PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Song (End This War) Has competition-Kid Rock/Romney-Anthem song

RDM
12-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Looks like the word is getting out on the recent release of Golden States's song-"Bombs"-End This War(The Ron Paul Song). It is now official that Romney has co-opted Kid Rock and his song "Born Free" as his campaign anthem song.

Kid Rock's anthem "Born Free" has been selected the theme song for Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's campaign, a Romney spokesman said.

Romney grew up in Michigan, Kid Rock's home state, and is the son of former Michigan Gov. George Romney. Kid Rock, whose real name is Bob Ritchie, has been a supporter of the Republican party and a booster of Michigan and Detroit causes, The Detroit News said Wednesday.

The newspaper said the song selection was confirmed by Ryan Williams, a Romney campaign spokesman.

"Born Free" is the title track off Kid Rock's 2010 album.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/12/07/Kid-Rocks-Born-Free-new-Romney-theme/UPI-44951323277937/#ixzz1fsxibwTD

mczerone
12-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Yes, you were "born free". Then they gave you a SSN, they required you to go to 12 years of propaganda prison, they required you to turn over a third or more of your wealth, they fought wars in your name, and then you come out the other end being a patriotic Romney supporter.

Romney selected this song, but has the Kid signed off on it? If so, he's out of my rotation (not a huge loss).

anewvoice
12-07-2011, 03:23 PM
"Born with a free pass" is more like it.

He and anyone else who wants to use my song do not need my permission. I said he could use it and I would say the same for any other candidate. I have to have a little faith that every candidate feels like he or she can help this country. Without faith, we got nothing. I make music to have it be heard. Merry Christmas folks! Rock on.

-Kid Rock

Do we can use it too? :)

mczerone
12-07-2011, 03:26 PM

He and anyone else who wants to use my song do not need my permission. I said he could use it and I would say the same for any other candidate. I have to have a little faith that every candidate feels like he or she can help this country. Without faith, we got nothing. I make music to have it be heard. Merry Christmas folks! Rock on.

-Kid Rock

Yes, we can, AND SHOULD. Where is the source to that quote?

Lets see if the Detroit News or UPI covers it though...

RDM
12-07-2011, 03:28 PM

Would you want to use Kid Rock's song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu3rsha1ZtI&ob=av2e

Or would you rather use this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE30TH6Y7cI

Merk
12-07-2011, 04:03 PM
I don't see it mentioned in the article and I am having trouble believing Bob is backing Romney and is giving him permission to use this song.

CaptainAmerica
12-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Kid Rock sucks,no competition there.

djruden
12-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Wasn't "Born Free" an answer Paul gave once to "What song best describes your campaign?" or something like that? Leave it to Mitt to steal Pauls answer again, next thing we know he will be promoting the Law by Bastiat.

UtahApocalypse
12-07-2011, 04:19 PM
After the announcement today from Kid Rock I formally have requested to be removed from his fan club.

PauliticsPolitics
12-07-2011, 04:21 PM
I thought Mitt's song was "Who let the dogs out?"