biblical obligations.

Third, he prides himself of being fiscally conservative and voting against virtually all government spending bills. However, he then goes about requesting earmarks just like everyone else. He puts earmarks in a bill, then votes against the bill, knowing all the while that the bill will go through anyway and that he will get his earmarks. For this reason, I feel that he is a hypocrite and lacking in honesty and character.

January 2010 (approx): " I don't like Ron Paul, Ron Paul's a hypocrite, he puts earmarks to his district in a bill he knows will pass, then votes against it "

June 18th, 2011 "I like that Ron Paul has adopted my view on the government's role in marriage. My biggest problem with Ron Paul is that he has a very 1850s view of international relations."

John wrote: "Paul and Huntsman took first and second. This proves the scientific and social irrelevance of straw polls. "

November 12th, 2011 "Ron Paul has once again proven himself to be the Neville Chamberlain of this era. Fortunately, ol' Crazy Shoulders Paul will never rise to that level of political power."

Here it is: two days ago:

Monday, December 5th, 2011

"I never thought that I'd say this, but unless something changes, I'm voting for Ron Paul in the Republican primary. After the primary though, all bets are off."

Do you have a fever John?
Monday at 6:28pm · Like · 1

John I still can't stand Paul. But, of all the idiots running, Ol' Crazy Shoulders Paul seems to lie the least. Also, I think Paul has the slimmest chance of beating Obama, so it won't really matter anyway.
Monday at 6:32pm · Like · 1

‎"Ol' Crazy Shoulders Paul." lol
Monday at 6:37pm · Like · 1

You must be delirious with fever or somebody has hacked your FB.
Monday at 7:39pm · Like · 1

No Paul for me. I've decided I'm writing in Sarah Palin.
Monday at 7:46pm · Like · 1

I am seriously worried about you...must send Mel an email to make sure you are okay! I cannot imagine a scenario that would have me voting for Ron Paul. Can you believe we are in this place?
Monday at 7:46pm · Like

Didn't you recently call him Neville Chamberlain?
Monday at 8:30pm · Like · 1

Welcome back, John. I've been here waiting for you!
Monday at 8:54pm · Like

THUD! (Sound of my body hitting the floor after fainting...). **sigh**
Monday at 9:02pm · Unlike · 2

John C. I hate to say this, but I would definitely vote for Obama over Paul. Sorry;)
Monday at 10:23pm · Like

Dr. Conrad, that is my dilemma. At this point, the politician with the most integrity is Obama. He may be ruining the country, but at least he's honest. Nevertheless, before we get to the general election, I've got to pull a lever in the Republican primary.
Monday at 10:43pm · Like

Honest Obama??? Are you serious??? That is an oxymoron! John...we need an intervention for you....guys are you in???I can use my clinical psychologist skills to facilitate but we need to get together quickly.... This is serious and John needs help!!!!
Monday at 10:56pm · Unlike · 2

If anyone offers you any good evidence that there is a better candidate than Paul, let me know.
Yesterday at 12:16am · Like · 1

Obama has actually performed his job with quite possibly the most integrity of any president in recent times. Between JFK's affairs, Nixon's Watergate, Reagan's Iran-Contra scandal, and Clinton's sexual escapades, he actually has, thus far, run his office with what could arguably be the most personal integrity of a president that we've seen in recent years. Yes, I disagree with a lot of his political stances, but if you evaluate him on his personal, non-political life, he's been squeaky clean. Love him or hate him, you've got to tip your hat to the man.
Yesterday at 12:17am · Like

Hmmm, Solyndra, Fast and Furious, Union dues slush fund, Obamacare waivers to friends...integrity???
Yesterday at 7:03am · Like · 1

Unfortunately, Canada is starting to look pretty good about now. Obama is by no means squeaky clean, personal or political, he is as dirty as a pig that just rolled around in a pile of dirt and crap, he just has a very protective media, that is in bed with him. Sadly if Obama has the most integrity of any president, then there is ZERO hope for America.
Yesterday at 9:43am · Like · 1

If anyone finds that I have voted for Ron Paul please know that invasion of the body snatchers has occurred! @Debra we need help John through this - he is worrying me! Love ya Sweets!!
Yesterday at 12:49pm · Like

John Here's my dilemma: In the primary, I can't vote for Romney or Gingrich for ethical reasons (namely, they are both morally bankrupt liberals), and I doubt that Bachmann, Santorum, and Co. will make it past S. Carolina. Granted, Paul may also not make it to TN's primary, but he might... So, if my choices are Romney, Gingrich, and Paul, I'll have to vote for Paul. Only time will tell...
Yesterday at 3:51pm · Like

John, I have to disagree with you. Mitt Romney has been slippery on some issues but I believe he has the best grasp of economic issues of any of the candidates. When he came into Utah to run the Olympics the local committee had made every mistake in the book and was on the verge of bringing total disgrace to the Olympics and to Utah. Without tearing people down, Romney took charge and produced a very good Olympic show and completely reversed the economic disaster the games were becoming. I think we will find he is reliably pro-life and pro traditional marriage despite his stupid screw-ups in Massachusetts. I could be wrong but I vastly prefer him to Gingrich who is brilliant and a great speaker but I am not sure he is a great leader. Ron Paul's isolationism and anti-Semitism means I would never vote for him regardless of the other choices. And this is still a great country.
20 hours ago · Like

JC, my biggest beef with Romney is his pro-choice history. For me, his actions and statements are simply unforgivable. If he was actually pro-life at the time, that is the most deplorable political pandering I've ever seen. If he wasn't pro-life at the time, why not? Surely it wasn't due to ignorance. In that case, he made an informed, adult decision to support the practice of abortion. Either way, it's disgusting and shameful.
19 hours ago · Like

John, I'll grant you that I can't figure it out either. Since I have been following him he has been unequivocally pro-life. There is no debate that his history on the issue is contorted and I think "pandering" is a good description.
19 hours ago · Like

I couldn't vote for Paul's idea of foreign policy, among other things - like I don't think he has a chance against Obama. Maybe Romney, has truly changed his beliefs - I will allow that people can change. But I do understand your point. For me, I cannot imagine ever voting for Obama. I would prefer Romney over Gingrinch, but that is me. If I am left to just vote for Obama...I think I would just stay home! Can't believe we are at this place - too depressing!
11 hours ago · Like

The U.S. has over 307 million people, and this is the group of candidates we have to choose from, WE ARE SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PauliticsPolitics
12-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Nice... Kinda.
I hate embracing someone who joins us as a last resort, but we have to get used to this.
The sheep will flock.

thehungarian
12-07-2011, 06:25 PM
TL;DR LOL

Fermli
12-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Paul will get a lot of soft support via 'process of elimination' voters =)

braane
12-07-2011, 06:46 PM
A lot of comments in there from people who believe Paul can't beat Obama. This sentiment drives me nuts. Paul will beat Obama by a wide margin among independents and would dip into the dems as well. The only way he loses is if conservatives vote for Obama, which is a paradox... a true conservative would never vote for Obama over Paul (and that's how we have to start selling it).

phill4paul
12-07-2011, 06:47 PM
This movement has been building for years now. It has not been through ad buys or debates. DO NOT GET ME WRONG. THESE things are IMPORTANT NOW!
But, when I think about all the family and friends I have interacted w/ over the last four years, and how many people they have interacted w/ because of it, I am just amazed. This is true of EVERYONE on these boards.
Honestly, we would not be in the position we are today unless all of us had not kept the flame alive. EVERY single day!
To all. Salute. One heart and mind at a time is reaping dividends.

Anti Federalist
12-07-2011, 06:58 PM
his self-preservationist mentality does nothing to help those around the world who are suffering, which is an affront to our Biblical obligations.

I always find this amusing.

Like millionaires who complain they are not taxed enough.

What's stopping you from writing a check?

Or, if you don't have money and feel that strongly about it, joining the missionary service?

Carole
12-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Here is a good article for your friend re: Israel and foreign aid.

Israeli Economists Agree with Rand Paul: End Foreign Aid

HTTP://THENEWAMERICAN.COM/INDEX.PHP/USNEWS/POLITICS/6201-ISRAELI-ECONOMISTS-AGREE-WITH-RAND-PAUL-END-FOREIGN-AID
WRITTEN BY DANIEL SAYANI

Echoes
12-07-2011, 07:11 PM

Or, if you don't have money and feel that strongly about it, joining the missionary service?

It seems some ppl need guns waived at their heads before they become "charitable".

Cabal
12-07-2011, 07:17 PM
No Paul for me. I've decided I'm writing in Sarah Palin.
Monday at 7:46pm · Like · 1

John C. I hate to say this, but I would definitely vote for Obama over Paul. Sorry;)
Monday at 10:23pm · Like

Dr. Conrad, that is my dilemma. At this point, the politician with the most integrity is Obama. He may be ruining the country, but at least he's honest. Nevertheless, before we get to the general election, I've got to pull a lever in the Republican primary.
Monday at 10:43pm · Like

Obama has actually performed his job with quite possibly the most integrity of any president in recent times. Between JFK's affairs, Nixon's Watergate, Reagan's Iran-Contra scandal, and Clinton's sexual escapades, he actually has, thus far, run his office with what could arguably be the most personal integrity of a president that we've seen in recent years. Yes, I disagree with a lot of his political stances, but if you evaluate him on his personal, non-political life, he's been squeaky clean. Love him or hate him, you've got to tip your hat to the man.
Yesterday at 12:17am · Like

John, I have to disagree with you. Mitt Romney has been slippery on some issues but I believe he has the best grasp of economic issues of any of the candidates. When he came into Utah to run the Olympics the local committee had made every mistake in the book and was on the verge of bringing total disgrace to the Olympics and to Utah. Without tearing people down, Romney took charge and produced a very good Olympic show and completely reversed the economic disaster the games were becoming. I think we will find he is reliably pro-life and pro traditional marriage despite his stupid screw-ups in Massachusetts. I could be wrong but I vastly prefer him to Gingrich who is brilliant and a great speaker but I am not sure he is a great leader. Ron Paul's isolationism and anti-Semitism means I would never vote for him regardless of the other choices. And this is still a great country.
20 hours ago · Like

WTF is wrong with people? Do they eat retarded for breakfast every morning?

Faith in humanity -9000

Ronulus
12-07-2011, 07:25 PM
You should show them the poll of him vs obama in a head to head and all other candidates lagging behind. Can also show his doug wead article for those that say his foreign policy is bad.

Brian4Liberty
12-07-2011, 08:03 PM

Exactly.

Except you know that he wants to pick who you and I are forced to give charity to!

Ekrub
12-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Lol biblical obligations.

AJ187
12-07-2011, 08:41 PM
I really feel like the BIG breakthrough is when Paul gets closer the Nom and these people actually begin meeting REAL Ron Paul supporters in REAL life. I think they operate under a terrible misconception that were all crazy or selfish or something...

Okie RP fan
12-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Have you hit the guy with FACTS? Every single one of his claims can be verifiably countered with proof beyond explanation.

Jandrsn21
12-07-2011, 08:46 PM
No offense, but your friends sound like complete tools. Mitt Romney is the best on the economy? Obama has integrity? Ron Paul is an anti semite and unelectable? Dude you need to get all these people in the same room, take 12 hours and do some SERIOUS youtube surfing! You could have these guys like putty, drooling, and repeating ... DOES NOT COMPUTE.... DOES NOT COMPUTE!!!!!

Then all the sudden!

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/gruesome_scanners_431x300.jpg

Muwahid
12-07-2011, 08:51 PM
June 18th, 2011 I like that Ron Paul has adopted my view on the government's role in marriage
http://stickerish.com/wp-content/themes/mio/sp-framework/timthumb/timthumb.php?src=http://stickerish.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/LoLGuyBlackTextSS.png&h=500&w=500&zc=2&q=100&a=c

Anti Federalist
12-07-2011, 09:05 PM
It seems some ppl need guns waived at their heads before they become "charitable".

Exactly.

Except you know that he wants to pick who you and I are forced to give charity to!

Yup.

Not them, oh no.

We have to get a gun waved in our faces to pay for the US to kick the world's ass for Israel.

Eric21ND
12-08-2011, 03:31 AM
What a mess. There's two things you should post on that train wreck.

First post this:

Ron Paul was only reiterating exactly what comes from the CIA intelligence and what CIA veteran Michael Scheuer writes and speaks about. CIA counter-terrorism expert Michael Scheuer would likely be Ron Paul's choice for Secretary of State. Watch the video and ask yourself if you'd rather have Michael Scheuer or Hillary Clinton at the helm.

Michael Scheuer Foreign Policy Discussion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEQviZPyeXk

Secondly post this:

NBC News/Marist Poll Electability numbers:

Iowa
Obama (54) vs Bachmann (31) -23
Obama (50) vs Cain (32) -18
Obama (48) vs Perry (37) -11
Obama (47) vs Gingrich (37) -10
Obama (46) vs Romney (39) -7
Obama (42) vs Paul (42) 0

NH
Obama (53) Cain (30) -23
Obama (53) Bachmann (33) -20
Obama (51) Perry (36) -15
Obama (49) Gingrich (39) -10
Obama (44) Paul (42) -2
Obama (43) Romney (46) +3

Only Ron Paul turns Iowa into a battleground state, all others lose that state badly!

MJU1983
12-08-2011, 03:36 AM
WTF is wrong with people? Do they eat retarded for breakfast every morning?

Faith in humanity -9000

They are well informed via CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, Fox News, and when all else fails...talk radio. It's all they know! lol

John F Kennedy III
12-08-2011, 03:49 AM
Paul will get a lot of soft support via 'process of elimination' voters =)

That's how I first got here :p

I was very reluctant to support Ron because of his age.