PDA

View Full Version : Stick a fork in Rick Perry cause he's done. (Latest Rick Perry ad)

Perry
12-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Wow!. Talk about irrelevant. Not that these aren't important issues but this is not even what conservatives are focused on in this election.
This is the death bell for Rick Perry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX9NZjOYfO4

(Edited post: Accidentally put in the word irreverent when i meant irrelevant(spell check)

Sola_Fide
12-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Oh dear.

"The war on Christmas" is a "major religious issue"? "Praying in school" is the action item on the agenda for Perry?

Ughhhh. This is why Christians get laughed at Rick. Because there is absolutely no substance to any of this garbage.

How about the Christian idea of ending the state schools?
How about the Christian idea of sound money?
How about the Christian idea of prohibiting theft?
How about the Christian idea of free markets?
How about the Christian idea of the individual and family being primary and every other earthly authority secondary?
How about the Christian idea of private property?
How about "No King but King Jesus"?
How about freedom of conscience?

The religious right is so far removed from Reformation Christianity, that it has lost all its savor. Jesus told the religious leaders of His day:

Matthew 5:13 NIV

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot."

The same applies to the emptiness of the modern religious right.

James Madison
12-07-2011, 05:26 PM
What's happened, you ask? Christianity has been warped into a progressive cult that worships an arbitrary border in the Middle East. And the worst part about all of this is that Christians are walking into their own slaughter.

Blame futurists, dispensationalists, and the rapture-ready pharisees of the 21st Century. They're the ones who caused this.

pauliticalfan
12-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Oh no, Rick Perry's eating into Santorum's base!

Edit: Just realized how nasty that sounds.

ShaneEnochs
12-07-2011, 05:29 PM
I swear... he looks and talks just like W. Am I the only one who's seeing this?

Dr.3D
12-07-2011, 05:31 PM
I remember when Bush did the same kind of ad.

trey4sports
12-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Wow. that was an odd ad.

Xenophage
12-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Oh dear.

"The war on Christmas" is a "major religious issue"? "Praying in school" is the action item on the agenda for Perry?

Ughhhh. This is why Christians get laughed at Rick. Because there is absolutely no substance to any of this garbage.

How about the Christian idea of ending the state schools?
How about the Christian idea of sound money?
How about the Christian idea of prohibiting theft?
How about the Christian idea of free markets?
How about the Christian idea of the individual and family being primary and every other earthly authority secondary?
How about the Christian idea of private property?
How about "No King but King Jesus"?
How about freedom of conscience?

The religious right is so far removed from Reformation Christianity, that it has lost all its savor. Jesus told the religious leaders of His day:

The same applies to the emptiness of the modern religious right.

I sure like you and your brand of Christianity. You espouse a religion that is morally compatible with my philosophy, through and through. It's unfortunate that so many atheists choose the path of utilitarianism and moral subjectivism.

Tod
12-07-2011, 05:40 PM
I swear... he looks and talks just like W. Am I the only one who's seeing this?

He does remind me a WHOLE LOT of W.

cornell
12-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Is that an actual ad?

Sola_Fide
12-07-2011, 05:51 PM
I sure like you and your brand of Christianity. You espouse a religion that is morally compatible with my philosophy, through and through. It's unfortunate that so many atheists choose the path of utilitarianism and moral subjectivism.

It's just Reformed Christianity man. It's the same kind of Christianity most of the founding generation was. Believe me, we Calvinists are a dying breed in this country, and I believe that is the case because God is judging this country...and it is not going to turn out good.

TexMac
12-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Funny: Rick Perry forgets to turn off "likes" on new ad on YouTube http://dkel.ec/uJQlsR does not go well http://twitpic.com/7q03e6

bwlibertyman
12-07-2011, 06:31 PM
I think many christians get caught up in the whole "protect Israel because she is god's people". I agree with it but not on how to protect her. I don't think Jesus would say "kill everyone who poses a threat to you". He did say in the book of matthews "if your enemy slaps your cheek, turn your head".

Jesus taught us to lead by example. We aren't suppose to force our christian morals on people. We're supposed to show them. This is exactly what Ron teaches. We should show the world how good we can be, not force our goodness on them.

Jesus literally espoused the non-aggression principle. There are a lot of Christians that have lost the path and it is sad. All we can do is show them what Jesus has taught.

I was talking to my war mongering grandpa (probably 70 years old). I said grandpa what was Jesus's nickname? It was the prince of peace. If jesus didn't advocate war why should we?

He gave me the line of how Jesus went into the temple and threw the bad people out. I rationalize this by saying that the temple was his property. It probably wasn't in the lawful sense but he is God so therefore it is his house.

People are just so caught up in the they don't call themselves christians so they hate us and I must hate them.

This is really sad.

PaulConventionWV
12-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Is it just me or is his voice higher?

Bruno
12-07-2011, 06:56 PM
He and his Carhart jacket have been spamming our airwaves here. Haven't see this ad run yet, but he has another ad where he talks about his "faith"

Zap!
12-07-2011, 07:12 PM
I actually like it.

AlexG
12-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Perry was done weeks ago, I'm ready to kick him out of the Governor's mansion!

Echoes
12-07-2011, 07:15 PM
No need to stomp on a dead horse, hopefully some of his supporters come our way. Ron and him are both Texans after all.

XTreat
12-07-2011, 07:17 PM

i loled

GeorgiaAvenger
12-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Great outfit

pcosmar
12-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Pander much?

As a Christian this disgusts me.
More so because it is so obviously phony.

enjerth
12-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Funny: Rick Perry forgets to turn off "likes" on new ad on YouTube http://dkel.ec/uJQlsR does not go well http://twitpic.com/7q03e6

Why not campaign on RPF to turn that around? How sweet would it be to see that air on TV? :D

flightlesskiwi
12-07-2011, 07:33 PM
It's just Reformed Christianity man. It's the same kind of Christianity most of the founding generation was. Believe me, we Calvinists are a dying breed in this country, and I believe that is the case because God is judging this country...and it is not going to turn out good.

i have a slight disagreement about the "dying breed"... there is an awakening occurring amongst particular groups-- especially the 20 to 40 male (especially urban) demographic. perhaps it's not a large enough movement to effect massive change, but there are many american men that are leaders in the "new calvinist" movement that are making impact. http://theresurgence.com/2010/03/08/the-message-of-the-resurging-calvinism

Lavitz
12-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Saw this ad today on CNN during lunch break at work. Not sure why, but I always see the Perry ads on CNN and never on Fox. When I saw this one, I just smirked and shook my head. He really is off in left field on this one.

xFiFtyOnE
12-07-2011, 07:47 PM

Frothy?

fisharmor
12-07-2011, 07:52 PM
The religious right is so far removed from Reformation Christianity, that it has lost all its savor.

You forgot an I in that last word.

iGGz
12-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Do they normally say "I'm so and so and I approve this message" while they are still in camera?

It seems strange to me lol

Dr.3D
12-07-2011, 08:09 PM
He and his Carhart jacket have been spamming our airwaves here. Haven't see this ad run yet, but he has another ad where he talks about his "faith"

Wow, the sleeves haven't even frayed on that jacket. That guy must be rich. I've got three of those and none of them have good sleeve ends anymore.

trey4sports
12-07-2011, 08:13 PM
How dare the gays openly serve! How dare they!

bunklocoempire
12-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Hey Rick Perry, I prayed and celebrated Christmas at my school, my school was solely and voluntarily funded by my church.

The Christians I'm affiliated with never really saw the need to rob unbelievers at gun point to pay for my schooling -we figured not only was it sinful and wrong, but it would also put unbelievers off on the whole true Christian thing, and, my school would also be forced to make concessions to the government as how we ran things in exchange for them giving us stolen money.

See how that works Rick? Government, stolen money, school, concessions to government...

Just what the heck kinda church to you go to anyway!?:confused:

Bunkloco

Sola_Fide
12-08-2011, 12:12 AM
i have a slight disagreement about the "dying breed"... there is an awakening occurring amongst particular groups-- especially the 20 to 40 male (especially urban) demographic. perhaps it's not a large enough movement to effect massive change, but there are many american men that are leaders in the "new calvinist" movement that are making impact. http://theresurgence.com/2010/03/08/the-message-of-the-resurging-calvinism

Yes, you are right. There has been a lot written in the past 10 or so years about a resurgence of Reformed ideas. Some people say the Reformers made use of the printing press and now the new Reformed folk are making great use of the internet. The doctrines of grace ARE biblical. When they are studied by people who love God's Word, they are hard to refute, and the internet has made it possible for the debate that we have been having for centuries to be seen by everyone, side-by-side. Arminians have all but abandoned scholarly debates with Calvinists because they get trounced. Dr. James White, for instance, has documented this many times.

And I hope the Lord blesses many more people with the truth of His sovereign grace. But for God's purposes, the powerful, spirit filled preaching of Reformation Christianity has waned in America. Sadly, America is the land of post-modern theological liberalism. Falsehood that has the form of godliness but denies its power. And we see with the waning of the worldview of Reformed Christianity, the waning of the foundation of liberty. Groen van Prinsterer said “In Calvinism lies the origin and guarantee of our constitutional liberties.”

James Madison
12-08-2011, 12:19 AM
AB, are you a preterist by chance?

Sola_Fide
12-08-2011, 12:32 AM
AB, are you a preterist by chance?

James,

The more I study about eschatology, the more I realize that I don't know anything about it. I have floated between post- and a- millenialism a few times in my Christian walk, and I still don't know exactly where I stand...probably a little more "a", than "post" these days. In regards to preterism, it seems to me that some level of partial-preterism makes some of the time-sensitive passages in the Bible make more sense. But by no means am I convinced on eschatology, other than to totally reject dispensationalism.

What has profited my soul more than anything is to dig into the doctrines of grace. One thing I thank the Lord for is a greater understanding of justification by faith alone. There has been nothing that has strengthened my faith more than the doctrine of the sovereignty of God in salvation and the doctrine of justification by faith alone. Calvin and Luther both said that the the doctrine of justification by faith alone was the hinge on which the true gospel turned. Luther said the church wouldn't last one hour without the doctrine of sola fide.

Sola_Fide
12-08-2011, 01:09 AM
Hey Rick Perry, I prayed and celebrated Christmas at my school, my school was solely and voluntarily funded by my church.

The Christians I'm affiliated with never really saw the need to rob unbelievers at gun point to pay for my schooling -we figured not only was it sinful and wrong, but it would also put unbelievers off on the whole true Christian thing, and, my school would also be forced to make concessions to the government as how we ran things in exchange for them giving us stolen money.

See how that works Rick? Government, stolen money, school, concessions to government...

Just what the heck kinda church to you go to anyway!?:confused:

Bunkloco

Haha...yeah. Its funny how these voluntary schools don't have an issue with "prayer in the classroom", isn't it? When are these mainstream Christians going to wake up out of the fiction of statism?

milo10
12-08-2011, 01:17 AM
Rick really nailed it this time. The War on Xmas and gays in the military are the most pressing issues of our time.

I guess we can only celebrate Xmas now if we put up posters of Tom of Finland characters with Santa outfits.

rp08orbust
12-08-2011, 01:19 AM
Like finding a fresh spot on a junkie's arm, it's not easy to find a place on Perry's body that doesn't already have a fork in it.

Agorism
12-08-2011, 01:24 AM
I thought Bush just had a weird accent, but I'm starting to think other Texans sound just like him since Perry does.

Perry
12-08-2011, 01:41 AM

Edit: Just realized how nasty that sounds. I lol'ed.:D

moonshineplease
12-08-2011, 02:26 AM
A desperate move indeed. Grasping for votes by beta testing some tried and true establishment PR ad stunts. Def. don't see this working out at all.

libertarian4321
12-08-2011, 02:28 AM
With all the problems we have facing this country, all Rick Perry can do is talk about "faith."

Really?

Has the guy just given up?

libertarian4321
12-08-2011, 02:31 AM
Rick really nailed it this time. The War on Xmas and gays in the military are the most pressing issues of our time.

I guess we can only celebrate Xmas now if we put up posters of Tom of Finland characters with Santa outfits.

Yup, if Perry can get military gays back in the closet, peace will be achieved and the economy will turn around immediately.

Or something?

As a Texan, I'm aware that Perry isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but this ad campaign is baffling.

Sola_Fide
12-08-2011, 02:36 AM
With all the problems we have facing this country, all Rick Perry can do is talk about "faith."

Really?

The reason that this country is being destroyed is faith. Faith in government. There is no such thing as "no faith", there is only "which faith". We either put our faith in men or put our faith in God.

Zap!
12-08-2011, 02:51 AM
All in all it was a very good commercial and I agreed 100%. Too bad he's not Ron Paul on wars and the Patriot Act, otherwise he'd be Pat Buchanan.

libertarian4321
12-08-2011, 03:19 AM
All in all it was a very good commercial and I agreed 100%. Too bad he's not Ron Paul on wars and the Patriot Act, otherwise he'd be Pat Buchanan.

The only way Perry would be equivalent to Pat Buchanan is if Buchanan had age related dementia which caused his IQ to drop 30 points so that it would be about equal to Perry's.

I don't agree with Buchanan on a lot of things, but he's fairly bright and well read. He knows a lot about a lot of things.

My governor, on the other hand, is neither intelligent nor knowledgeable- he's kind of a better looking version of Bush, without Bush's (relative) passion for learning.

Dr.3D
12-08-2011, 03:25 AM
Yup, if Perry can get military gays back in the closet, peace will be achieved and the economy will turn around immediately.

Or something?

As a Texan, I'm aware that Perry isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but this ad campaign is baffling.

They wouldn't have to make it legal to commit sodomy in the military.

FrankRep
12-08-2011, 03:35 AM
Rick Perry pulls out the Christian card.

:rolleyes:

Sola_Fide
12-08-2011, 06:00 AM
I just saw this ad on Fox in the morning, right before their "war on Christmas" segment. So empty...

moostraks
12-08-2011, 06:33 AM
Wow, the sleeves haven't even frayed on that jacket. That guy must be rich. I've got three of those and none of them have good sleeve ends anymore.

wow...you must be rich :p I am still waiting to get my first one. I am hoping to hit the after Christmas sale at Tractor Supply this year for mine. My thermal sweatshirt jacket from years ago is not going to stand another Ohio winter I don't believe.

As for the ad, typical vote pandering to a certain (pathetic) portion of the public. It is why Christians are ridiculed by non-Christians for being out of touch with the issues. I am Arminian and agree also with AB on which major issues should be relevant, fwiw:).

orenbus
12-08-2011, 09:15 AM
Current Map:
http://www.ronpaulcountry.com/sites/all/themes/bluemasters/images/screenshots/rpc_map_12082011.png

Top 7 States - Registered by State:
http://www.ronpaulcountry.com/sites/all/themes/bluemasters/images/screenshots/rpc_graphs_12082011.png

IOWA Has Taken Top Spot ...Sweet Caroline...good times never seem so good...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odAsVu4NwSw

Register Today!

http://ronpaulcountry.com/user/register

http://www.ronpaulcountry.com/launch

http://ronpaulcountry.com/sites/ronpaulcountry.com/files/RPC_logo_by_dave_grad.png

The Free Hornet
12-08-2011, 12:07 PM

From one of the Iowa polls,

Among those who report no religious preference, Paul is winning a majority at nearly 59 percent.
http://www.news.iastate.edu/news/2011/nov/ISUpoll

The "secularists" (closest thing to atheists in the choices) overwhelmingly supported Paul. What in the hell are you talking about? Why are you generalizing - and falsely - a large block of support?

randomname
12-08-2011, 04:44 PM
his youtube ad has 254.000 dislikes, haha

http://static.happyplace.com/assets/images/2011/12/4ee137fdc325e.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PAJNntoRgA

jmdrake
12-08-2011, 05:45 PM

Really?

He was hammered early on by conservatives for Gardissil and then plummeted when he alienated conservatives by saying that giving in state tuition to illegals was the "humane" thing to do. All of the rest of the conservative issues are already covered by other candidates. There's nothing left for him but to be the "Let's keep Christ in Christmas" candidate "hallelujah!" Even the anti-gay stuff is already covered by Bachmann and Santorum. I think he just through that in their for good measure. He pandered to one minority group so he has to go after another one.

Dr.3D
12-08-2011, 05:57 PM
wow...you must be rich :p I am still waiting to get my first one. I am hoping to hit the after Christmas sale at Tractor Supply this year for mine. My thermal sweatshirt jacket from years ago is not going to stand another Ohio winter I don't believe.

As for the ad, typical vote pandering to a certain (pathetic) portion of the public. It is why Christians are ridiculed by non-Christians for being out of touch with the issues. I am Arminian and agree also with AB on which major issues should be relevant, fwiw:).

If I were you, I wouldn't waste my money on one of those. I bought a M-1965 field jacket and like it a lot more than any of those others.
http://www.amazon.com/4-Star-Military-Surplus-65/dp/B000KYR79S

Don't forget to order a liner for it too. :)

HOLLYWOOD
12-09-2011, 12:29 AM
WOW up to 365,000 DISLIKES... this phony is done.

his youtube ad has 254.000 dislikes, haha

http://static.happyplace.com/assets/images/2011/12/4ee137fdc325e.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PAJNntoRgA

Kregisen
12-09-2011, 12:50 AM
Ummm somebody is obviously using some program to add on dislikes...the video is literally getting more than 25-30 dislikes a second. Rebecka Black's video got dislikes at like 10% that speed.

Someone's cheating!

rawful
12-09-2011, 12:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/gfTz9.gif

Steppenwolf6
12-09-2011, 02:38 AM
hmmm
Dubbia 2.0 is spending a lot of money in these ads ,by the time he is finished with his 17 millions I would not be surprised if he had to gain 1% between evangelical.
IF he does not participate to ANY debate that is.

I have to admit:
I hate newt,romney and even huntsmann much more than him.
I dont' hate him.

But..no..he is NO Buchanan,not even close.
Buchanan is a master ,I wish HE was still running if Ron Paul was'nt there.
Perry ... is a likeble dufus,W 2.0.

Steppenwolf6
12-09-2011, 02:43 AM
Yes,something fishy for sure on the 500.000 dislikes in a few hours.

But why so many views?

The " serial hypocrisy" and the "big dog" are getting less!
That's also fishy.

TexMac
12-09-2011, 07:04 AM
That video was featured on some big sites yesterday, like Talking Points Memo and Little Green Footballs, all talking about the dislike thing. Lots of journalists picked up on it and tweeted it, so it doesn't surprise me that a lot of people piled on and disliked it.

zach
12-09-2011, 08:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg1reOJV27w&feature=player_embedded

:toady:

Philhelm
12-09-2011, 09:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg1reOJV27w&feature=player_embedded

:toady:

I can't watch the video right now, but going by the title, was it dubbed by Lindsey Graham, perchance?

Athan
12-09-2011, 10:13 AM

*snicker*
You nasty.

Peace&Freedom
12-09-2011, 11:18 AM
The Young Turks Show pointed out the jacket Perry is wearing is VERY similar to Heath Ledger's in Brokeback Mountain. Odd choice of garb to be making anti-gay agenda remarks with. Unless Bilderberg Rick is deliberately trying to make Christian conservatives look silly.

KAYA
12-09-2011, 11:52 AM
The reason that this country is being destroyed is faith. Faith in government. There is no such thing as "no faith", there is only "which faith". We either put our faith in men or put our faith in God.

Very well said there AquaB!

iGGz
12-09-2011, 03:49 PM
I thought this was good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbrI3F7p6-o

iGGz
12-09-2011, 03:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-tjWoRPaI0

iGGz
12-09-2011, 03:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8sbBVOt40Q

iGGz
12-09-2011, 03:52 PM
hahahahah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxvB8l8f4Ew

iGGz
12-09-2011, 03:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0lfmCP8e6A

pauliticalfan
12-09-2011, 03:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLQrMqog8Fk

Kinda looks like Pat Sayjak.

randomname
12-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Turns out he's wearing the same jacket as Heath Ledger wears in "Brokeback Mountain", and the music in this ad is by gay American composer Aaron Copland

EvilEngineer
12-10-2011, 07:53 PM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/funny-facebook-fails-failbook-brokeback-perry.jpg