PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire DVD Bomb!

muzzled dogg
12-07-2011, 04:13 PM
http://ronpaulfilm.com/dvdbomb/donate_header.png

RonPaulFilm.com is now accepting donations in an effort to put as many copies of the For Liberty Re-cut into the hands of as many potential early primary voters as possible, beginning with New Hampshire.

With everyone's help, we can supply local Meetups with thousands of copies, and will work closely with Meetup Organizers to ensure this vital campaign tool gets to where they need to be.

This film has been a proven asset to the campaign in bringing many Republican, Independent, and even Democratic voters to our side. With a massive distribution campaign, we can maximize our reach and influence on untold amount of voters leading up to primaries.

Remember - this our last chance to see a Ron Paul presidency. If he doesn't get the nomination, it's over. There will never be another opportunity for us. The time for urgency is now. Please help us get this message out!

New Hampshire (window Dec 1 - Dec 20)

For $.78/ea we can ship a single copy to vetted New Hampshire activists to distribute to voters in their state.

DONATE HERE: http://ronpaulfilm.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=18

muzzled dogg
12-16-2011, 05:27 PM
i just received the first shipment. thanks for supporting this cause

muzzled dogg
12-16-2011, 11:08 PM
Uh bump

Paulitics 2011
12-16-2011, 11:43 PM
For Liberty is not the best DVD for converting people. I'm sorry, it's a great video to rally the troops, and it might get people to open up their minds a little bit more, but it's not the best for recruiting potential voters.

muzzled dogg
12-17-2011, 09:13 AM
Stop arm chair quarterbacking and send me a case of what you think is better

Paulitics 2011
12-17-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm trying to give constructive criticism, so don't get mad at me for offering advice.

This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohKz9OeiI0g), for example, is a great video for converting people in general, although it would need to be updated, and some parts corrected for distribution. I think I could get the creator of that video to make a few small edits to make it ready for distribution. Also, the RevPAC could make a customized video based on that like they did with the SuperBrochures, with information specific to NH residents.

Some people were talking about making a DVD which had that as an intro, and then went to a menu with clips on all of the issues.

Xelaetaks
12-17-2011, 05:12 PM
For Liberty is not the best DVD for converting people. I'm sorry, it's a great video to rally the troops, and it might get people to open up their minds a little bit more, but it's not the best for recruiting potential voters.

I have to agree with this. I think For Liberty could turn off potential voters. It is a great video but not for getting new voters.

icon124
12-17-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm trying to give constructive criticism, so don't get mad at me for offering advice.

This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohKz9OeiI0g), for example, is a great video for converting people in general, although it would need to be updated, and some parts corrected for distribution. I think I could get the creator of that video to make a few small edits to make it ready for distribution. Also, the RevPAC could make a customized video based on that like they did with the SuperBrochures, with information specific to NH residents.

Some people were talking about making a DVD which had that as an intro, and then went to a menu with clips on all of the issues.

Yes we need someone with power to get together and make DVS's out of this. I would donate all day long to get this video out there...short and sweet.

muzzled dogg
12-18-2011, 12:20 AM
That's what Rpf is for

I'm handing out the best DVDs we have

If you don't like then dont donate to the cause. produce and send me something better

I suspect that nh primary will be long over by the time you're done

In the meantime we're going with for liberty

muh_roads
12-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Isn't this the same video that Revolution PAC is sending out in super brochures?

Why is it a bad video again?

Napolitanic Wars
12-18-2011, 12:24 AM
send me a case of what you think is better

Donate to the campaign. They've been doing a good job so far.

muzzled dogg
12-18-2011, 12:26 AM
I think it's the video that revpac sent a link to but im not sure

These are hard copies of the actual DVD that nh activists like myself are physically handing out

muzzled dogg
12-18-2011, 12:30 AM

Are u in an early primary state? I'm sick of people on this forum saying the campaign is doing a good job without ever having dealt with them

They are not perfect and an individual knows better on certain things. it's a bureaucratic beast. I think some of the resources need to be decentralized via pacs or intlatives like this

Napolitanic Wars
12-18-2011, 12:35 AM
Are u in an early primary state? I'm sick of people on this forum saying the campaign is doing a good job without ever having dealt with them

They are not perfect and an individual knows better on certain things. it's a bureaucratic beast. I think some of the resources need to be decentralized via pacs or intlatives like this

I dunno. I would be all for sending folk DVDs, but I have 7 copies of the new version on my bureau. I gave one to my uncle for his birthday and another to my room mate. Neither has watch it. If they won't, I don't see why strangers will. The campaign scientifically tests everything they do and I think it is money better spent if they have it.

muzzled dogg
12-18-2011, 12:58 AM
And that is your decision

I think it's effective to reach out to folks at nh NASCAR twice a year when 100,000 people come out

I think it's effective to have a table and show a video like every other candidate at the st a's straw poll

I think it's effective to have enough signs at the campaign hq for supporters with lawns who want them

I think it's effective to lend me yard signs even of they don't want to come our for NASCAR

I think it's effective I reach out the the 20,000 people and rick santorum that came out for the Nashua holiday stroll

I think it's effective to RSVP yes to an invite to participate in the Manchester Christmas parade especially after Romney did

I think it's effective to reach out people at the Portsmouth holiday parade

I think it's effective to show up at the sarah palin tea party express events where everyone is sweating their asses off with the Ron paul fans

Months ago I thought it was effective to show up to the town halls with yard signs

Now I think it's effective to show up to the town halls with enough yard signs for the undecideds that we may have won over

I think it's effective to reach out to Ron's strongest demographic instead of likely republican primary voters

I think it's effective to accept the nh tea party's invite to speak in windham where newt just drew 600

I think it's effective to speak at a college in Nashua instead of a diner

I think it's effective to speak in Boston on dec 16 to rally the troops

So yeah. I was there we were there the grassroots was there.

Xelaetaks
12-18-2011, 01:05 AM
The Grassroots is very effective but many people would be turned off by For Liberty, because to some it will look like some of the supporters are homeless and more of a cult than anything. I'm not knocking the film because I really liked it but it could actually turn off a lot of voters, you're free to do what you want though, but I can't see how For Liberty would make non supporters want to vote for Ron Paul. If you think it can turn people onto Ron Paul I'd be compelled to hear but there are much better videos out on the web right now than For Liberty.

Even the Ron Paul campaign ads in 30 seconds would make me want to vote for Ron Paul more than watching For LIberty imo.

muzzled dogg
12-18-2011, 01:21 AM
X if I could get a copy in avg person's hand I think it'd be a net positive, and that's why I continue to hand it out

If you can produce and send me something better I'll use that instead. If you can do cheaper than ronpaulfilm and can get people to pay to send it all the better

Until then the primary is 24 (?) days away

And the campaign's lit is not cutting it. That shit sucks

Official slim Jims devote half of the surface area to begging for money and talking about how Ron is the godfather of the tea party.

That does not win people over here

parocks
12-18-2011, 01:26 AM

I'm going to argue in favor of what Shemdogg is doing. I typically argue in favor of what Shemdogg is doing.

He is on the ground in New Hampshire.

And that's enough for me.

We should have SOME Grassroots.

And, as Shemdogg says "give me a better DVD", I'd say, show me a better Grassroots in New Hampshire than Shemdogg and the people he certainly appears to be working well with in New Hampshire.

AdamT
12-18-2011, 01:27 AM
The Grassroots is very effective but many people would be turned off by For Liberty, because to some it will look like some of the supporters are homeless and more of a cult than anything. I'm not knocking the film because I really liked it but it could actually turn off a lot of voters, you're free to do what you want though, but I can't see how For Liberty would make non supporters want to vote for Ron Paul. If you think it can turn people onto Ron Paul I'd be compelled to hear but there are much better videos out on the web right now than For Liberty.

Even the Ron Paul campaign ads in 30 seconds would make me want to vote for Ron Paul more than watching For LIberty imo.

Then you obviously haven't been to screenings where people have left the theater changed people. The stories we have of the film converting people are endless. At the minimum they understand why people love Ron and see how the media manipulates the elections.

Additionally, the DVD is loaded with carefully picked bonus sections organized in easily accessible menus. Every official campaign TV ad is on there. And the packaging is a careful designed lit piece in itself.

parocks
12-18-2011, 01:38 AM
X if I could get a copy in avg person's hand I think it'd be a net positive, and that's why I continue to hand it out

If you can produce and send me something better I'll use that instead. If you can do cheaper than ronpaulfilm and can get people to pay to send it all the better

Until then the primary is 24 (?) days away

And the campaign's lit is not cutting it. That shit sucks

Official slim Jims devote half of the surface area to begging for money and talking about how Ron is the godfather of the tea party.

That does not win people over here

I have a question about finances. How do your finances work compared to the superbrochures - RevPac and RPP?

It seems like you might be doing it closer to the way I'd like to see it done. Does most of the money go to the USPS?

How about a superbrochure instead of the DVD? I'd like to see the distribution costs baked into the price.

Can you duplicate the RPP system, but instead of using the USPS - you can deliver the product yourself? RPP did work. I personally did not like the fact that so much of the money went to the USPS.

Do you have any lists? What list are you using? What are your means of distribution, and what percent is distribution costs?

parocks
12-18-2011, 01:43 AM
I think it's the video that revpac sent a link to but im not sure

These are hard copies of the actual DVD that nh activists like myself are physically handing out

I was at an official meeting in Maine with official Ron Paul Maine people and For Liberty was available, and the superbrochure, as well as the slim jims. I'm not saying that the official campaign put those materials out - someone else might have - but they were there, and I picked a few of the For Liberty DVDs and a few of the Superbrochures.

Xelaetaks
12-18-2011, 01:54 AM
Then you obviously haven't been to screenings where people have left the theater changed people. The stories we have of the film converting people are endless. At the minimum they understand why people love Ron and see how the media manipulates the elections.

Additionally, the DVD is loaded with carefully picked bonus sections organized in easily accessible menus. Every official campaign TV ad is on there. And the packaging is a careful designed lit piece in itself.

Interesting. I've never been to any screenings. I hear that how the media manipulates everything. I can see how the film would reveal that to people and how some of the other candidates war monger, etc......

parocks
12-18-2011, 02:14 AM
http://www.hippopress.com/ -have an ad for a fun, hip, cool event having something to do with Ron Paul in that publication current the primary. The Hippo is Manchester's Alternative Newsweekly. There could be another one.

Ad on the inside back cover. Back in 07-08, Murphy's Taproom was a hangout in Manchester. Meetups were held there.

european
12-18-2011, 02:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8NhRPo0WAo&sns=fb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohKz9OeiI0g&feature=channel_video_title
Those are 2 very good videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HonestPresident2012

muzzled dogg
12-18-2011, 08:03 AM
Cool bro I'll take 500

Shem Kellogg
3 so shore rd apt 5
Salem, nh 03079

Aratus
12-18-2011, 08:11 AM

And that is your decision

I think it's effective to reach out to folks at nh NASCAR twice a year when 100,000 people come out

I think it's effective to have a table and show a video like every other candidate at the st a's straw poll

I think it's effective to have enough signs at the campaign hq for supporters with lawns who want them

I think it's effective to lend me yard signs even of they don't want to come our for NASCAR

I think it's effective I reach out the the 20,000 people and rick santorum that came out for the Nashua holiday stroll

I think it's effective to RSVP yes to an invite to participate in the Manchester Christmas parade especially after Romney did

I think it's effective to reach out people at the Portsmouth holiday parade

I think it's effective to show up at the sarah palin tea party express events where everyone is sweating their asses off with the Ron paul fans

Months ago I thought it was effective to show up to the town halls with yard signs

Now I think it's effective to show up to the town halls with enough yard signs for the undecideds that we may have won over

I think it's effective to reach out to Ron's strongest demographic instead of likely republican primary voters

I think it's effective to accept the nh tea party's invite to speak in windham where newt just drew 600

I think it's effective to speak at a college in Nashua instead of a diner

I think it's effective to speak in Boston on dec 16 to rally the troops

So yeah. I was there we were there the grassroots was there.

parocks
12-18-2011, 08:18 AM
http://www.hippopress.com/ -have an ad for a fun, hip, cool event having something to do with Ron Paul in that publication current the primary. The Hippo is Manchester's Alternative Newsweekly. There could be another one.

Ad on the inside back cover. Back in 07-08, Murphy's Taproom was a hangout in Manchester. Meetups were held there.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?336306-RevolutionPAC-Grassroots-Boots-On-the-Ground-Debate-Party-(01-07-2011)

I just saw that - which seems pretty good, needs money.

FA.Hayek
12-18-2011, 08:50 AM

also, the new vid by those ppl talking about foreign policy

i love for liberty, but not sure if it's a good one to convert people

Eric21ND
12-18-2011, 09:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8NhRPo0WAo&sns=fb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohKz9OeiI0g&feature=channel_video_title
Those are 2 very good videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HonestPresident2012
We need these videos added to the For Liberty DVD.

Eric21ND
12-18-2011, 09:05 AM
I was at an official meeting in Maine with official Ron Paul Maine people and For Liberty was available, and the superbrochure, as well as the slim jims. I'm not saying that the official campaign put those materials out - someone else might have - but they were there, and I picked a few of the For Liberty DVDs and a few of the Superbrochures.
You word that in a way like you want the official campaign to get in trouble. Strange.

AdamT
12-18-2011, 09:11 AM
i love for liberty, but not sure if it's a good one to convert people

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?335683-New-Hampshire-DVD-Bomb!&p=3870292&viewfull=1#post3870292

We need these videos added to the For Liberty DVD.

RP the Only One You Can Trust is on the new v3.0.

The other one came out just after we sent in the master :(

ropo
12-18-2011, 09:16 AM
I'm sorry, but For Liberty is an awful DVD to try to convert people

Eric21ND
12-18-2011, 09:43 AM
Good luck Shemdoog, the monday morning quarterbacks will come out of the woodwork and try to derail your efforts, but soldier on.

parocks
12-18-2011, 10:39 AM
You word that in a way like you want the official campaign to get in trouble. Strange.

No. I'm trying to clarify exactly. There is no "getting in trouble" here. I'm saying that the campaign is not running away from the superbrochures. If there was something so horribly, horribly wrong with For Liberty, it it was Not To Be Used the campaign would say "woah, no way, get this out of here". But it isn't running away from it. I mentioned that they didn't necessarily fully embrace it, by mentioning they might not have brought it.

You see, the reason why I mention all that, is because one point of this discussion is "how valid is the For Liberty DVD as a tool?" The campaign obviously is aware of the existence of For Liberty. The campaign should be assumed to have an opinion about For Liberty. And people are likely to be trained somewhat to be wary of those things that they should be wary of.

What I'm saying is providing support to the argument that this is a good and useful DVD. I'm with Shemdogg on this.

parocks
12-18-2011, 10:44 AM
I'm sorry, but For Liberty is an awful DVD to try to convert people

Do we have other ones? It appears that this is the one we have. Some think it's great. Others not.

I have a couple of em. It's in shrinkwrap. Has a nice cardboard cover. A nice piece of lit. 4 panels of art. Nice professional art on the CD itself.

There are sections with good long interviews with Ron Paul. The Jon Stewart segment after Ames. Theres content there beyond just For Liberty. It's a solid piece. Something that doesn't exist might be better. But this is fine.

Aratus
12-18-2011, 12:27 PM
early afternoon

bumping for :toady:

the N.H dvd bomb

muzzled dogg
12-19-2011, 11:28 AM
New Hampshire window closes Dec 20

GeorgiaAvenger
12-19-2011, 02:57 PM
It is very important we do great in new hampshire. I would love a win.

muzzled dogg
12-20-2011, 10:08 PM
european i still haven't received your DVD's

i was wondering when i could expect them